Humble High FB Coaching Position

WOSgrad

Question for you WOS, since i know you are a history buff on these matters i was hoping you could help give me some details on Coach West.

I know very little about him, but since hearing of his hiring over a week ago i have managed this.

1. Was at Galena Park with Mike Jinks (Steele Head coach, and apparently new Judson Head coach)

2. Was on the 1991 Killeen State title team, had something like 129 receptions at Killeen...and from what i understand was an All-State selection at WR.

3. Regarded as an offensive guru in many circles concerning Multiple back offensive systems, especially when it comes to blocking schemes.

4. Went to Cibole to observe Jinks and Steele over the spring to soak up some knowledge, much to the later realized error of Coach Jinks.

5. Highly thought of by Willie Amendola, and helped Dekaney win a title this past year.

My questions for you WOS, if you know... Where all has he coached?  I got Galena Park, and Spring Dekaney.  But he has been coaching some 14 years....

From what I understand, Charlie is a good offensive minded guy....heard he's not a definsive guy, but he will bring a few guys with him from Dekaney....Humble should be alot better than they were this past season. If charlie come over and have Spring Football, which humble haven't had, he can get to know his athletes and start putting in the pieces

[quote name="HumbleISD" post="1173530" timestamp="1328641619"]
From what I understand, Charlie is a good offensive minded guy....heard he's not a definsive guy, but he will bring a few guys with him from Dekaney....Humble should be alot better than they were this past season. If charlie come over and have Spring Football, which humble haven't had, he can get to know his athletes and start putting in the pieces
[/quote]

Let's hope so.

I was told by the Athletic office that some guys would be retained.  Do you know if they are keeping most of the defensive staff?

• 2 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami