Goose Creek Memorial at Texas City Game Thread/Texas City wins 49-32

WOSgrad

Guest UHCoog14
8:24 in 3rd
GCM. 18
TC.    39

TC's #7 Denote Foreman is just abusing GCM defenders. #3 Amonte
Foreman has done his fair share too. Both remind me of the type of athletes LaMarque had several years ago. Arm tackling will not stop them.

Guest UHCoog14
Final
GCM.  32
TC.      49

TC very solid on offense. Dawson will score at will on their defense. GCM has some work to do tackling wise. Need to beat Lee next week if they want to stay in the playoff race.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1285437" timestamp="1348887725"]
Final
GCM.  32
TC.      49

TC very solid on offense. Dawson will score at will on their defense. GCM has some work to do tackling wise. Need to beat Lee next week if they want to stay in the playoff race.
[/quote]

last year,TC gave dawson all they wanted and dawson got out of there with a one point win!!

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="panamamyers" post="1285873" timestamp="1348893881"]
Texas City had over 600 yards of offense according to the Chronicle.
I know LaMarque shut them down earlier this year.
[/quote]

That sounds about right. I know they never punted. Might have scored on each possession except two. It was a mixture of poor tackling and some good athletes. Never expect to score 32 and lose.

down by two touchdowns at halftime and take your starters out on defense. you have three very good RB's  and you start your freesafety at rb. free safety gets hurt you move a kid from lb to rb even though your three RB's have not touched the ball all night. you have one of the top WR's in the 2013 recruitng class in the nation and you have him playing LB,(by the way he only played one play in the second half),and have not played WR all year. does this sound like someone who wants to win. if you give up on your team what  do you expect in return. IJS

P.S. I needed to get this off my chest. sorry if I offended anyone but C'MON MAN!(and this is not all but I will stop here.)

Guest UHCoog14
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=103839.msg1285974#msg1285974 date=1348897664]
I actually think Gibson is a much better defensive player than offensive...but that still does not explain why he only played one play of defense.
[/qu
Gibson played more than one play on defense. Probably played close to a full quarter here and there. Jamar is not playing because of Jamar.

For people to assert that Coach Boyd does not want to win is crazy. Not even going to debate the issue.

[quote name="GCMrbDAD" post="1285959" timestamp="1348896761"]
down by two touchdowns at halftime and take your starters out on defense. you have three very good RB's  and you start your freesafety at rb. free safety gets hurt you move a kid from lb to rb even though your three RB's have not touched the ball all night. you have one of the top WR's in the 2013 recruitng class in the nation and you have him playing LB,(by the way he only played one play in the second half),and have not played WR all year. does this sound like someone who wants to win. if you give up on your team what  do you expect in return. IJS

P.S. I needed to get this off my chest. sorry if I offended anyone but C'MON MAN!(and this is not all but I will stop here.)
[/quote]

I dont want to get into an argument here because we need to be unified like our boys but like you said i need to get it off my chest too.
What starters did you see pulled at halftime last night.  I saw more subs having to be made due to injury or fatigue or to be coached up.  I never saw players being pulled because the team or the coaching staff was giving up.
That is a good point about the RB's, we do have some players at RB's.  I think it was one of the best coaching decisions of the year to switch the kid to RB that started last night.  The one from last week (George Ranch game) doesnt have the speed to take it to the house like the one last night did.
You point out the Stud WR, the problem is he has been around in like 2 weeks because of off the field problems (not going to air his business).  You have to be able to count on a kid.  Crazy talent though.
The main problem i see was it was a game where we were going to have to play close to mistake free football and we didnt.  That is a very good TC team with a ton of athletes.  The fumble drive and in the int that hit the WR dead in the hands was way to costly.
Also not being able to hold their offense for a min right before half allowed them to open the gap to 14pts when it should have only been 7 or maybe 4.
The GCM teams that i have watched the past two years would have given up when it got touch, this years team is showing  more heart than that.
It is still a long district season and we will be in the playoffs.

Fear the Goose cause its coming for the Ganders.

[quote name="GCMproud" post="1286063" timestamp="1348921092"]
[quote author=GCMrbDAD link=topic=103839.msg1285959#msg1285959 date=1348896761]

[/quote]

I dont want to get into an argument here because we need to be unified like our boys but like you said i need to get it off my chest too.
What starters did you see pulled at halftime last night.  I saw more subs having to be made due to injury or fatigue or to be coached up.  I never saw players being pulled because the team or the coaching staff was giving up.
That is a good point about the RB's, we do have some players at RB's.  I think it was one of the best coaching decisions of the year to switch the kid to RB that started last night.  The one from last week (George Ranch game) doesnt have the speed to take it to the house like the one last night did.
You point out the Stud WR, the problem is he has been around in like 2 weeks because of off the field problems (not going to air his business).  You have to be able to count on a kid.  Crazy talent though.
The main problem i see was it was a game where we were going to have to play close to mistake free football and we didnt.  That is a very good TC team with a ton of athletes.  The fumble drive and in the int that hit the WR dead in the hands was way to costly.
Also not being able to hold their offense for a min right before half allowed them to open the gap to 14pts when it should have only been 7 or maybe 4.
The GCM teams that i have watched the past two years would have given up when it got touch, this years team is showing  more heart than that.
It is still a long district season and we will be in the playoffs.

Fear the Goose cause its coming for the Ganders.
[/quote]
you are right the kid does have speed that he started last night but that kid does not like contact. you can not play RB if you can't take a hit. so you are telling me that it is better for the team if the kid breaks one big play than to have another kid that can play the whole game. and yes there was a least three defensive players that did not play after halftime.by the way the kid that played RB against(GR)took it to the house on them and the other two RB's can take it to the house also. the  other is faster i agree totally but he is not a runningback. coach boyd has a lot of talent in a lot of kids on this team but IMO he has his favorites and you can not win like that. people just turn the other cheek to it and im just fed up with it.
by the way this is not an arguement because i just want the kids to be sucessful. just my honest opinion .

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1286057" timestamp="1348920497"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=103839.msg1285974#msg1285974 date=1348897664]
I actually think Gibson is a much better defensive player than offensive...but that still does not explain why he only played one play of defense.
[/qu
Gibson played more than one play on defense. Probably played close to a full quarter here and there. Jamar is not playing because of Jamar.

For people to assert that Coach Boyd does not want to win is crazy. Not even going to debate the issue.
[/quote]
you have to build kids cofidence to get them to give you 110%, not break them down everytime they make a mistake.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami