4A DCTF Rankings & Coaches Poll

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1232769" timestamp="1340656047"]
All I know is since 03 dayton has won more playoff games than brenham. Yet every year brenham is always looked at as the team to beat. Im not saying brenham doesnt have a good program im just saying it is way overrated.
[/quote]

I'm waiting for us to finally get a state title, just like I'm sure you are for your Broncos.  You don't get awards for most playoff wins since 03'.  It's about winning state, which both teams lack that trophy.

A big reason why we get so much hype is cuz of the D1 talent we produce.  That's one major thing the media looks for.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1232772" timestamp="1340657242"]
How come brenham has all that d1 talent and no titles. Brenham must get outcoached alot.
[/quote]

Not sure, but I know we have the same amount of titles Dayton does.  We're not out coached too often.  West is usually on top of his game.  After all, he learned from the best, in legendary coach Gordon Wood.

That state title is nice to win but it's the thrill ride watching the team I love trying to get it w/16-18 yr.old kiddos.I'm so ready for some FB and of course windbreaker/hoodie weather.Good luck to every teams dream,that's why we play da game.Bet there won't be anymore un-manned golf carts @Jerry World & that's all I'm betting on right now ;) 8) ::) ;D

Tell you what since neither Dayton or Brenham will be getting to state anytime soon I'll talk to some folks to see if you each of you can hold one of ours for the year ;) ;D You have to promise that they will not get Green and Purple all over them though 8)

[quote name="liltex" post="1232833" timestamp="1340715491"]
Manvel did have a great team,esp.the defense.Vs.Dayt the O turned da ball over like 4 times in great field position & we couldn't take advantage of the miscues.
[/quote]yeah dayton was a very young team last year and had some serious injury issues. I think this year it will pay off and our o line should be huge and let dayton run the ball with more consistency.

Hell with Manvel and Lamarque out of the equation I can see the second and third round alittle more acheiveable for our two districts. Should make for an interesting year, manvel was a loaded team no doubt, be interesting to see how they do at 5-A level and how lamarque does at 3A level. Come on football season!

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1232835" timestamp="1340715863"]
Tell you what since neither Dayton or Brenham will be getting to state anytime soon I'll talk to some folks to see if you each of you can hold one of ours for the year ;) ;D You have to promise that they will not get Green and Purple all over them though 8)
[/quote]

You may want to shift your focus on winning a playoff game first.  :o
Just sayin....

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1232862" timestamp="1340726807"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=100695.msg1232835#msg1232835 date=1340715863]
[/quote]

You may want to shift your focus on winning a playoff game first.  :o
Just sayin....
[/quote]
Won plenty of those too.. Just sayin.  It's just a matter of time to get a 4A one under the belt, untill then we will just have to suffice with whoopin Daytons tail ;)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1232876" timestamp="1340733056"]
I think bh has a better chance of winning a playoff game than beating dayton again.
[/quote]

Nah we have only played each other the last 4 years and one of those was Daytons only state team EVER ;D the other was our coaching change  (55-0) then one win by the Broncos (24-21) that BH just gave away. BH will stay competitve with ya just wait and see.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1232885" timestamp="1340734914"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=100695.msg1232876#msg1232876 date=1340733056]
I think bh has a better chance of winning a playoff game than beating dayton again.
[/quote]

Nah we have only played each other the last 4 years and one of those was Daytons only state team EVER ;D the other was our coaching change  (55-0) then one win by the Broncos (24-21) that BH just gave away. BH will stay competitve with ya just wait and see.
[/quote]dayton was ahead 24-7 going into the 4th quarter of that game so I wouldnt say bh gave the game away. Just so happened viverette got hot and threw a couple of tds late.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1232890" timestamp="1340736361"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=100695.msg1232885#msg1232885 date=1340734914]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=100695.msg1232876#msg1232876 date=1340733056]
[/quote]

[/quote]dayton was ahead 24-7 going into the 4th quarter of that game so I wouldnt say bh gave the game away. Just so happened viverette got hot and threw a couple of tds late.
[/quote]
It felt like a give away :-\ anyway out of 4 years we played each other close 2 of them. We will see what happens this year, but i exspect another close game

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1232906" timestamp="1340742512"]
Oh man, there must be another Brnham team out there.  Those kids all graduated and what's left are midgets.  ;D
[/quote]

Not all of them...  ;)

CB Darrion Johnson- Junior (prolly havn't heard of him, cuz he was a soph last year, but still led the team in int's)
Offers: Oklahoma
Looks: LSU, Texas & Texas A&M

CB/S/WR Justin Davis- Senior 
Offers: Arizona State
Looks: New Mexico State, Texas Tech & Utah

WR/S Kwadareus Chapel- Senior
Offers: None yet
Looks: Should be getting some soon

OL Austin Schlottmann- Junior (another young)
Looks: Should be some soon

MLB Jacob Sparks- Senior
Looks: Should be some soon

[quote name="bigdog" post="1232922" timestamp="1340746527"]
One playoff run probably is not going to get you in the rankings. Most of those teams are in and go a couple of rounds deep regularly.
[/quote]
You shouldn't rank teams out of how many rounds deep they have went recently or over time. You should rank teams over how good the team is. Hell Central has great consistency of making the playoffs and we see how that did them last year.  ::)

BF I noticed you listed 3 def starters-2 off.starters out of 6 total reported.Secondary (2)WR (1)OL (1)MLB (1)=tuff hill to climb.After the shock & awe of 2 undefeated reg.season and alot of rusty stomps there's alot of teams itching for payback on the Cubs 8) ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="1232947" timestamp="1340754172"]
BF I noticed you listed 3 def starters-2 off.starters out of 6 total reported.Secondary (2)WR (1)OL (1)MLB (1)=tuff hill to climb.After the shock & awe of 2 undefeated reg.season and alot of rusty stomps there's alot of teams itching for payback on the Cubs 8) ;D
[/quote]

Most of our district is rebuilding/reloading.  So they might be out for us, but we'll be ready.  I got that extra ticket again if u wanna come to a game again?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami