3rd Annual Southeast Texas Ford Auto Dealers All-Star Game/West wins 14-13!

Some of the best and the brightest of Southeast Texas' Class of 2012 will put on their high school's football helmet one last time at Provost Umphrey Stadium on the campus of Lamar University in Beaumont at 7 pm.

Vidor head coach Jeff Mathews will lead the East team and Coldspring-Oakhurst head coach Bryan Barbay will guide the West.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229646" timestamp="1339299678"]
Sounded like a good game.
[/quote]Wade Duke of Barbers Hill catches a pass on the 1 yd. line to set up the go ahead touchdown on the next play. Ryan Reuter played every down for the west at middle linebacker. He had some qb sacks and did an excellent job stopping the run up the middle. Braden Matthews played the whole game at rt. guard. Barbers Hill was well represented at this game and I was very proud of them. It was a fun game to watch.

Great game, the kids played hard and it was a lot of fun to watch. I was very impressed with how well the kids from the small schools (1A/2A) played. The best athletes on the field was probably Green, Morrisy, Lindsey, and Leday, but the best "football" player on the field was Kirby Johnson from East Chambers for the West squad. That kid was all over the field. I was sitting with a couple Anahauc coaches and after we kept hearing #10 on the tackle, they said boy we got tired of hearing that when we played EC!

Every kid played well. I was impressed with Kenebrew from Kelly (22 on the west team) I was excited to see what he could do against the 5a/4a players. And he didn't disappoint while I was there I saw him get two runs for 8 yards each. And Barber played good to had that very good run that he fumbled in the endzone at the end though. I was impressed as it was his first time playing football since having surgery on his acl. Didn't seem to lose much speed which is good.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476