JR. HIGH BASKETBALL

Bobkat' date='

I wish I could find something to disagree with you on.

Orangefield (and Lumberton) have been successful not only because of Little Dribblers, but because their LD's program DOES IT RIGHT! The kids want to be there, they have fun, and they learn the correct fundementals. It's not a community boot camp.

My original post was about how LCJH's 8th grade girls were loaded with athletes...and they are. I'm not backing off that statement one bit. That's why your statement is so valide about the Little Dribblers program. The Orangefield atheletes are not necessarily better athelets, they've just "been there done that" in Little Dribblers. 49 to 25 is not a very close score...but a 24 point victory for any Orangefield girls team is not uncommon is it?[/quote']

Exactly my point...LCJH's 8th grade team probably does have better athletes, but they lack in fundamentals and just plain old knowledge of the game. That's where LD's comes in...we do make it fun but we work too and these kids have been playing ball since they were 7 years old. When they get to Jr high they already know what's going on and that's a huge part of our success!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridge City 7th Grade A & B teams beat Jasper tonight.

7th B Team won 14 - 10 (not sure of the exact score maybe 14 - 8??)

7th A Team won 37 -25

Keep winning 7th Grade Cardinals!!!

Bridge City Middle School vs St. Anne's tonight.

BC 7th Grade B team lost in close game.

BC 7th Grade A team won with Cameron Dishon hitting the final basket to win the game 28 - 26 with 3 seconds on the clock. It was a nail biter!

St Anne's team is a very talented group, as are the BC boys.

Both teams missed shots that they shouldn't have, but that is 7th grade basketball. Very evenly matched teams. Great kids on both sides too.

Some of them have played baseball together too, and they are friends which makes them enjoy it even more. Awesome game all the way around. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest CougarPride

Well I have a son that plays in Crosby.  their seventh grade has 2 6'4 kids one can dunk, and a 6'7 245 pound monster that plays on the nike national team.  the smallest kid on their starting group is their 5'10 point gaurd so I'm going to say they are pretty talented.  When he gets his team picture I will post it.  It is hard to imagine it, but it is true.

Wow!  I would love to see that 7th grade Crosby team play.  BC's 7th grade has one 6'4" starter, and a lot of speed....that might be  good game to watch. 

Best of luck to the Crosby 7th grade team.

sabine pass jh is a very strong team.they have ©othello edwards #50 and (pg)#22hunter cruthirds as their 2 main players.their participating in the spurger district tournament and they play devers 1st round then spurger second round.spurger v.s sp is going to be a david v.s goliath.

• 4 weeks later...

Keep us updated.

spurger was up by over 20 in the third quarter , so they put there subs in and the final ended up being 49 to 33 spurgers favor. Then they played evadale for the championship game and beat them 57 to 24. The Spurger boys ended up not losing a game in their season, actually this group of boys hadn't lost a game as 7th graders or 8th graders and has placed 1st in every school tournament entered.  They have started their final year in little dribblers basketball.  On February 24, they played their first game against Beaumont marshall middle school little dribblers team and the ended up beating them by 14 the final was spurger 60 beumont 46.  These boys have been contacted by the following schools for practice games; Bridge City, Orangefield, Hardin-Jefferson, and Hampshire-Fannett.  The Beaumont game gave them such a better game than they have played in the last 2 years and this will get them ready for their regional little dribblers tournament March 14 to 17 in Evadale.

• 3 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83