SA to class A

jlc2010

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1172474" timestamp="1328470028"]
SA should contend for a State Title. D-ville better hope they don't play SA! LOL!!  ;D Just worry about beating H-D, D-ville. lol. Good luck.  ;)
[/quote]
I hear ya Bobcat, Dville needs good, tough pre-district opponents like SA to prepare for District.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1172467" timestamp="1328468770"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=95425.msg1172466#msg1172466 date=1328468303]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=95425.msg1172465#msg1172465 date=1328467698]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=95425.msg1172409#msg1172409 date=1328452710]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=95425.msg1172398#msg1172398 date=1328447333]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=95425.msg1172394#msg1172394 date=1328445630]
Per Coach Hubbard via e-mail last night, this is the non-district schedule for San Augustine:

Week 0 - Tyler Grace Community
Week 1 - OPEN
Week 2 - Deweyville
Week 3 - Garrison
Week 4 - Hemphill
Week 5 - Tenaha

Coach Hubbard told me that Harmony was originally the Week 2 opponent but that Harmony dropped San Augustine Friday afternoon after he had revealed the schedule to the team in order to play an opponent closer to them (just like casualobserver had surmised).
[/quote]
Thanks for clearing that up Grad, some people just have a hard time comprehending certain words i.e. tentative.  ::) ;D
[/quote]

Your absolutely right, that is why I put that word in all caps on the schedules thread.  Even as theose matchups become a little more iron clad, it is STILL tentative.

But there is always somebody who thinks they are smarter than everybody else.
[/quote]
I dont think anyone was saying they were "smarter" than everyone else.
[/quote]
No you were just giving out FALSE info.  ;D
[/quote
I think I have already acknowledged that, but it was received from direct information at noon on Friday. If you received direct information you would go with that also.
[/quote]
As I did before you jumped with the false info reply, that's why it's called tenative schedule, maybe a lil lesson here for you falcon.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1172483" timestamp="1328472397"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=95425.msg1172467#msg1172467 date=1328468770]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=95425.msg1172466#msg1172466 date=1328468303]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=95425.msg1172398#msg1172398 date=1328447333]
Per Coach Hubbard via e-mail last night, this is the non-district schedule for San Augustine:

Week 1 - OPEN
Week 2 - Deweyville
Week 3 - Garrison
Week 4 - Hemphill
Week 5 - Tenaha

Coach Hubbard told me that Harmony was originally the Week 2 opponent but that Harmony dropped San Augustine Friday afternoon after he had revealed the schedule to the team in order to play an opponent closer to them (just like casualobserver had surmised).
[/quote]
Thanks for clearing that up Grad, some people just have a hard time comprehending certain words i.e. tentative.  ::) ;D
[/quote]

Your absolutely right, that is why I put that word in all caps on the schedules thread.  Even as theose matchups become a little more iron clad, it is STILL tentative.

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote
I think I have already acknowledged that, but it was received from direct information at noon on Friday. If you received direct information you would go with that also.
[/quote]
As I did before you jumped with the false info reply, that's why it's called tenative schedule, maybe a lil lesson here for you falcon.
[/quote]
No lesson for me, the lesson from this is going to be for Deweyville to get SA off the schedule after 4 years and 4 losses. You guys need to stick to the HD/WH district when you mess with 1A schools for your pre-district schedule.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1172514" timestamp="1328477123"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=95425.msg1172483#msg1172483 date=1328472397]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=95425.msg1172467#msg1172467 date=1328468770]

Week 1 - OPEN
Week 2 - Deweyville
Week 3 - Garrison
Week 4 - Hemphill
Week 5 - Tenaha

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote
[/quote]
[/quote]
No lesson for me, the lesson from this is going to be for Deweyville to get SA off the schedule after 4 years and 4 losses. You guys need to stick to the HD/WH district when you mess with 1A schools for your pre-district schedule.
[/quote]

::) You just don't give up do you, no matter how dumb you sound. At least your good for a laugh or two.  ;D

Regardless of who is on the schedule for SA.  They will have their hands full with this team.

Tyler Grace - Dont know much about em.
OPEN WEEK - Wouldnt mind seeing Joaquin in this spot...not sure if they are open or not.
Deweyville -  Deweyville lost a lot?  Someone correct me from Dville... Pretty good game, but SA was off big time in that game. 
Garrison - I imagine this will be at home...we will get that payback win!
Hemphill - Even though I hate to say it, if they get a defense they may be pretty good.  Also depends on if rumors are true about Twine moving or not even playing football all together. 
Teneha - Lost their stud player...not sure how they are going to look. 

The pre-season schedule is a pretty respectable one, a little tougher than our district I believe. 

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1173148" timestamp="1328565997"]
Regardless of who is on the schedule for SA.  They will have their hands full with this team.

Tyler Grace - Dont know much about em.
OPEN WEEK - Wouldnt mind seeing Joaquin in this spot...not sure if they are open or not.
Deweyville -  Deweyville lost a lot?  Someone correct me from Dville... Pretty good game, but SA was off big time in that game. 
Garrison - I imagine this will be at home...we will get that payback win!
Hemphill - Even though I hate to say it, if they get a defense they may be pretty good.  Also depends on if rumors are true about Twine moving or not even playing football all together. 
Teneha - Lost their stud player...not sure how they are going to look. 

The pre-season schedule is a pretty respectable one, a little tougher than our district I believe.
[/quote]
Deweyville is returning 6 offensive and 7 defensive starters for next year.  Injuries took a toll on Deweyville after the SA game and cost the Pirates.  SA got a full strength Pirate team that played the Wolves tough to the last whistle, we look forward to playing the Wolves again and hope for a good game like last years, I believe both teams will benefit from the game.

I agree with steelercrzy in that Deweyville will be a good game for SA.  Its a game that SA SHOULD win but they are going to have to play good solid fundamental football in order to do so.  There isn't a game on the pre-season schedule that will be "easy" for SA.  Tyler-Grace is a consistently good team at the TAPPS level that is going to lack the athleticism of SA but be very good at what they do.  I've already stated what I think of Deweyville.  Garrison graduates some key players, but they are Garrison and will be rebound just fine.  Hemphill will be alot like last year (i think losing the older Twine will hurt more than some may think) but you still have to stop Justin and that is no easy task.  Tenaha is going to be young but they are not going to be short on talent. 

SA is more than capable of winning every game on the pre-season schedule.  If the kids will buy into what Coach Hubbard is preaching in the off-season (and all of my reports say that they are) then this team has the potential to be special.  But all potential does is set you up for failure when you don't take that potential and work to turn it into results.

[quote name="casualobserver" post="1173265" timestamp="1328582610"]
I agree with steelercrzy in that Deweyville will be a good game for SA.  Its a game that SA SHOULD win but they are going to have to play good solid fundamental football in order to do so.  There isn't a game on the pre-season schedule that will be "easy" for SA.  Tyler-Grace is a consistently good team at the TAPPS level that is going to lack the athleticism of SA but be very good at what they do.  I've already stated what I think of Deweyville.  Garrison graduates some key players, but they are Garrison and will be rebound just fine.  Hemphill will be alot like last year (i think losing the older Twine will hurt more than some may think) but you still have to stop Justin and that is no easy task.  Tenaha is going to be young but they are not going to be short on talent. 

SA is more than capable of winning every game on the pre-season schedule.  If the kids will buy into what Coach Hubbard is preaching in the off-season (and all of my reports say that they are) then this team has the potential to be special.  But all potential does is set you up for failure when you don't take that potential and work to turn it into results.
[/quote]
Very good post, I think SA has the potential to have a long run in the playoffs.  Good luck to the Wolves.

[quote name="rlsmith1975" post="1173408" timestamp="1328630670"]
Wolverine, you can let go of your fantasy that Justin Twine is moving or that he won't be playing football. Don't know who started that, but there is no basis to either aspect of it.
[/quote]

I could care less where he goes.  We beat Hemphill with him at QB last year, just like we will this year. 

I only mentioned it due to the fact that within Twine Hemphill will have nothing.  What they do have is only because of him... So without him Hemphill's season would be shot.  With him you have a chance to win some games, but not many until Hemphill's defense is fixed. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476