Can PAM do it again????

My 4th place prediction by doesn't mean PAM will just laydown to the top 3.  They may lose those games by a combined 7 points.  No shame in that.  One thing I'm so happy about is those kids are a step faster than their 4A counterparts and I couldn't say that 4 years ago.  They are ready to compete and not scared of anyone when they step on the field.  I just hope the experience of going 5 rounds pays off and they don't fall off say like a PN-G did in 2000.....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SFA85" post="1236328" timestamp="1342462962"]
My 4th place prediction by doesn't mean PAM will just laydown to the top 3.  They may lose those games by a combined 7 points.  No shame in that.  One thing I'm so happy about is those kids are a step faster than their 4A counterparts and I couldn't say that 4 years ago.  They are ready to compete and not scared of anyone when they step on the field.  I just hope the experience of going 5 rounds pays off and they don't fall off say like a PN-G did in 2000.....
[/quote]agreed 100%

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1236212" timestamp="1342441488"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=98098.msg1236189#msg1236189 date=1342417536]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=98098.msg1236139#msg1236139 date=1342403106]
Anytime a school like PAM or LaPorte wins the district someone is quick to say that the district is down. That seems to be the excuse used when your team doesn't compete for the district crown. Central winning record over PAM won't last to long and as for as West Brook well the program seems to be headed for a all time low. It has taken the city of Port Arthur a while to buy into the one school concept, but winning breeds tradition and the tradition has started. We had too battle with some head coaches that didn't even want to be at the school. Coach Harrison has got all the kids on board with his work habits and this ship known as PAM is moving forwjrard and finally becoming what most thought it would be years ago.
[/quote]

I agree the ships sailing forward after sitting still for a while..just sayin before i yelled full speed ahead id make sure everyones on board and i had the captain that could get ya by the big icebergs before u jumped aboard the port arthur titanic
[/quote]Clever!  8)
[/quote]

No one thought that PAM could or would ever beat West Brook or LaPorte ("Big Icebergs") but they proved the naysayers wrong and beat both teams. Let's just wait until the season begins before we start downing the team.

[quote name="bnic1500" post="1236349" timestamp="1342466377"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=98098.msg1236212#msg1236212 date=1342441488]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=98098.msg1236189#msg1236189 date=1342417536]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=98098.msg1236139#msg1236139 date=1342403106]
Anytime a school like PAM or LaPorte wins the district someone is quick to say that the district is down. That seems to be the excuse used when your team doesn't compete for the district crown. Central winning record over PAM won't last to long and as for as West Brook well the program seems to be headed for a all time low. It has taken the city of Port Arthur a while to buy into the one school concept, but winning breeds tradition and the tradition has started. We had too battle with some head coaches that didn't even want to be at the school. Coach Harrison has got all the kids on board with his work habits and this ship known as PAM is moving forwjrard and finally becoming what most thought it would be years ago.
[/quote]

I agree the ships sailing forward after sitting still for a while..just sayin before i yelled full speed ahead id make sure everyones on board and i had the captain that could get ya by the big icebergs before u jumped aboard the port arthur titanic
[/quote]Clever!  8)
[/quote]

No one thought that PAM could or would ever beat West Brook or LaPorte ("Big Icebergs") but they proved the naysayers wrong and beat both teams. [b]Let's just wait until the season begins before we start downing the team.[/b]
[/quote]

The "naysayers" will down the team no matter what they accomplish...even if its a State Championship. So BUMP the "naysayers"!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1239883" timestamp="1343249961"]
and i still got the good-luck mini afro going from last season. haha good luck Region 3, you're gonna need it.
[/quote]

I keep seeing the name Manvel and Pearland pop up as teams that will turn around Region 3. Man Pearland won state two years ago and all before that they were known as the team with a great record every regular season only to lose in the playoff early rounds. Manvel just started out and they are one hella of a program but when you compete in a Region as loaded as Region 3 you can be beat at anytime. No one would give Steele and the SA region credit until two years ago now when you mention top teams in the state Steele name comes up. Everyone has to start somewhere all I'm saying is PAM can be one of these teams when mentioned from now on. The talent has always been there on the lower levels. Then fan base has finally started to come together and embrace the black and the red.

[quote name="mypooh" post="1239915" timestamp="1343256917"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=98098.msg1239883#msg1239883 date=1343249961]
and i still got the good-luck mini afro going from last season. haha good luck Region 3, you're gonna need it.
[/quote]

I keep seeing the name Manvel and Pearland pop up as teams that will turn around Region 3. Man Pearland won state two years ago and all before that they were known as the team with a great record every regular season only to lose in the playoff early rounds. Manvel just started out and they are one hella of a program but when you compete in a Region as loaded as Region 3 you can be beat at anytime. No one would give Steele and the SA region credit until two years ago now when you mention top teams in the state Steele name comes up. Everyone has to start somewhere all I'm saying is PAM can be one of these teams when mentioned from now on. The talent has always been there on the lower levels. Then fan base has finally started to come together and embrace the black and the red.
[/quote]I remember when we gave Pearland the business Jamaal's JR yr at the Astrodome lol

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1239916" timestamp="1343257224"]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=98098.msg1239915#msg1239915 date=1343256917]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=98098.msg1239883#msg1239883 date=1343249961]
[/quote]

[/quote]I remember when we gave Pearland the business Jamaal's JR yr at the Astrodome lol
[/quote]

I was there as well, which makes PAM 1-0 against P-Land. It was PAM's 2nd year in exsistance and 1st time ever in the P.O.'s. (3rd round lost to Katy) that was during the "Dean Colbert" era. Back when he nor the next COACH cared about the kids or building any type of program.....that's a "LITTLE KNOWN PAM HISTORY"....in my Tom Joyner voice!

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1239981" timestamp="1343275974"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=98098.msg1239916#msg1239916 date=1343257224]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=98098.msg1239915#msg1239915 date=1343256917]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was there as well, which makes PAM 1-0 against P-Land. It was PAM's 2nd year in exsistance and 1st time ever in the P.O.'s. (3rd round lost to Katy) [b]that was during the "Dean Colbert" era. Back when he nor the next COACH cared about the kids or building any type of program.....that's a "LITTLE KNOWN PAM HISTORY"....in my Tom Joyner voice![/b][/quote]They know, i almost got banned from here and another site when i made a petition to get Colbert fired. Believe you me, most people on here know, they wont admit to it, but they know.

Titans had respect last year, from coaches to players. I believe what most question is was it a one year wonder (due to the 13 seniors going on to the next level). Like sfa85 says a 4th place finish is more than likely whats to be expected next year, and that's not good enough to get respect. Simply to much talent not to be making runs like that almost every year. Quit the no one will play us crap, there are plenty of teams mem has declined to play as well.
Bottom line quite begging for respect just keep earing it. Now 13 next levels players helps, but but what happens when u dont have (2 Baylor, 1 ark, and 1 ok st )???

[quote name="eknights88" post="1240303" timestamp="1343408224"]
Titans had respect last year, from coaches to players. I believe what most question is was it a one year wonder (due to the 13 seniors going on to the next level). Like sfa85 says a 4th place finish is more than likely whats to be expected next year, and that's not good enough to get respect. Simply to much talent not to be making runs like that almost every year. Quit the no one will play us bullzhit, there are plenty of teams mem has declined to play as well.
Bottom line quite begging for respect just keep earing it. Now 13 next levels players helps, but but what happens when u dont have (2 Baylor, 1 ark, and 1 ok st )???
[/quote]you mean 2 hit wonder? they went deep the year before.

[quote name="eknights88" post="1240311" timestamp="1343411003"]
That's rt, that was the district championship year????
I know u not counting that 1st round game, did u actually watch that team. There is a reason a lot complain about 4 team advancing with districts like that.
[/quote]i could careless, thats who the UIL paired them with. so be it. its the playoffs. win or go home. doesnt matter who you're playing.

[quote name="eknights88" post="1240363" timestamp="1343425694"]
Do u care about district position? Most do. Just curious do u?
[/quote]of course, everyone does, but i could careless who we play in the playoffs first round. ITS THE PLAYOFFS, you dont pick who you wanna play, if that was the case we would win state every year lol

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1240365" timestamp="1343426312"]
[quote author=eknights88 link=topic=98098.msg1240363#msg1240363 date=1343425694]
[/quote]of course, everyone does, but i could careless who we play in the playoffs first round. ITS THE PLAYOFFS, you dont pick who you wanna play, if that was the case we would win state every year lol
[/quote]
I agree, but I don't run around posting we the best when u can't even win district. The bottom line is get 4th in district and the Uil will give u a for sure win, the way the playoffs r set up.
Unless u are saying state is easier then district

[quote name="eknights88" post="1240367" timestamp="1343426566"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=98098.msg1240365#msg1240365 date=1343426312]
[quote author=eknights88 link=topic=98098.msg1240363#msg1240363 date=1343425694]
[/quote]
I agree, but I don't run around posting we the best when u can't even win district. The bottom line is get 4th in district and the Uil will give u a for sure win, the way the playoffs r set up.
Unless u are saying state is easier then district
[/quote]UIL says 4 teams in, so 4 teams it is. Get a job with the UIL and make the changes you want if you dont agree with the format.  ;)

[quote name="eknights88" post="1240401" timestamp="1343434961"]
Ok, and u can get another team when u are ready for a district championship
[/quote]we won district before. NEXT! we want a state title. district title dont get you a state title. any smart person on this board knows that.  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder