Bridge City OC Josh Smalley to be next Orangefield AD/HC

What initially and still upsets me is this thread should be nothing but congratulating coach Smalley. Period.
If you're in OF pick up a leader tomorrow. I have a piece on the state of OF and coach's role in it. Change your ways some of you bobcats. This split OF is not the OF which has always been so highly respected. It's darn sad if you ask me

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1230482" timestamp="1339627698"]
[size=10pt]Well, they might want to be glad it was Gabe that was the admin in question.  [b]'Cause if it would have been me, he WOULD have gotten the permanent heave ho. [/b] .........................................................[/size]
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/tvc184/Smileys/sHa_thumb2.gif[/img]

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1230486" timestamp="1339630741"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100487.msg1230482#msg1230482 date=1339627698]
Well, they might want to be glad it was Gabe that was the admin in question.  'Cause if it would have been me, he WOULD have gotten the permanent heave ho. 

I'll dismiss Tigervoice's posts because he comes up here with his tongue so firmly implanted in his cheek that he has to have it surgically detached on at least three occasions.  But to others there are rules to be followed.  Each and everyone of you, just like I did when I joined the site, read them and agreed to abide by them.  As staff members, we are charged by the site owner with enforcing those.  True, we don't catch all of them, but when we see them we must enforce them and that is all Gabe was doing by speaking up.  You can call it "power tripping" if you want, it doesn't matter to me.

And in this case, it is one that we do hold particularly close to the heart.  These coaches and players are a big part of this community.  Whether you like them or not, if you have a child involved in high school athletics, these men (and women) are a guiding force in your child's life.  I certainly don't envy men and women whose worth is decided on how a bunch of 15-18 years perform on, at most, 20 days out of the year.  Believe me, they know the shortcomings of there particular programs and those shortcomings bother them a heck of a lot more than they bother any of us, believe me.  We as a site, who ask these coaches for help without ever really offering them anything but a "please" and a "thank you," feel that the least that we can do is to minimize the angst that they have to face when frequenting this board....and yes they do.

Now, I can understand feeling frustration when the school you support is falling short and you want to express frustration.  Boards like these caters to exactly that.  However, there are limits that should be respected.  And when new coaches, before they even step on the field, are criticized simply because they have a beef with the school administrations....and I am not just talking about Coach Smalley......I saw it with the hiring of Kane Harris at Hamshire-Fannett, Marty Murr at Anahuac and Chris Babin at Deweyville....that is just flat out wrong, and it will not be tolerated.  Sorry if that offends.

Todd Broussard
Administrator
SETXsports.com

PS For anyone who thinks Gabe is a "new administrator" he has been in that role even longer than I have.
[/quote]
Great post man. Very well written.
[/quote]

Thank's for the clarification, Grad.  But why hasn't Gabe had the maroon designation as an Admin before just recently?  "Surgically detached on at least three occasions" - Jeeeez, I cry OVERKILL. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed