Magnolia West @ Montgomery Predictions

texasaggie

Mustangs come to Bear Stadium for Montgomery's Homecoming Game. The Bears look to avenge last year's upset loss. The Bear offense will be led by Seniors RB Dedrick Linton, WR Bodhi Bell, RB/WR Jimmy Dominick and Sophomores QB Josh Bolfing, RB Paul Allen, and WR Ken'Dre Howard. Defense is senior laden with S Herbert House, LB Alex Markos, and NG Jaylin Hemphill-Poplar. I think the game starts off close, but the Bears pull away in the second half by wearing down West with doses of Linton, Allen, and Dominick. The Defense will give up a couple big plays but will shut down most of the time.

Montgomery 35 Magnolia West 17

Giving Mag West 17 points is a little too generous. They are coming off a win against Willis but thats not saying much. Montgomery's offense and defense is starting to mesh and weed out the small mistakes that plagued them against Angleton and Dawson, I'd look for Montgomery to make a statement early and send a message to the rest of the district, they may be young but they are good, and believe me they remember the loss last year.

Montgomery 42
Mag. West    7

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1283882" timestamp="1348807469"]
i predict a Bear shut out! by what,??????????when they get tired of scoring.
[/quote]

It's possible.  MW's lone TD against us was on a punt return, so it's very possible.

I'm changing my prediction....

Montgomery  35
Magnolia West 7 (Not sure how they will score, but I think they get in the end zone somehow.)

*However MW played the Bears tough and won last year.

Well last year a lot of the players went to the Brenham-West game and watched Brenham thrash them then the next day Montgomery beat down Stratford and a handful of the more talented players got cocky and slacked off that week in practice. All of that combined with West knowing all our offensive and defensive plays because Coach Bell played under Bolfing and one of Montgomery's former defensive coaches had moved to West. With 2 new coordinators that shouldn't be a issue anymore, especially since we're aware that they audible off our calls now. Anyways, last year's loss helped Montgomery because it focused and disciplined them. Bolfing brought down the hammer after that game. It straightened out a team that was relying on talent alone to win games. This year's team doesn't have the bad attitudes. They know they don't have as much talent and they know they have to work for it. That's why I don't see a slip up this year.

[b]They know they don't have as much talent and they know they have to work for it. That's why I don't see a slip up this year.[/b]

This year's Montgomery team definately has just as much if not more talent than the team last year, they are just young, and without a doubt as a team they are much faster especially on offense, and as we all know speed kills especially slower teams like Mag West so that statement doesn't hold much weight. They overlooked Mag. West last year and lost because of this so I don't believe that will be an issue this year. They've grown up a lot this year after playing two top ranked teams in the state and last week they looked even better especially Josh throwing the ball and their sophomore runningback Paul Allen looked like a seasoned player running the ball. Montgomery will win by as much as they want to, and the fact that it's homecoming just ads to the fire.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fgzfdgvxv
    Newest Member
    fgzfdgvxv

• Final 1A top-10 list (From THSB): Final 1A Top 10 Rankings 1Ira (24-0) 2Fayetteville (18-5) 3Chester (24-11) 4Abbott (16-11-1) 5D’Hanis (21-7) 6Neches (19-13) 7Dodd City (16-7) 8Morton (15-7) 9Electra (19-5) 10Brookeland (16-3)     Chester and Brookeland making the list.  Pretty good showing for the 24-2A district.  Congratulations to the Yellowjackets of Chester and The Wildcats of Brookeland.
    • Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
  • Topics