All the Nederland fans......

ATWILDCAT

Just now able to post my observations on the game yesterday. You guys have one heck of a football team over there. Big and strong kids. Gave us all we wanted. We needed a game like that after the BWood game. So many turnovers on your side and all those dang penalties on us and still went down to the wire.The Bulldog secondary pretty much put the clamps on our passing game and Coach Roark adjusted some after the half and pounded the rock just enough to get some scores and pull it out. Hats off to the Nederland HC to go for the win after closing 32-31 instead of the tie. Our defense made the big play there.
And what about that rain! That stuff was coming down sideways. :o Glad it slowed up some to play the second half. Anyways good luck the rest of the year and hope to see the Dogs in the playoffs.

Also hope the injured players get healthy. We had our best DB, which is also our fastest kid, get injured and only played the first half. I think he has bruised ribs. He'll be sore the next couple of days , but he'll be fine. Was a very physical game.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1273405" timestamp="1347768047"]
Just now able to post my observations on the game yesterday. You guys have one heck of a football team over there. Big and strong kids. Gave us all we wanted. We needed a game like that after the BWood game. So many turnovers on your side and all those dang penalties on us and still went down to the wire.The[b] Bulldog secondary pretty much put the clamps on our passing game[/b] and Coach Roark adjusted some after the half and pounded the rock just enough to get some scores and pull it out. Hats off to the Nederland HC to go for the win after closing 32-31 instead of the tie. Our defense made the big play there.
And what about that rain! That stuff was coming down sideways. :o Glad it slowed up some to play the second half. Anyways good luck the rest of the year and hope to see the Dogs in the playoffs.

Also hope the injured players get healthy. We had our best DB, which is also our fastest kid, get injured and only played the first half. I think he has bruised ribs. He'll be sore the next couple of days , but he'll be fine. Was a very physical game.
[/quote]
I was afraid about #9 all night. He could be VERY dangerous if y'all can get him the ball. I know y'all tried a few times early, but the Ned DBs made great plays. He's probably 6'3", fast, and a big frame on him. He is a great weapon to have for sure.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1273583" timestamp="1347807847"]
[quote author=ATWILDCAT link=topic=103241.msg1273405#msg1273405 date=1347768047]
Just now able to post my observations on the game yesterday. You guys have one heck of a football team over there. Big and strong kids. Gave us all we wanted. We needed a game like that after the BWood game. So many turnovers on your side and all those dang penalties on us and still went down to the wire.The[b] Bulldog secondary pretty much put the clamps on our passing game[/b] and Coach Roark adjusted some after the half and pounded the rock just enough to get some scores and pull it out. Hats off to the Nederland HC to go for the win after closing 32-31 instead of the tie. Our defense made the big play there.

[/quote]
I was afraid about #9 all night. He could be VERY dangerous if y'all can get him the ball. I know y'all tried a few times early, but the Ned DBs made great plays. He's probably 6'3", fast, and a big frame on him. He is a great weapon to have for sure.
[/quote]

Yeah, #9 Jalyn Judkins had a huge game against BWood last week with almost 200 yards recieving and 3 TD's, but we couldn't get him going. The passing game just wasn't clicking for QB Austin. The Bulldog defense had alot to do with that and the weather didn't help.  He did have a long reception that got us inside the 5, but was called back for a holding penalty. Penalties killed us all night. Had that long 90 yard TD run by Richard Cooper called back because of a hold also. Oh well.

It was an interesting game that could have been better with less penalties and turnovers. Both team fought hard and the better team won. I think the game will help both teams down the road from the experience of playing against a team with size and speed. The offensive line for Angleton is large and good feet but got caught holding. Nederland got to see team speed to not one or two players but team speed. The DOGS will bounce back and like always prepare for the next challenge and be ready to play those knarly old Pirates.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics