Montgomery vs Angleton

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1251875" timestamp="1346012424"]
How is Montgomery supposed to be this year?  Anyone heard anything about their running back playing this year?  I heard he was suspended for disciplinary reasons.
[/quote]

From what the Montgomery posters have said, they are rebuilding and feeling growing pains, like the rest of the district.  I have them finishing second in 18-4A.

Angleton      38
Montgomery 17

The Angleton offense looked in midseason form last Friday scoring 7 times against a Sweeny defense that was supposed to be their strength this year. Wish we could have scrimmaged a 4A-5A school, but Sweeny is no slouch in 3A as they are always going 2-3 rounds deep in the playoffs almost every year. Defense gave up 3 big plays all night but other than that, they were a brick wall. Still I'm looking for a great game between these 2 schools and I will get my 1st chance to go to Bear stadium. Being a Angleton homer, I'll go 35-10 Angleton. :)

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1253275" timestamp="1346176701"]
Angleton-49 Montgomery-6  Leading the Montgomery offense this game (probably the season) will be their returning kicker Will Fox and he will be busy........
[/quote]

Will is no longer playing football. He is focusing on baseball since he is committed to TCU for baseball. He also would have been starting at WR.

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1253381" timestamp="1346185643"]
Dang that hurts Fox was a good kicker- well the new kicker will be busy....also I agree Fox is a real good baseball player.
[/quote]

Things just keep getting worse and worse for us, huh?  We have one of our best players out for the season and fighting for his life, and y'all won't have Fox.

I really don't think it will be that big blowout you all have been predicting. Montgomery has been a pretty good program for a few years now and have a very good coach. Once you get a program on the winning path, the down years shouldn't be so bad. Plus it's a home game and we've never played at Bear Stadium. I believe it has natural grass turf right? Angleton hasn't played on many grass turfs in the past couple of years and may cause some problems, even though they did beat Friendswood pretty bad at Robertson stadium last season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476