Best Post Player in The Area

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colton Weisbrod from Nederland and Dorian Chapman from PAM. Weisbrod is an undersized post at 6'5", but makes it up with his physicality and aggressive play. He can score at will. Chapman is more of a traditional post player who is long. He's a great shot blocker, and his length is a nightmare for smaller teams.

I look at some things differently and not so much from a present point of view. All the guys you mentioned  WILL NOT be post players after high school. So, now its a question of conflict between doing whats best for your team and/or doing whats best "for me" if I want to play at the next level? So to keep within the subject content, who are the best post players in this area now and what can they do to prepare for the future in basketball as a non-post player?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1251571" timestamp="1345983760"]
I look at some things differently and not so much from a present point of view. All the guys you mentioned  WILL NOT be post players after high school. So, now its a question of conflict between doing whats best for your team and/or doing whats best "for me" if I want to play at the next level? So to keep within the subject content, who are the best post players in this area now and what can they do to prepare for the future in basketball as a non-post player?
[/quote]
But that's not the topic BD3. I doubt if ANY local kids will play post at the next level. So, back on topic  ::) who else you got who is not on this list?

Weisbrod, Chapman, and Edwards play the post position for their respective teams. But I have never seen Zeno play the post any time that I have watched West Brook play. He is always on the wing or up top of the circle.

Now, in order to help the team out and help West Brook be successful, Zeno should be on the low block more.

Other local good post players:

Smith of PNG
Carr of Legacy
Page of WO-S
Dobbins of Silsbee
Reed of Silsbee
Wildridge of Central
Livingston post player (sorry, don't have his name)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1251599" timestamp="1345988873"]
Weisbrod, Chapman, and Edwards play the post position for their respective teams. But I have never seen Zeno play the post any time that I have watched West Brook play. He is always on the wing or up top of the circle.

Now, in order to help the team out and help West Brook be successful, Zeno should be on the low block more.

Smith of PNG
Carr of Legacy
Page of WO-S
Dobbins of Silsbee
Reed of Silsbee
Wildridge of Central
[/quote] Colton didn't really play in the post for us this summer and that's why I didn't list him. Because he to me is probably the best player around here. Also when you listed page from West Orange I'm assuming you meant Laqarious? He is not a post.

[quote name="IhoopAllDay" post="1251723" timestamp="1346000715"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=102086.msg1251599#msg1251599 date=1345988873]

Smith of PNG
Carr of Legacy
Page of WO-S
Dobbins of Silsbee
Reed of Silsbee
Wildridge of Central
[/quote] Colton didn't really play in the post for us this summer and that's why I didn't list him. Because he to me is probably the best player around here. Also when you listed page from West Orange I'm assuming you meant Laqarious? He is not a post.
[/quote]
Undersatnd, but that's what he plays at Nederland. He didn't play post for MC Flight either bc there was a 6'8" kid from Katy playing post. He will play post until he goes to the next level where he will play more of a power forward.

POWER FORWARD? Basketball is changing. You have point forwards who are 6'8" now. They create and shoot off the dribble now. Which is why the kid Zeno is trying to come into his own as a guard.. He knows he wont be a post in the future. So, I guess we are still on topic since you brought me back there.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1251767" timestamp="1346004640"]
POWER FORWARD? Basketball is changing. You have point forwards who are 6'8" now. They create and shoot off the dribble now. Which is why the kid Zeno is trying to come into his own as a guard.. He knows he wont be a post in the future. So, I guess we are still on topic since you brought me back there.
[/quote]
shouldn't you be at fall brook

[/quote]Mike did play a lot on the wing this summer. He has been training his handles and by our senior year could be the best flex player in setx

POWER FORWARD? Basketball is changing. You have point forwards who are 6'8" now. They create and shoot off the dribble now. Which is why the kid Zeno is trying to come into his own as a guard.. He knows he wont be a post in the future. [b]So, I guess we are still on topic since you brought me back there.[/b]
[/quote]
Lol!  ;D

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1251887" timestamp="1346013104"]
Abe, you seem to be in the know when it comes to Ned BB. When the team has all their players, who will the starting 5 be in your opinion? Thanks
[/quote]
Starting 4 from last year:

English
Weisbrod
Lormier
Rogers

The 5th starter will probably be Kirby Hanley, but may be a bigger player of we are playing a 'big' team.

[/quote]
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Point Forward? As far as Weisbrod, I don't see him as a 2 guard or 'wing man' in college. I used the term power forward, bc he is strong and physical. Was Charles Barkley not a power forward for 20 years at 6'4"? If you want to call him a 'point forward', fine. He is a skilled kid, and he will only be a Junior this year. Who knows what he will be in 2 years.

[quote name="Pumper" post="1251972" timestamp="1346021138"]
Weisbrod is one of the better players in the area, but I'm not sold on him having much of a college future.  He may be a classic tweener.  Very good HS player, but where to you play him in college?
[/quote]
Good question. At 6'5" he won't play post, and he may be too small to play forward, but that depends on where he goes. He has above average ball handling skills and a decent outside shot. He COULD develop into a '3' possibly? I don't know. I'm not going to pretend like I know what it takes to play college basketball!  ;D

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1251976" timestamp="1346022433"]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=102086.msg1251972#msg1251972 date=1346021138]
Weisbrod is one of the better players in the area, but I'm not sold on him having much of a college future.  He may be a classic tweener.  Very good HS player, but where to you play him in college?
[/quote]
Good question. At 6'5" he won't play post, and he may be too small to play forward, but that depends on where he goes. He has above average ball handling skills and a decent outside shot. He COULD develop into a '3' possibly? I don't know. I'm not going to pretend like I know what it takes to play college basketball!  ;D
[/quote]Colton's not 6'5

[quote name="jabu84" post="1251799" timestamp="1346006781"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1251767#msg1251767 date=1346004640]
[/quote]
shouldn't you be at fall brook
[/quote]LOL! I'm back!!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1251895" timestamp="1346013722"]
[quote author=85' HUSKER link=topic=102086.msg1251887#msg1251887 date=1346013104]
Abe, you seem to be in the know when it comes to Ned BB. When the team has all their players, who will the starting 5 be in your opinion? Thanks
[/quote]

English
Weisbrod
Lormier
Rogers

The 5th starter will probably be Kirby Hanley, but may be a bigger player of we are playing a 'big' team.
[/quote]Abe, I saw Rogers in the mall this week (working). I told him Nederland would not win district. He said 'yes sir!"

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1251932" timestamp="1346018252"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1251767#msg1251767 date=1346004640]
[/quote]
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Point Forward? As far as Weisbrod, I don't see him as a 2 guard or 'wing man' in college. I used the term power forward, bc he is strong and physical. Was Charles Barkley not a power forward for 20 years at 6'4"? If you want to call him a 'point forward', fine. He is a skilled kid, and he will only be a Junior this year. Who knows what he will be in 2 years.
[/quote] A power forward who can run a fast break or break down a player from the wing..LeBron would be a good example

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1252176" timestamp="1346034832"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=102086.msg1251895#msg1251895 date=1346013722]
[quote author=85' HUSKER link=topic=102086.msg1251887#msg1251887 date=1346013104]
[/quote]

English
Weisbrod
Lormier
Rogers

[/quote]Abe, I saw Rogers in the mall this week (working). I told him Nederland would not win district. He said 'yes sir!"
[/quote]He's a good kid who is very respectful. He's not a kid who goes  around talkin' noise. He leaves that up to 5-on-5 and me!  ;D

[quote name="IhoopAllDay" post="1252134" timestamp="1346033239"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=102086.msg1251976#msg1251976 date=1346022433]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=102086.msg1251972#msg1251972 date=1346021138]
[/quote]
Good question. At 6'5" he won't play post, and he may be too small to
play forward, but that depends on where he goes. He has above average ball handling skills and a decent outside shot. He COULD develop into a '3' possibly? I don't know. I'm not going to pretend like I know what it takes to play college basketball!  ;D
[/quote]Colton's not 6'5
[/quote]I don't know his exact height, but I know the kid can play. His role at Nederland is to play post, and he will do whatever is needed to help Big Ned win. As I mentioned, he can handle the ball well, and he can create from a guard position or post. The kid knows how to finish in whichever role he needs to. Maybe he won't be a power forward in college, but he will do well at the '3' position. Either way, his future looks bright.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83