Now what for the Southland

Now that Lamar is officially bone-headed stuck in the Southland, who will be invited to the 27th worse conference?

The big market with Incarnate Word?
Abilene Christian?
Texas A&M-Commerce?  the A&M part might fool people into thinking Lamar is big time.
UTPA?

[quote name="UNLV" post="1218284" timestamp="1336144355"]
Now that Lamar is officially bone-headed stuck in the Southland, who will be invited to the [b]27th worse conference?[/b]

The big market with Incarnate Word?
Abilene Christian?
Texas A&M-Commerce?  the A&M part might fool people into thinking Lamar is big time.
UTPA?
[/quote]

27th worst? I guess that is better than being the 1st worst.  ;)

if i could double smite ya UNLV I would...you were THE voice for the WAC--or shall we call it--R.I.P. WAC

not saying it would be the best thing in the world..but incarnate word--in san antonio--is one of the fastest growing colleges in the state..w/ Tom Benson throwing big money their way..and if i remember..they out played us..hired larry keenan...planning big things..

[quote name="WOS95" post="1219000" timestamp="1336258627"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=99695.msg1218993#msg1218993 date=1336257375]
You make jokes as Lamar sinks. Everyone else moves up the ladder, Lamar always finds a way to move down.
[/quote]

Lamar is not sinking
[/quote]The Southland is sinking. Lamar is part of the Southland. Lamar is sinking. Southland BB was ranked 27th. Several years ago the Southland averaged a 22 ranking. The Southland champion was destroyed by Vermont.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1219003" timestamp="1336258932"]
if i could double smite ya UNLV I would...you were THE voice for the WAC--or shall we call it--R.I.P. WAC

not saying it would be the best thing in the world..but incarnate word--in san antonio--is one of the fastest growing colleges in the state..w/ Tom Benson throwing big money their way..and if i remember..they out played us..hired larry keenan...planning big things..
[/quote]If Lamar had joined the WAC 1 year ago, Lamar press conference to join the Sunbelt or CUSA would have been yesterday. Most likely the Sunbelt because the Sunbelt needs a school near Houston. Stay tune....

[quote name="UNLV" post="1219078" timestamp="1336274754"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=99695.msg1219003#msg1219003 date=1336258932]

[/quote]If Lamar had joined the WAC 1 year ago, Lamar press conference to join the Sunbelt or CUSA would have been yesterday. Most likely the Sunbelt because the Sunbelt needs a school near Houston. Stay tune....
[/quote]
Since markets are driving conference expansion it does put Lamar at a disadvantage, but the Sun Belt would probably like to have at least a tiny presence in the Houston market and their only two choices at the moment are Lamar and Sam Houston.  If the Sun Belt wants 12 football schools, do they add 2 more eastern schools and leave Texas State on an island, or does Lamar step up and offer the Sun Belt (1) a small piece of the Houston market, (2) another football school in Texas, and (3) more balanced east/west divisions?  Right now it's unknown if Dr. Simmons still wants to take Lamar to the Sun Belt like he said he wanted to last year.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1219325" timestamp="1336376129"]
Its not about the grades for these conferences. Its about the size of the markets.
[/quote]Ruston is not NYC II. All I'm saying is Rice doesn't necessary hold the Houston market. Maybe a nearby public school recruiting Houston talent can help give interest in CUSA to Houston.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami