*BC Coach Tarver Headed To Fort Worth*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i played for tarver and worked for him too. he is a great man. bridge city didn't know how good they had it while he was there. he doesn't have a real loud personality, some mistake that for not caring, or arrogance or whatever. he is a good man and honestly i know that he wasn't treated very well while he was there. i am glad he is moving on. best of luck to him and his family.

I hate that Coach Tarver is moving on. He is an absolute stand up guy, and he will be missed by the program. I wish him all the best. I think the best chance will be Josh Smalley or Jeff Mathews to replace Tarver. No way Bolton gets it.

I played for Coach Tarver at North Mesquite back in the late 70's. Great guy...Still look back on those times and realize what great leadership that group of coaches gave to a bunch of knotheads that we were..Just saw where one of my teammates just got the AD job at MISD.

Good Luck to Coach Tarver...

NMHS class of 80

BucketSitR

I hate that Coach Tarver is moving on. He is an absolute stand up guy' date=' and he will be missed by the program. I wish him all the best. I think the best chance will be Josh Smalley or Jeff Mathews to replace Tarver. No way Bolton gets it.[/quote']

Why do you think Bolton will not get it ? This guy knows football and has plenty of experience.

Guest Bridge City Card

Bolton has a shot. Matthews is not a 100% done deal. He turned the job down here a few years back to stay in Vidor. He wants to come to BC now though, i think everyone knows that. He's made it clear to several people.

Why would you hire a guy that turned down the job once and has a losing record where he is. Vidor's football team has been the most inconsistent team in the area over the last three or four years. Know way i would hire matthews. Smalley is to young to be an ad. at a big 3a school. Could not handle the pressure of an ad job at this point. Of all the people mentioned bolton would be a good choice. he has no head coach experience but he has been around long enough to give hime a shot. And he is the only one on staff now that might get it. If not him then i would go outside the area. But no way i give it to matthews. He had his chance. If you are hiring someone that can motivate and that is it then he is the guy but if you want a motivater and someone that can win then he is definitley not the guy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124