Marucci Cat5 Sq'd Knob Issue

JWB

Has anyone else had a problem with the plastic insert in the knob popping out of the handle on their bats? This just happened to my son's bat last night at practice,and I've also learned that a boy on our team sent his bat back for the same reason. I purchased the bat in Dec 11' and I'm going to send it back,but I was just wondering if this is an on going problem with this particular model. Its the Cat5 Sq'd Senior League -8 bat(30"/22oz)...Great bat,until this happen :(

We had a Cat 5 do the same thing recently. I have not mailed it back as I bought it last year. Let us know what you learn. My son has 2 Cat 5's, the new Black which is very nice and looks to be improved over the Cat 5. His favorite bat is a Black Pro Maple, he seems to hit as well with the Maple. I really didn't expect the wood to hit as well. If certain leagues allowed only wood bats, our kids would be better hitters and our wallets a bit thicker. Wishful thinking...

Just got off the phone with a Marucci Rep,and their gonna email me some return documents to fill out,and THEN,I'll get a return number to send the bat back with,then they'll inspect the bat,and either repair or replace it....hope we get it back before the end of the spring season :-\ I guess he'll use the wooden WARSTIC (Texas made bats) I ordered him......Any reviews on these bats???word is their a new bat company making some nice wood bats...We'll see...

My son has been using a -3 Marucci White Cat 5 BBCOR since last summer without the insert in the knob and we have had ZERO problems. As a matter of fact it makes it easier to find his when they are all laying on the ground next to one another! ;D Seriously though we have seen no drop in performance, he has hit several home runs at high school and college parks, no worries here. JMHO.

Rake1

No issues with vibration that I have heard him speak of. I know that insert acts like a harmonic dampener similar to what you see on compound bow limbs. I may be mistaken but it seems like there is also some dampening technology inside the handle as well but I may be mistaken. I was good friends with a rep from Louisiana when they were still Albin bats and he was giving me all the low down on the features but I have slept since then and had one or more cold beverages as well. :D As for us we like the bat, it has held up really well. I was going to get him another one just like it but we have seen no obvious sign of "losing pop".

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1192480" timestamp="1330967844"]
No issues with vibration that I have heard him speak of. I know that insert acts like a harmonic dampener similar to what you see on compound bow limbs. I may be mistaken but it seems like there is also some dampening technology inside the handle as well but I may be mistaken. I was good friends with a rep from Louisiana when they were still Albin bats and he was giving me all the low down on the features but I have slept since then and had one or more cold beverages as well. :D As for us we like the bat, it has held up really well. I was going to get him another one just like it but we have seen no obvious sign of "losing pop".

Rake1
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback...Have you heard of the Warstic bats?...www.warstic.com

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
  • Topics