congrats to both vidor teams

ARSENAL

Like i said not my favorite.. being from mid county of course but... a very very very tough team to play no matter what league you are playing in.....They play hard... and are tough....i appreciate the passion the kids show.... when i was school vidor was unheard of in high school soccer... Good job by the coaches.... in both high school and league play....

Guest TruthMatters
Still no one answered what "select league.".  And I should've been more clear in my reply because I was referring to the girls, and I am assuming that Pirate Soccer 20 is talking about the boys?  Might have helped for him to also clarify, then there wouldn't have been a need to call it "a lie."

Guest TruthMatters
VP 32....stop making assumptions!  You're making yourself look freaking ridiculous.  No one is hating.  I asked a simple question.  And just FYI, I've ALWAYS been a Pirate! :P

[quote name="TruthMatters" post="1184237" timestamp="1330050218"]
VP 32....stop making assumptions!  You're making yourself look freaking ridiculous.  No one is hating.  I asked a simple question.  And just FYI, I've ALWAYS been a Pirate! :P
[/quote]
Calm down there kid. i wasn't talkin to you. i was talking to the guy who was hating obviously lmao.

[quote author=TruthMatters link=topic=96442.msg1184237#msg1184237 date=1330050218]
[b]No one is hating.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote author=dmeast11111 link=topic=96442.msg1183179#msg1183179 date=1329942035]
I really do not like vidor soccer team very much however, they are a very good team... Have seen them both in select league and high school....Very aggressive and pretty skilled....

[/quote]
And last i checked this was hating. Just because it was covered with a compliment he said he hated us and didn't give a reason. So that, IMO, was hating.

Guest TruthMatters
I sure don't know how one person saying that he didn't like the Pirates was considered "everyone is hating on us.". Wow, this person must have some power then.  Besides, he said he was from Mid-county.  So, what did ya expect?  He also complimented the boys if you read the rest of his post.  Personally, I wouldn't have put that line about not liking the Pirates on a complimentary thread started by Arsenal, but I'm in no way offended. It was simply a matter of opinion.  Truth is, I'd say the same about any other team that was vying for a district title against the Pirates.  ;D

[quote name="TruthMatters" post="1184261" timestamp="1330052602"]
I sure don't know how one person saying that he didn't like the Pirates was considered "everyone is hating on us.". Wow, this person must have some power then.  Besides, he said he was from Mid-county.  So, what did ya expect?  He also complimented the boys if you read the rest of his post.  Personally, I wouldn't have put that line about not liking the Pirates on a complimentary thread started by Arsenal, but I'm in no way offended. It was simply a matter of opinion.  Truth is, I'd say the same about any other team that was vying for a district title against the Pirates.  ;D
[/quote]
And that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but i am also entitled to my opinion and it is my opinion that he is hating. I have personally met several people who are from mid county that likes vidor and yes i read where he complimented the boys also and i admit i was a lil sarcastic with the "everyone" remark but you ain't gotta get all worked about it man.

Ok, since you wanna go there. I have watched these kids play several  times against my son's select team.    Simply put they play dirty.. I could name several games where i have seen them play very very dirty in league play... That being said... They are one hell of a team... another compliment veiled in a insult.. I have been around soccer my whole life. I know the game better than most people you will meet and watch it at every level. Another words  I am a soccer Ref, Coach, and Fan.  So take it for what you will but they are a hard playing team,  that i just dont like that much. 

From a neutral perspective, that is no children playing soccer in any UIL schools and just an interest in local soccer, Vidor deserves credit for a great program.  They are well coached and have great players.  Vidor boys does indeed have a club team at BYSC, as do most other competitive schools.  There is nothing illegal about that, and in fact makes good sense.  It is also not uncommon to have several players from a given school playing in a select league, or even ODP.  While Vidor may play a physical game, we are talking about 4A varsity high school play.  Soccer is not a game for porcelain dolls.

sorry... I played for a very successful soccer team in high school and a very successful league team... sorry bud you are mistaken.  kids are great players due to great youth programs. In other countries they join a program as young as 5.  There is no possible way a high school coach can turn a bad kid to a good kid. With all due respect.. the reason  teams are getting more competitive in this area is due to great youth soccer programs. Talk to college or pro coaches around the world they will tell you the same thing. My son is an awesome soccer player and it is due to the hard work of a lot of great coaches at the competitive level. Same way in baseball.  high school teams would be pointless without great youth programs. 

[quote name="dmeast11111" post="1186189" timestamp="1330280253"]
newcastle, how much do you really know about soccer?? apparently not very much....i was not saying anything about you...and you do not know me or what i know...typical homer....
[/quote]

Really??? Are you serious?

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg560/scaled.php?server=560&filename=laughgh.jpg&res=medium[/img]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476