CUSA is still expanding

[quote name="UNLV" post="1230061" timestamp="1339508310"]
This article mentions SHSU and SFA as the next 2 SLC that might move to FBS. No mention of Lamar.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/jun/09/lsc-mulls-future-as-acu-uiw-seek-move-to-di/
[/quote]

Sam could sell themselves on the Houston market, maybe.  SFA is in a much smaller market than LU.  I agree with you UNLV, LU should try to make the move.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="puddin tane" post="1230093" timestamp="1339517230"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=100496.msg1230014#msg1230014 date=1339469452]
http://www.conferenceusa.com/genrel/061112aab.html

How much anyone wants to bet that Lamar does nothing to sale itself.
[/quote]

up the prozac
[/quote]

Grammer Police on patrol here.  To keep everything in proper tense, the word "sale" in the above statement should properly read "sell."  No points deducted for this
one. ;D  (I'm just having a little fun.  Dickie V already calls me a senile old man when I get on his case.)

What many don't understand is SHSU and Lamar are the same distant from downtown Houston. Huntsville micro-statistical area was added to Houston CSA. I am actually surprised BPT MSA has not already joined the Houston CSA. There is no SHSU advantage to claim Houston over Lamar and vise-versa. However both schools can make the case for being located close to Houston. Lamar's advantage is the half-million people in all southeast Texas.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1230097" timestamp="1339518434"]
What many don't understand is SHSU and Lamar are the same distant from downtown Houston. Huntsville micro-statistical area was added to Houston CSA. I am actually surprised BPT MSA has not already joined the Houston CSA. There is no SHSU advantage to claim Houston over Lamar and vise-versa. However both schools can make the case for being located close to Houston. Lamar's advantage is the half-million people in all southeast Texas.
[/quote]
So you're saying the school presidents in the CUSA don't know this information?  I bet once they become aware of this an invite for Lamar will be coming shortly.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1230096" timestamp="1339518079"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=100496.msg1230093#msg1230093 date=1339517230]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=100496.msg1230014#msg1230014 date=1339469452]
http://www.conferenceusa.com/genrel/061112aab.html

How much anyone wants to bet that Lamar does nothing to sale itself.
[/quote]

up the prozac
[/quote]

Grammer Police on patrol here.  To keep everything in proper tense, the word "sale" in the above statement should properly read "sell."  No points deducted for this
one. ;D  (I'm just having a little fun.  Dickie V already calls me a senile old man when I get on his case.)
[/quote]

As long as we are on the subject, it is Grammar :D

[quote name="coachacola" post="1230121" timestamp="1339522202"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=100496.msg1230097#msg1230097 date=1339518434]
[/quote]
So you're saying the school presidents in the CUSA don't know this information?  I bet once they become aware of this an invite for Lamar will be coming shortly.
[/quote]I don't know if they know this information. It is Lamar's job to inform them. However, they may believe Rice sufficiently covers Houston and Southeast Texas. This makes Lamar a long shot for CUSA but a near slam dunk for the Sunbelt. That is if Lamar wants FBS. The attitudes among this area is so backwards thinking.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1230255" timestamp="1339550607"]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=100496.msg1230246#msg1230246 date=1339547214]
LU isn't ready for this kind of move...
[/quote]

Maybe not CUSA, but Sun Belt yes for sure.
[/quote]The old CUSA gives the new CUSA the perception it is better than the Sunbelt. The reality is new CUSA and the Sunbelt are evenly matched and will be evenly matched for at least several years. One possibility, CUSA might try to expand by inviting the best 2 Sunbelt schools to get a leg up on the Sunbelt. Now do you see why I said the Sunbelt leadership is the moron club.

Seems like we keep having this conversation over and over and over again.  CUSA passed on App. State that averages 25K a game and took Charlotte who is still away from starting their football program only because of location.  LAMAR isn't getting invited to the CUSA.  But as I've stated before, LAMAR to the Sun Belt will probably happen in the near future because the Sun Belt will probably lose a few more teams and large conferences are becoming the norm.  UNLV, I know you love to blame the locals but us fans have no bearing on who CUSA or any other conference invites.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1230097" timestamp="1339518434"]
[/quote]

For what its worth per mapquest Huntsville is 17 miles closer to Houston than Beaumont. ;)  I really dont want SH to make this kind of move, but Lamar is in a better position facilities wise and population wise.  Since these moves are based on the football program only thing Lamar really needs at this point is some sustained success to turn some heads. 

[quote name="coachacola" post="1230300" timestamp="1339555092"]
Seems like we keep having this conversation over and over and over again.  CUSA passed on App. State that averages 25K a game and took Charlotte who is still away from starting their football program only because of location.  LAMAR isn't getting invited to the CUSA.  But as I've stated before, LAMAR to the Sun Belt will probably happen in the near future because the Sun Belt will probably lose a few more teams and large conferences are becoming the norm.  UNLV, I know you love to blame the locals but us fans have no bearing on who CUSA or any other conference invites.
[/quote]Let CUSA decide not to invite Lamar. Not you or Lamar or anyone else. Lamar should be trying to get the invite instead of playing the passive game.

I was here when the locals kept quiet while Lamar dropped football and dropped down to the SLC. Now that Tubbs is gone, the "can't be done, Lamar needs to stay in the lowly SLC, Lamar can never be more than what it is, this area needs to support LSU or Texas instead" crowd is trying to regain power again. I'll shut up when I am banned or Lamar decides to stay in the SLC for good.

[quote name="kingkat99" post="1230362" timestamp="1339593363"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=100496.msg1230097#msg1230097 date=1339518434]
[/quote]

For what its worth per mapquest Huntsville is 17 miles closer to Houston than Beaumont. ;)  I really dont want SH to make this kind of move, but Lamar is in a better position facilities wise and population wise.  Since these moves are based on the football program only thing Lamar really needs at this point is some sustained success to turn some heads.
[/quote]Instead of highlighting our pro's, our fans would rather sit in the corner with their heads down, "we could never do it...sigh." A loser mentality.

Sam, SFA and Texas St (SW Texas) were all Lone Star Conference members with Lamar in the 1960s...then LaTech and USL big rivalries in the 70s and 80s...hard to understand and passively accept all these schools moving on by us... as for D-1 basketball, none of their men's programs ever made the sweet 16 like Lamar...nor the women making the finals like Lamar.

La Tech did it and all they got was a CUSA invite.

The WAC-East would be an extremely risky move for any school. Once in, everyone would be looking for the escape unless the long term goal is to split into 2 separate conferences in 4-5 years. Hmmm, could work.

[quote name="kingkat99" post="1230553" timestamp="1339681907"]
La Tech didnt do it.  They went West only.  In this new WAC teams would span from the East Coast to Idaho.  HUge difference.
[/quote]If Lamar was in WAC-East, there would be a minimum of games played in the west. This would be part of the wac-east deal as stated. It would be like Lamar is in the SBC or CUSA with a few games out west. Not a bank buster.

[quote name="kingkat99" post="1230544" timestamp="1339679480"]
Good luck if its true.  Youll need more than Umphrey money to make that travel schedule work.  A conference that essentially spans the US is DUMB...
[/quote]

agree kingkrap69

i thunked UNLV was over his WAC phase.............

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder