Only 14 Applied for Orangefield head FB/AD Job

Anybody that has been paying attention to how the board treated Huckaby and everything surrounding that entire situation knows better than to apply for the Orangefield job.  Just my opinion, but I would think that and timing had alot to do with the low number of Apps.  Good Luck Coach Smalley!

If it only had to do with football winning, then I am sure that Huckabay would not have had any problems.  I am pretty sure that it had more to do with allowing the other sports opportunity to work on what they needed to.  This is all water under the bridge.  It is just frustrating to think that the board is still being blamed.  They renewed his contract.  Nothing else happened after that meeting.  He went on medical leave and the surgery and recovery wasn't going as he expected.  He resigned.  Enough said.  I guess you are going to say there is more to the story. 

Everybody has there own opinion of how Huckaby was handled, and mine is that his handling from the board was mishandled.  I know this is hard for people to believe, but ALL board members responsibilities are is involved in the area of school policies NOT DAY TO DAY OPERATION of how schools are run!  There in lies the problem.  IMO!!!  catfever I am sure your opinion is much different than mine, and I respect that.

[quote name="catfever" post="1230652" timestamp="1339715317"]
[color=black]If it only had to do with football winning, then I am sure that Huckabay would not have had any problems.  I am pretty sure that it had more to do with allowing the other sports opportunity to work on what they needed to.[/color]  This is all water under the bridge.  It is just frustrating to think that the board is still being blamed.  They renewed his contract.  Nothing else happened after that meeting.  He went on medical leave and the surgery and recovery wasn't going as he expected.  He resigned.  Enough said.  I guess you are going to say there is more to the story.
[/quote]

Really Catfever, your right it is water under the bridge but you will not let it go. Say what you want but here are the facts, under Huck this year at Orangefield. Football team one win from the playoffs, Boys basketball played a game for the playoffs, boys baseball made the playoffs, Boys golf team district champs, Volleyball team playoffs, Girls basketball team playoffs, girls softball team playoffs and girls golf team district champs. I am done talking about the board but I can't wait to tell you parents, "I told you so" and it will happen. In reality you guys will never be happy. It is all about the team, nothing else matters.
Josh was a great hire but is he the savior no he is not and nobody is. You seem to think a new coach will make a difference in Orangefield athletics? The only difference will be if we move down to 2A or to another district, that is real. I just hope they give Josh a chance and don't turn on him like they did Huck. No man deserves that.

[quote name="catfever" post="1230652" timestamp="1339715317"]
If it only had to do with football winning, then I am sure that Huckabay would not have had any problems.  I am pretty sure that it had more to do with allowing the other sports opportunity to work on what they needed to.  This is all water under the bridge.  It is just frustrating to think that the board is still being blamed.  They renewed his contract.  Nothing else happened after that meeting.  He went on medical leave and the surgery and recovery wasn't going as he expected.  He resigned.  Enough said.  I guess you are going to say there is more to the story.
[/quote]

By the way I have not said anything about the school board in a while.  Like I said that is water under the bridge. I am willing to move forward.

If you read up above, I was not the one who brought up the board. 

Coach Wade I am not a board member, but I do know many of them very well.  Like many people from Orangefield, we grew up together. 

Solo, you cannot compare the boys and girls programs.  They go by a completely different set of rules in their athletic period.  My daughter would practice the sport she was playing in the offseason and during season.  My son the past couple of years was not given this opportunity.  Heck, he was only allowed to practice basketball during the period on game days.  All other days he was doing offseason weights and an outside circuit (during the season).  I was at many of the basketball and baseball games this year.  Especially in basketball, the skill level that our players had (not athleticism) was no where near what many teams in our district had, but our heart and drive is what made up the difference.  Looking forward, I hope that the boys are allowed to improve their skills and keep that heart.  You have said many times, that we cannot compete in the current district we are in on a yearly basis.  Please don't tell these kids that.  They do not need to lose that heart and drive.  Good luck to Coach Smalley and I hope the parents, administration, and school board let him and the other coaches do thier jobs. 

[quote name="catfever" post="1230680" timestamp="1339729132"]
If you read up above, I was not the one who brought up the board. 

Coach Wade I am not a board member, but I do know many of them very well.  Like many people from Orangefield, we grew up together. 

Solo, you cannot compare the boys and girls programs.  They go by a completely different set of rules in their athletic period.  My daughter would practice the sport she was playing in the offseason and during season.  My son the past couple of years was not given this opportunity.  Heck, he was only allowed to practice basketball during the period on game days.  All other days he was doing offseason weights and an outside circuit (during the season).  I was at many of the basketball and baseball games this year.  Especially in basketball, the skill level that our players had (not athleticism) was no where near what many teams in our district had, but our heart and drive is what made up the difference.  Looking forward, I hope that the boys are allowed to improve their skills and keep that heart. [color=red] You have said many times, that we cannot compete in the current district we are in on a yearly basis.  Please don't tell these kids that.  They do not need to lose that heart and drive. [/color]  Good luck to Coach Smalley and I hope the parents, administration, and school board let him and the other coaches do thier jobs.
[/quote] 

Not telling the kids just the parents who don't have a clue and think their kid is better than they are. See I am about real life and I promise you life in the real world will be more difficult for them than any sport they play but if prepared properly the sport can teach a lot about life in the real world. I agree with you, if the all of the above let them do their jobs. Easier said than done.