Hull-Daisetta at Deweyville Game Thread/Deweyville wins 51-26!

WOSgrad

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1285489" timestamp="1348888098"]
HD has been beat up tonight by DV's size. Lavalais out with ankle, Drake been out since horse collar in 1st half with knee, Chase Hill with a broke arm, and Huckabay and Redmond have both been shaken up.
[/quote]

I hope a speedy recovery to those injured tonight, but when you check the replay that tackle was no horse collar.

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1285875" timestamp="1348893893"]
Good game by the Pirates, Could have been A lot worse than the score shows.
By the way the horse collar Tackle was shown on the news and it was A clean Tackle NO HORSE COLLAR
GO PIRATES
      #10 IS THE MAN
[/quote]

I don't 100% agree with this. I think it could have been a heck of alot closer, or it could have been a larger margin of victory. Deweyville had 3 consecutive possessions with those onside kicks and scooped up a fumble and returned it for a TD. The Pirates executed and took advantage of those situations, but that put them up 22-0 before HD knew what hit them. Lavalais didn't get the ball until DV was up 22-0. He made a long run down to the DV 5 yard line, then sat on the sideline 1st-3rd down while DV forced a 20yd FG. You take that turnover for a TD away and DV doesn't get those onside kicks this game is a heck of alot closer on the scoreboard. With that being said, I don't know if HD could have stopped Deweyville's offense. Their offensive line was dominating and making huge holes and their QB/RB's ran hard. Deweyville did what they needed to do and won comfortably. I just think saying it could have been a lot worse may or may not be correct.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83