Huntington/Kirbyville Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="txcan" post="1249729" timestamp="1345775656"]
From what I understand Huntington wasn't moving the ball well at first but got things going during live play.

A scrimmage is a scrimmage but I feel like Huntington got good work out of it from what I hear.
[/quote] I agree. Good luck on Huntington on a fine season.

I was at the game and follow the team close so I can tell you this for a fact.  Kirbyville defense looked great during the scrimmage. During the live play, where everyone felt the cats fell apart and Huntington  got the momentum. Kirbyville had 3, 4 or more freshman and sophomores on the field and they did a pretty good job. Kirbyville always pulls all of the talent off of Jv. They had sexton at safety part of the time but for the most part it was what a scrimage is suppossed to be. So don't read a lot into it either way.

[quote name="Javelina" post="1249952" timestamp="1345815722"]
So Kirbyville mainly played freshman and sophomores during the live play? So that's why it was so close
[/quote]

They played a lot of starters on offense although that lefty QB got a lot of playing time. I guess they were feeling out defensive players. Not knocking Huntington. They look better than in the past and I can't say they had their beat in all the time either. They may have been doing the same.

[quote name="kville68" post="1249977" timestamp="1345817458"]
[quote author=Javelina link=topic=101945.msg1249952#msg1249952 date=1345815722]
So Kirbyville mainly played freshman and sophomores during the live play? So that's why it was so close
[/quote]

They played a lot of starters on offense although that lefty QB got a lot of playing time. I guess they were feeling out defensive players. Not knocking Huntington. They look better than in the past and I can't say they had their beat in all the time either. They may have been doing the same.
[/quote]

From my understanding Huntington actually has 4-6 sophmores that actually start on offense and defense for them but dont quote me on that.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1250130" timestamp="1345828119"]
[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=101945.msg1249995#msg1249995 date=1345818686]
I hear depth is a big problem for kirbyville
[/quote] No, young players
[/quote]

It depends on what position(s) your talking about. Backfield is always stacked. Linebacker may be not so much.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83