3. Carthage
4. Coldspring
5. Navasota
6. Argyle
7. Wimberley
8. Henderson
9. Waco La Vega
10. Celina

There are rankings for all other classifications also on the show. It comes on again tonight at 6:30 on FOXSW

Interesting.....when was the last time WOS wasn't in the top 10? Not saying they deserve to be there, just stating and observation. IMO, WOS has always been in the top 10 since the early 80's.  Correct me if I'm wrong but i can't remember that since I was was old enough to remember which was 1985 to now.

[quote name="kicker" post="1230827" timestamp="1339812856"]
Interesting.....when was the last time WOS wasn't in the top 10? Not saying they deserve to be there, just stating and observation. IMO, WOS has always been in the top 10 since the early 80's.  Correct me if I'm wrong but i can't remember that since I was was old enough to remember which was 1985 to now.
[/quote]

WO-S will run people off the field this year

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1230833" timestamp="1339818696"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=100559.msg1230830#msg1230830 date=1339814963]
Well, not sure about that but heard we will be pretty good.
[/quote]

You'll see I say we get atleast 5 shutouts, actually it wouldnt suprise me if we shut out our entire district
[/quote]

The defense will be very good, but we are starting to get a little far out on the branch as far as predictions.

Did anyone notice if they mentioned 1A or 2A?

I think this top ten looks pretty solid.  At the top 2 spots you have two 4A to 3A teams that should have great years.  Carthage is always one of the top programs in the state.  Coldspring has had some very successful lately, and Navasota returns quite a bit from the 2011 squad that lost to Chapel Hill in a thriller.  It should be a great year for 3A football. 

[quote name="shovel" post="1230846" timestamp="1339847900"]
It looks strange seeing Stephenville and LaMarque on the 3A list. They have been atop the 4A lists for so long... I agree with y'all about WOS. They will make some noise this year as always.
[/quote]

Im not trying to speak so soon, and I know people say this every year, but I truky look at this defense and and see a state championship unit, im around the program more then others probably but we will be very very good defensively this season trust me

The Trojans should be very good again this as Coach Barbay does a tremendous job and the offseason program is probably one of the best in the State.  We are deserving of the ranking at this point, but it is based off of last season.  We will see how good we are early on as we face two of those top five teams and two in class 4A.  I would love to see a matchup between Coldspring and WO-S in the playoffs again it should be another great matchup as I'm assured they are much improved and very strong again this year.  Should be a great year in 3A.  I think the field is wide open. 

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1230868" timestamp="1339858820"]
The Trojans should be very good again this as Coach Barbay does a tremendous job and the offseason program is probably one of the best in the State.  We are deserving of the ranking at this point, but it is based off of last season.  We will see how good we are early on as we face two of those top five teams and two in class 4A.  I would love to see a matchup between Coldspring and WO-S in the playoffs again it should be another great matchup as I'm assured they are much improved and very strong again this year.  Should be a great year in 3A.  I think the field is wide open. 
[/quote]

Coldspring deserves the ranking based upon what it brings to the table because some very underestimated parts return from last year's team.  First, the offensive line from last year returns intact and having seen them in action last year against WO-S I can tell you that they deserve a lot more credit than they got last year.  Second, they return 3 year starter Alfred Scott. Yeah, he is not the big play maker and he won't have a lot of big stats.  But from what I saw last year, he is extremely good at extending drives....he'll make a six or seven yard scramble...he'll make the 6-8 yard pass, just to give the Trojans 3 more chances to make a big play.  I guess that is why he is 28-3 as a starter. Third, Patrick Giddens is gonna be a beast on defense this year.

Now don't get me wrong, Coldspring suffered some big losses on offense (Gilbert, Monroe) and defense (Andries and Harrison) and those losses won't be easy to replace.  But they may not be as difficult as most folks think, either.

Okay, octfeb, there is your sneak preview! LOL!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1230833" timestamp="1339818696"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=100559.msg1230830#msg1230830 date=1339814963]
Well, not sure about that but heard we will be pretty good.
[/quote]

You'll see I say we get atleast 5 shutouts, actually it wouldnt suprise me if we shut out our entire district
[/quote]

Somebody is drinking the kool aid early this year!![IMG]http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo210/monie132/kool-aid.jpg[/img]

[quote name="kicker" post="1230827" timestamp="1339812856"]
[/quote]

They were ranked top 10 every year when they were 4A? That would suprise me when there were years they weren't even picked to finish 1st or 2nd in district.

[quote name="Rizon" post="1230896" timestamp="1339872045"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=100559.msg1230827#msg1230827 date=1339812856]
[/quote]

They were ranked top 10 every year when they were 4A? That would suprise me when there were years they weren't even picked to finish 1st or 2nd in district.
[/quote]
Yes, even in 4a. Kinda strange. There were a few years I belive we werent in the preseason top ten but made it in in the first week or two of the season and vice versa. I think 96 was the only year we weren't ranked. We went 3 deep that year barely making it out of our district. 97 we were number 2 I believe and 98 number 1 and two flip floping with LaMarque.

[quote name="liltex" post="1231331" timestamp="1340072501"]
2012 ret.starters=Coldsprings 4 on off. 5 on def. Wimberly 8 & 8 (rutro)Argyle 6 & 7  Henderson 6 & 6
[/quote]
Where did you get this from? CS has 9 coming back on offense and about 7 on defense. Heck, look at the all district guys coming back.(6 on "O" and 6 on "D")

Funny no preseason hype for WOS...This may be the year they make some real post season hype in 3A!
Of course the region got even harder with the addition of Lamarque. Having to go through CS and LM just to get outta the region wil lnot be easy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder