Will Liberty win a game this year?

[quote name="LP2012" post="1282736" timestamp="1348696448"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=103520.msg1280986#msg1280986 date=1348515989]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103520.msg1280393#msg1280393 date=1348461747]
What a sad thread. Try and be more encouraging. These are not professionals, they are high school students.
[/quote]This is a sad thread.Its sad that the program that is run by adults cant do anything with these high school kids except themselves blame the kids.Change the AD,change the attitude.
[/quote]
Although I do believe that Deel will be leaving after this season, he is not the biggest problem with the Liberty program. The Panthers have improved every year, with the expception of this year. I do agree that the attitude of some seems to be a problem, but as an ex coach for liberty used to say... there are two things that can not be coached... effort and enthusiasm. A coach can teach technique and build discipline. The player have had decent technique over the the last few years, but discipline is one thing Liberty seemed to be struggling with, and overall that is the only problem that i have ever had with the way coach deel has ran his program. You cannot lay the blame on the coaches alone. Imo it the blame for Liberty's is rough season this year lies in both the players and coaches. From the few games I saw, I have not seen every Liberty game this year, there are [b]SOME[/b] players who do not seem to be giving everything they have on Friday nights. of course i do not know the whole story those players could be playing through injuries or something like that i do not know, but that is the way it looked in the stands. Texas Minuteman when  has the coaches blamed the kids? Not calling you out but that is the first time I have heard that.
[/quote] Its hearsay!! Ive heard it from friends and parents of some of the players. But I dont believe that they all would say the same thing if it were not true.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1282881" timestamp="1348710711"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=103520.msg1282736#msg1282736 date=1348696448]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=103520.msg1280986#msg1280986 date=1348515989]
What a sad thread. Try and be more encouraging. These are not professionals, they are high school students.
[/quote]This is a sad thread.Its sad that the program that is run by adults cant do anything with these high school kids except themselves blame the kids.Change the AD,change the attitude.
[/quote]
Although I do believe that Deel will be leaving after this season, he is not the biggest problem with the Liberty program. The Panthers have improved every year, with the expception of this year. I do agree that the attitude of some seems to be a problem, but as an ex coach for liberty used to say... there are two things that can not be coached... effort and enthusiasm. A coach can teach technique and build discipline. The player have had decent technique over the the last few years, but discipline is one thing Liberty seemed to be struggling with, and overall that is the only problem that i have ever had with the way coach deel has ran his program. You cannot lay the blame on the coaches alone. Imo it the blame for Liberty's is rough season this year lies in both the players and coaches. From the few games I saw, I have not seen every Liberty game this year, there are [b]SOME[/b] players who do not seem to be giving everything they have on Friday nights. of course i do not know the whole story those players could be playing through injuries or something like that i do not know, but that is the way it looked in the stands. Texas Minuteman when  has the coaches blamed the kids? Not calling you out but that is the first time I have heard that.
[/quote] Its hearsay!! Ive heard it from friends and parents of some of the players. But I dont believe that they all would say the same thing if it were not true.
[/quote]
Im assuming you are from Liberty, as am I, and we shold both know to take everyything you hear with a grain of salt... small town rumors are not the most reliable source of information. Now I do not know if they said it, but I highly doubt it is true based on what I know about the coaches at Liberty.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="LP2012" post="1283231" timestamp="1348764195"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=103520.msg1282881#msg1282881 date=1348710711]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Im assuming you are from Liberty, as am I, and we shold both know to take everyything you hear with a grain of salt... small town rumors are not the most reliable source of information. Now I do not know if they said it, but I highly doubt it is true based on what I know about the coaches at Liberty.
[/quote]

If you want to hear it first hand, just visit some of the LP players twitter accounts.  They're pretty open about their dislike for Deel.  It's pretty disturbing to tell you the truth.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1283237" timestamp="1348764497"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=103520.msg1283231#msg1283231 date=1348764195]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=103520.msg1282881#msg1282881 date=1348710711]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

If you want to hear it first hand, just visit some of the LP players twitter accounts.  They're pretty open about their dislike for Deel.  It's pretty disturbing to tell you the truth.
[/quote]
No doubt that some do not like him, but i was talking about him blaming the players for the losses. I have heard nothing of this.

[quote name="LP2012" post="1283231" timestamp="1348764195"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Im not from Liberty and have never been,but I do have relationships with people there including a couple of coaches there(who doesnt blame kids)and some former coaches that wouldnt either.

Injuries have played a major part in the win/loss situation at Liberty.  Without the injuries, maybe they would have been more competitive with Liberty and Newton however playing teams that are relatively more talented in pre-district is the right apporach if you want to become better as a whole.  It's a fact that it is difficult to win with your best on the sideline and forcing underclassmen to go up against experienced and more grown upper classmen.  Imo Liberty has shown heart and never let up.  Standish will be a top qb in this district before its all said and done.  With heath an issue, I dont see a lot of wins for Liberty however if they get healthy Liberty has the skill to run with the big dogs.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1279352" timestamp="1348356525"]
[quote author=truth_hurts link=topic=103520.msg1279320#msg1279320 date=1348354208]
We will still beat Tarkington.  Hopefully we can squeak by Splendora without Mosley and Jones.  Let them rest until after Huffman because of the bye the following week.  We aren't beating Huffman anyways.  Then take care of business against Cleveland, which will be tough, and we can possibly squeak into the 3rd spot.
[/quote]
You are way off if you think Liberty gest an automatic "W" against Tarkington. [b]Splendora and Cleveland are out of the question[/b]. Liberty will likely have to beat Shepherd to avoid 0-10. Tarkington is at least as good as HF. The QB, RB, and WR for Tarkington are outstanding, especially the QB.
[/quote]

SMH, see where hating gets you..

Finally this dumb a thread can cease.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami