WOS Best Bet To Represent 3A In State

Kville_Kats

[quote name="CSN" post="1274858" timestamp="1347939360"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=103247.msg1274855#msg1274855 date=1347939116]
[quote author=CSN link=topic=103247.msg1274701#msg1274701 date=1347927025]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=103247.msg1273527#msg1273527 date=1347800199]
This region alone in Division II is too full of powers (Coldspring, La Marque, Jasper, La Vega, maybe Navasota, etc) to place money on one school.  There is optimism in Orange, but even that is cautious.
[/quote]

I havent been able to keep up with WOS this year due to our own schedule and travel. What is the difference between the WOS we played last year in the playoffs and this years team? Did most of the players from last year team return, because they were solid last year. I do agree which ever team makes it out of DII will have a good shot at a tittle, the playoffs should be unbelievable.
[/quote]

We lost the RB Lindsey and a few others..most of the team is back in tact along with some very talented sophomores. Our running game may not quite be as good (but it is close). Our defense is probably better with experience.
[/quote]

Thanks for the response best of luck in district and hopefully we see each other in the play offs
[/quote]

Good luck also. Ya'll will be OK.

Stephenville goes big school.
Carthage goes big school.
Brownwood is in the middle of their district size wise.  Could go either way depending on who makes the playoffs.
Navasota is 2nd biggest behind Taylor.
Giddings is 2nd biggest behind Gonzales.
Waco La Vega goes big school.
La Marque is in the middle, but should go Div II.

Removes a few schools from Div II contention, but some others may be gone also.  Have to see how things shake out.

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1274860" timestamp="1347939439"]
I personally would love to see the Navasota offense vs the WOS defense at some point in the playoffs. That alone would be worth the price of admission.....
[/quote]

No offense but WOS does not want to see Navasotas offense right now let only there D, WOS needs to beat a legit team before they start talking about Navasota, LaMarque or CS because every team they have beaten werent very good. We went through this last year with WOS they have a very optimistic fan base thats why the game is played on the field not the internet. If i am wrong please tell me who WOS has played to prepare them for Navasota, LaMarque or CS?

Guest dawg4life
hey xLmCoog88 if u can fill me in on such drastic drop in enrollment u cougars had in just one year!?!?!?! from almost a thousand students (996 to be exact ) in 2011 to like 746 and most likely a div II team come playoff time.  and lol and as muc h respect i have for wos u cats with the big roar
of a program speaks for itself and it being at the higher levels.
lol hey kyvlle cats.............i live a fews miles from the dawg  house and when i got home the other night my wife asked "was that alot of thunder i heard all night.........i assured it wasnt just the DAWGS beating them kitty cats like a drum!!

[quote name="CSN" post="1274892" timestamp="1347943134"]
[quote author=Monkeynuts link=topic=103247.msg1274860#msg1274860 date=1347939439]
I personally would love to see the Navasota offense vs the WOS defense at some point in the playoffs. That alone would be worth the price of admission.....
[/quote]

No offense but WOS does not want to see Navasotas offense right now let only there D, WOS needs to beat a legit team before they start talking about Navasota, LaMarque or CS because every team they have beaten werent very good. We went through this last year with WOS they have a very optimistic fan base thats why the game is played on the field not the internet. [b]If i am wrong please tell me who WOS has played to prepare them for Navasota, LaMarque or CS?[/b]
[/quote]  :-X

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1274896" timestamp="1347943614"]
[quote author=CSN link=topic=103247.msg1274892#msg1274892 date=1347943134]
[quote author=Monkeynuts link=topic=103247.msg1274860#msg1274860 date=1347939439]
[/quote]

No offense but WOS does not want to see Navasotas offense right now let only there D, WOS needs to beat a legit team before they start talking about Navasota, LaMarque or CS because every team they have beaten werent very good. We went through this last year with WOS they have a very optimistic fan base thats why the game is played on the field not the internet. [b]If i am wrong please tell me who WOS has played to prepare them for Navasota, LaMarque or CS?[/b]
[/quote]

sorry I dont no what  :-X means

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1274903" timestamp="1347945081"]
I'm not a big WOS fan just a fan of good playoff matchups. I seen WOS play in Conroe many times deep in the playoffs and they always field good teams. Navasota is loaded this year and seems like a logical matchup I would like to see. WOS will have to earn it to get there......
[/quote]

Agree WOS has a long tradition of winning and has a good chance, Its just going to be a very tough playoff scenairo for every team in D II.

With all the great teams in region 3 going D2 I don't see how you could pick a favorate.The AP has had two # 1 and both have lost.Until a team gets to # 1 that has a weak schedule I look for some more going down.Anyway,who ever makes it to state is going to earn it that's for sure.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="CSN" post="1274900" timestamp="1347944066"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103247.msg1274896#msg1274896 date=1347943614]
[quote author=CSN link=topic=103247.msg1274892#msg1274892 date=1347943134]
[/quote]

[/quote]

sorry I dont no what  :-X means
[/quote]

Means he isn't wasting his time or comments on your inane post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• To clarify, Dems love wars. They rage daily in the bluest of blue inner citicis. Chicago had 39 shootings over the weekend, 9 dead. Warzone. Baltimore, Memphis, Detroit, etc. I am sure was just as bloody. The blue body count rises daily. I am sure the blue defunding of police and releasing murders without any bail have nothing to do with it. Right?   
    • Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
  • Topics