Tarkington at Cleveland Game Thread/Cleveland wins 51-2!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="TeamJag-US" post="1288049" timestamp="1349116286"]
[quote author=cat001 link=topic=103834.msg1287715#msg1287715 date=1349095468]
[quote author=sports fan 9 link=topic=103834.msg1287681#msg1287681 date=1349090847]
Tarkington lacks the speed to compete with a good or even average 3A team. This is not a knock on the kids. Maybe the coaching staff should look into a speed and agility program. I know you cant teach speed, but you can improve it some. Size is always an issue with Tarkington, so as a coach why not try to improve the speed and strength?
[/quote]

Wow you should be traveling around to all the area schools pedaling your wealth of knowledge about speed and agility programs you would make a killing!! You are a clown every coach in the state has strength and agility programs as well as speed training programs Takrington is no different they have some kids with speed but you probably wouldnt know that since you have never seem them play. Go back to your cubicle and continue being just a "fan" and [b]let the professionals take care of football.[/b]
[/quote]

Ok so I've got a question, your apparent bitterness at someone making a suggestion ASIDE (I don't know if you've just got an axe to grind with sports fan or what), be objective. You say "Tarkington is no different they have some kids with speed". Then you say "let the professionals take care of football". There's obviously a "problem" when the score is 51-2. Which is it? Lack of talent (speed, strength, training, genetics, work ethic?) or "the program" the professionals have in place? Outside of one of those things 51-2 can only be attributed to bad luck, does T-town just have bad luck alot? Is Cleveland just that stinking good, that much better year after year?

Some real competition in the district would help ALL the teams. It's alright for one team to be mostly dominate in wins, but geez 40-50 points spread is ridiculous (look at CS vs. Shep. same thing).
[/quote]

Is it okay to say some towns just have better athletes than other towns?  No need to knock on those who try their best but never seem to beat certain teams that perennially have better athletes.  It happens all over the state.

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1288099" timestamp="1349118805"]

Is it okay to say some towns just have better athletes than other towns?  No need to knock on those who try their best but never seem to beat certain teams that perennially have better athletes.  It happens all over the state.
[/quote]

Is it not okay to say theres a reason for that? [b]Accepting/Ignoring that fact only compounds it.[/b] Please clarify who are the "those" that you refer to, with all due respect? I'm not being adversarial and I certainly wasn't "knocking" the athletes. sportsfan's point I think was Tarkington's athletes need more development, whose job is that?

So to answer you question, yeah it's okay to say it, just not to accept it as your destiny IMO.

[quote name="TeamJag-US" post="1288122" timestamp="1349120282"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=103834.msg1288099#msg1288099 date=1349118805]

[/quote]

Is it not okay to say theres a reason for that? [b]Accepting/Ignoring that fact only compounds it.[/b] Please clarify who are the "those" that you refer to, with all due respect? I'm not being adversarial and I certainly wasn't "knocking" the athletes. sportsfan's point I think was Tarkington's athletes need more development, whose job is that?

So to answer you question, yeah it's okay to say it, just not to accept it as your destiny IMO.
[/quote]

Give it time, 1956 is the one only year this team has made the playoffs.  I am sure that somewhere along the way Tarkington has had more than one coach that worked intensely on these skills you say they are missing.  No one is accepting this as normal.  Everyone is working hard to improve.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83