Local TABC All-Staters & All - Region

Congrats to the following for being selected to the [b]2011-2012 TABC All-State Team[/b]:

2A: Laramie Linn - Kountze
3A: Shawn Prudhomme - HJ, Chris Elam - Silsbee

Hardin-County at it again...  :D

Members of the [b]TABC 2011-2012 TABC All-Region Team[/b]:

1A: Naaman Williams (Jr.), Ryan Hendrix (Jr.); Big Sandy, Deven Murphy - Evadale
2A: Laramie Linn, Jamazdon Powell (Jr.) Kountze; Glenn Roberts (Jr.) - East Chambers
3A: Shawn Prudhomme, Devante Johnson (Jr.) - HJ; Chris Elam (Jr.), Jordan Holmes (Jr.), Kelton Gaines - Silsbee; Jerrell Sykes (Jr.) - Coldspring
4A: David "Trey" Green - Ozen; Colton Weisbrod (Soph.) - Nederland; Kristian Smith - Central

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is they are teammates and regardless of what your personal opinion is you should not be putting down one HJ player to boast another regardless of how right or wrong you think the voting is.  It is not right to say that about any kid much less kids that are teammates and friends.  Hopefully the kids are more mature about it and are happy for each other!!!!

Other locals who made the TABC All region teams:

4A  Preston Armstrong  Sr.  LCM

3A  Daniel Fitzwater      Jr.    Liberty
    Dezavious Houston  Sr.  Huntington
    Montavious Houston  Sr.  Huntington

1A DI  Austin Kollet      Jr.  Broaddus
          Richel Thomas  Soph. West Sabine

1A DII  James Pittman    Jr.    Leggett

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1197915" timestamp="1331864629"]
Notice I never disagreed about ZB not making the team.  I think he should have, but we all should be happy for SP and DJ!!!!!!
[/quote]
Exactly!  And he even still has 2 years to get even better and prove he should be on the next one!

Well......honestly I don't think it is ZB that has hurt feelings.  He knows how good he is, and he has proven it on the court.  Ultimately it is a TEAM game.  He has earned many accolades and will earn more over the next two years.  He is working to be as good as he can to earn an opportunity to play college basketball (which he will). 

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1197900" timestamp="1331863810"]
The difference is they are teammates and regardless of what your personal opinion is you should not be putting down one HJ player to boast another regardless of how right or wrong you think the voting is.  It is not right to say that about any kid much less kids that are teammates and friends.  Hopefully the kids are more mature about it and are happy for each other!!!!
[/quote]

Exactly!!

Look at Home first cbosha.  Players are nominated for All Region by their Head Coach.  Look at your coach first.  The Head Coach picks the players to be named to All Region, All State. and then the Region votes on the players that the coach nominates.

[quote name="PA4Life" post="1197954" timestamp="1331873581"]
Look at Home first cbosha.  Players are nominated for All Region by their Head Coach.  Look at your coach first.  The Head Coach picks the players to be named to All Region, All State. and then the Region votes on the players that the coach nominates.
[/quote]
Exactly, so Cbosha, u need to go talk to Coach Sutherland !!! By him not being selected, that should make him work a little harder this summer to prove to all the coaches who nominate these players that he's one of best in this area.... He's just a sophomore, they look at juniors and seniors first but if u have a freshman are sophmore averging 20+, that's a different subject and that's something he didn't do... My opinion, he's a good player !!!

[quote name="cbosha" post="1197920" timestamp="1331864795"]
So my nephew should be happy in spite of the fact that he was  unjustly ignored. I am not understanding how they chose the teams. What are they basing it on.
[/quote]
well since he didnt make the team,instead of feeling ignored or sad about it when the season start next year,that should make him hungrier to come out and prove he should of made it. Thats called being a competitor. I'm not saying either one is better but they pick these team merely of stats and DJ  stats were better.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="cbosha" post="1197920" timestamp="1331864795"]
So my nephew should be happy in spite of the fact that he was  unjustly ignored. I am not understanding how they chose the teams. What are they basing it on.
[/quote]
This vitriolic crap from overly enthusiastic Uncles and
other relatives is so much more harmful that good - it seems like the poster would understand that.  The deed has been done, Uncle cbosha; no amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth will change it now.

cbosha, you cannot be serious....that kid is a 10th grader right? If he is THAT hurt, talk to him about what playing in a PROGRAM is all about...TEAM...ask him would he rather have made all region and missed the regional tourney, or leave things as they are and work his tail off to get better for next season....Come on, man..What are we teaching our young people? ::) ::) SMH