If I was Lamar's new president

UNLV

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="UNLV" post="1280247" timestamp="1348449242"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103325.msg1280221#msg1280221 date=1348447490]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=103325.msg1280183#msg1280183 date=1348443499]
What many here don't understand is If Lamar expands the stadium to 30,000, then play a BIG XII school, 30,000 fans will show up. 40,000 stadium, then 40,000 fans. 50,000, then 50,000. I doubt the rule holds much higher than 50,000 for an area of this size.However the mentality is "16,000 is more than enough. Lamar is a small school in a small town, just like SFA and SHSU."
[/quote]

On what basis do you base your statement 30K/30K, 40K/40K and 50K/50k?  Is this just your statement or are there some imperical data to support the statement?
[/quote]It is my opinion. Areas with smaller populations can, so can we.
[/quote]

Thank you. 8)

[quote name="UNLV" post="1280183" timestamp="1348443499"]However the mentality is "16,000 is more than enough. Lamar is a small school in a small town, just like SFA and SHSU."
[/quote]

It sure is funny how you have such a grasp on the "mindset" and "mentality" of SE Texas.  Quite the McCarthyism attitude--if no one agrees with you then it's their short-sided, typical SE TX upbringing keeping them from seeing the light.  Here's a brief history of what aggravates you:

No one jumped when you said Lamar needs to join the WAC
--[everyone, including myself, is frustrated by the slow movement for Lamar joining the WAC]

No one cared that you later said Lamar would likely be getting an invite from the Sun Belt:
--[SHSU, Lamar, and maybe SFA, one of these schools will get the call from the Sunbelt. Very soon]

Now no one listens when you state that Lamar must accept some MWC bid that only you seem to know is coming.  And because no one listens you pass it off as the SE TX mentality.  If "SE TX mentality" means having all the facts and figures first rather than adapting a shoot first, ask questions later attitude, then I guess you're right. 

[quote name="oldbuc77" post="1280275" timestamp="1348450455"]
Purely antecdotal, but once again based on my experience at Tech:

Of the current big 12 schools, Texas and Oklahoma would be most likely top out the stadium. At least that was the case in Lubbock. Texas for sure, and Oklahoma a really good chance.

None of the other schools travel all that well. Baylor and TCU would probably pull some fans, but neither travel well enough to top off a half or even 3/4 full stadium at 30K, much less 40 or 50. The Kansas schools, Iowa State, and OK State don't travel that well even when it is a conference foe. Forget West Virginia, way too far away.

Throw Texas A&M and LSU from the SEC in with Texas and Oklahoma and forget the rest of the Big 12 and you might pull it off. Might get severely abused on the field, but you would make a bunch of money whether you played them at home or at their place.
[/quote]Did you see the crowd at Baylor vs Monroe game?  Did you notice the huge number of Baylor fans. I am sure a respectable number of Baylor fans in Waco and Houston would travel to Beaumont to see a Baylor /Lamar game.

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="1280350" timestamp="1348456890"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=103325.msg1280183#msg1280183 date=1348443499]However the mentality is "16,000 is more than enough. Lamar is a small school in a small town, just like SFA and SHSU."
[/quote]

It sure is funny how you have such a grasp on the "mindset" and "mentality" of SE Texas.  Quite the McCarthyism attitude--if no one agrees with you then it's their short-sided, typical SE TX upbringing keeping them from seeing the light.  Here's a brief history of what aggravates you:

--[everyone, including myself, is frustrated by the slow movement for Lamar joining the WAC]

No one cared that you later said Lamar would likely be getting an invite from the Sun Belt:
--[SHSU, Lamar, and maybe SFA, one of these schools will get the call from the Sunbelt. Very soon]

Now no one listens when you state that Lamar must accept some MWC bid that only you seem to know is coming.  And because no one listens you pass it off as the SE TX mentality.  If "SE TX mentality" means having all the facts and figures first rather than adapting a shoot first, ask questions later attitude, then I guess you're right.
[/quote]Do you remember how you and many here dismissed me when I first suggested Lamar could go to the WAC?  It came very close to happening. Once again, I say Lamar will have a very good high high high chance to go SBC or MWC before May. Go ahead by dismissing it away. Give the quiet majority a smirk.

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="1280350" timestamp="1348456890"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=103325.msg1280183#msg1280183 date=1348443499]However the mentality is "16,000 is more than enough. Lamar is a small school in a small town, just like SFA and SHSU."
[/quote]

[/quote]

aw yes..UNLV and his "WAC-attack" nonsense...

[quote name="UNLV" post="1280612" timestamp="1348501458"]It came very close to happening.[/quote]

LOL.  Says WHO?  Your inner self?  Saying something over and over doesn't make it a fact, and certainly doesn't make it happen.  I don't recall hearing anything about how LU will be joining the WAC from the LU public relations office, or from the WAC office.  Furthermore, no media reports ever cited either source, and that is likely due to their source being internet message boards.  The only group stating it was about to happen was a small faction on this message board.  Everything else was hearsay started by some random internet posters who were excited about starting their own thread. 

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="1280872" timestamp="1348511645"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=103325.msg1280612#msg1280612 date=1348501458]It came very close to happening.[/quote]

LOL.  Says WHO?  Your inner self?  Saying something over and over doesn't make it a fact, and certainly doesn't make it happen.  I don't recall hearing anything about how LU will be joining the WAC from the LU public relations office, or from the WAC office.  Furthermore, no media reports ever cited either source, and that is likely due to their source being internet message boards.  The only group stating it was about to happen was a small faction on this message board.  Everything else was hearsay started by some random internet posters who were excited about starting their own thread.
[/quote]The media did mention it. Look through the threads and you will find it. I think it was FOX KBTV.

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="1281255" timestamp="1348537391"]
Oh yeah, I remember that one.  I believe it was a female reporter mentioning something about the WAC during a four-minute story.  I think she had one line about it.  Man, I forgot how close we were to joining the WAC there.
[/quote]Exactly as I thought, just dismiss it away. The WAC was to hold off on the invite to Lamar until a western team was found to balance.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1281539" timestamp="1348583347"]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=103325.msg1281410#msg1281410 date=1348548806]
October is "LU to the Big 12" month. Stay tuned folks.
[/quote]Seeeeeeee, once again thinking small. I was think Lamar to the SEC.
[/quote]

I thought that was November.

[quote name="wbfan" post="1281862" timestamp="1348600240"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=103325.msg1281539#msg1281539 date=1348583347]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=103325.msg1281410#msg1281410 date=1348548806]
October is "LU to the Big 12" month. Stay tuned folks.
[/quote]Seeeeeeee, once again thinking small. I was think Lamar to the SEC.
[/quote]

I thought that was November.
[/quote]November is the NFL invite. Lamar could join the AFC central.,

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn