21-5A toughest in region?

I was just looking over the alignments again, and man this is a tough district now with the addition of Deer Park to go with the rest of the group.
You have five teams there capable of going at least three or four deep into the playoffs in any one year.  One of those will have to be left at home ever year.  Almost seems unfair.

I agree, there are probably 5 teams in this district that could be district champs in other districts. It will no doubt be one of the tougher districts in the state. However, the 'No Team Left Behind' mentality, that the UIL has implemented, is pointless to begin with. The playoffs are too watered down. When you have a team make the playoffs with a 2-8 or 3-7 record, something needs to change. Back in the day, only district champions qualified for the postseason. Even having the second place team go in, is ok. But 4 teams, per district, and crowning 2 state champions per classification, is taking a little of the luster off of things. Its all about making money, these days. Off my soap box, now.

[quote name="songone" post="1225118" timestamp="1337716828"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=100094.msg1225031#msg1225031 date=1337705119]
2-5a is a murderers row
[/quote]what  teams are in 2-5A?
[/quote]The whole Little SWC plus Amarillo Tascosa & San Angelo Central. 9 teams. I think 6 were in the playoffs last season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder