Jeff Mathews 4A Coach of the Year...

alright Jeff, last year you deserved that award. There was plenty of talk about who was the best coach in the area; I kept my mouth shut because I know how far you've taken our Pirates and didn't want to be droned out by fans whose coaches inherited a good program. I know you read this board. I believe the Pirates have the team to go very far, futher than last season. [b][size=18pt][/size][/b]THIS YEAR, YOU HAVE TO EARN IT. SO, YOU AND THE REST OF THE PIRATE STAFF WORK YOUR BUTTS OFF AND EARN THIS!!!!

Mathews is changing the culture and expectations in Vidor. I knew Coach Mathews from when my son played and had the pleasure of meeting him a few times at some of the 7 on 7 events and he is a great guy who really enjoys the kids.  I know it's early, but Vidor has probably become the front runner to win district at this moment, they still have to beat the Mid-County teams to get there but, they have the schedule to do it this year. They have to travel to Beaumont twice but have key games with Nederland, PNG and Livingston at home, this could be the year Vidor takes center stage and if it happens I'll be happy for Vidor and Coach Mathews, I'm still hoping they finish 2nd behind Nederland, but right now it looks like the district title goes through VIDOR.

[quote name="football04" post="1250019" timestamp="1345820362"]
Mathews is changing the culture and expectations in Vidor. I knew Coach Mathews from when my son played and had the pleasure of meeting him a few times at some of the 7 on 7 events and he is a great guy who really enjoys the kids.  I know it's early, but Vidor has probably become the front runner to win district at this moment, they still have to beat the Mid-County teams to get there but, they have the schedule to do it this year. They have to travel to Beaumont twice but have key games with Nederland, PNG and Livingston at home, this could be the year Vidor takes center stage and if it happens I'll be happy for Vidor and Coach Mathews, I'm still hoping they finish 2nd behind Nederland, but right now it looks like the district title goes through VIDOR.
[/quote]

I totally agree. Just wanted to call Jeff out...make him WORK!! Jeff knows me well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83