Looking for someone that could help Condition his arm for Off Season

My son is not playing fall ball this year and is taking break to rest his arm, hes had some issues with his elbow and I want to find someone or some program he can do in the Off Season for pitching hes 12 and will be 13. PLease if anyone knows of anything message me! Thanks

[quote name="sassy75" post="1248598" timestamp="1345646373"]
My son is not playing fall ball this year and is taking break to rest his arm, hes had some issues with his elbow and I want to find someone or some program he can do in the Off Season for pitching hes 12 and will be 13. PLease if anyone knows of anything message me! Thanks
[/quote]

Though I'm not a Dr, so take it with a grain of salt, I would not let him
Throw a baseball for 6 months.

Rest is the best Therapy.

JMO

[quote name="sassy75" post="1248598" timestamp="1345646373"]
[/quote]

Check out this web site of an orthopedic MD out of Houston. http://safethrow.com/

[quote name="JWB" post="1248823" timestamp="1345668649"]
12...and already having elbow problems???thats not good...better lay off them curve balls...
[/quote]

My son does not throw curve balls they are forbidden at my house! ITs a combination of him using poor mechanics and throwing hard puts alot of stress on the elbow!

Guest Go4BB1194
[quote name="sassy75" post="1248874" timestamp="1345672798"]
[quote author=JWB link=topic=101897.msg1248823#msg1248823 date=1345668649]
12...and already having elbow problems???thats not good...better lay off them curve balls...
[/quote]

My son does not throw curve balls they are forbidden at my house! ITs a combination of him using poor mechanics and throwing hard puts alot of stress on the elbow!
[/quote]
I would recommend talking with sam moore @ zone baseball, he has done an awesome job training pitchers. To get this young man his mechanics finely tuned

[quote name="sassy75" post="1248874" timestamp="1345672798"]
[quote author=JWB link=topic=101897.msg1248823#msg1248823 date=1345668649]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Just stay on course with rest and dont listen to the critics.  Fatigue is the primary cause of most injuries in young players, throwing curve balls was not proven to be the cause of most injuries from the LL study.  Agreed, work on other off speed pitches and placement of fastball, he will have plenty of time to develop a curveball later.  When he is ready to throw again, its probably a good idea to have someone look at his mechanics and instruct on the proper warm up procedure. It's worth the $$$.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83