Whos is the best in the new 19-4A

WordMan2

[quote name="oldrock" post="1178889" timestamp="1329344849"]
Well let's see now.  Someone is suggesting that Dayton's athletics and academics are not up to par.  I will concentrate on current Dayton athletes playing football in college.
Wright is at SMU, lots of playing time as a True Freshman and a very good GPA.
Ripkowski is at Oklahoma, lots of playing time as a True Freshman and a very good GPA.
Green is at Tulsa, lots of starts at Nebraska before transfering and, if I'm not mistaking, was on the Deans List.
As far as having completed their college careers we have Pearson from University of Texas and McQueen from Texas A&M, both with significant playing time and a college degree.  I'm sure there are others that I have missed but you cannot argue the fact that all of these young men graduated from, or are attending, a top quality college with a quality football program.
Just goes to prove that a high school diploma is the same, no matter what high school it is from.  They are all equal everywhere.
[/quote]
Amen! Great post!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="liltex" post="1178926" timestamp="1329351644"]
And Pearson was a DB coach @ UT Longhorns 8)
[/quote]

Ford Smesny at Mcneese state and also Payton Ploch at lamar, Dylan bethea at etbu and also John gable at ETBU, and Justin booth who transferred from rice to texas state to play football.

Smoking Baby - Purple through and through.  PhD from Marlboro University, graduated stogie-cum laude.  Chaired former committee on Price bashing, now referred to as the "Occupy" movement. 7th runner up point guard for the Harlem Globe Trotters midget camp of 1989.  Master goat breeder (if they have right lip stick) and in-training dog wisperer. Active bass guide and offshore fishing guide.  Master of humility and politcal correctness. 

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1178994" timestamp="1329358932"]
Smoking Baby - Purple through and through.  PhD from Marlboro University, graduated stogie-cum laude.  Chaired former committee on Price bashing, now referred to as the "Occupy" movement. 7th runner up point guard for the Harlem Globe Trotters midget camp of 1989.  Master goat breeder (if they have right lip stick) and in-training dog wisperer. Active bass guide and offshore fishing guide.  Master of humility and politcal correctness.
[/quote]

Good argument about my theory of all high school diplomas being equal.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1180552" timestamp="1329549113"]
p.s. i just pulled out my program... What is Dayton Smoking? We do return 11 Starters even according to the program.
[/quote]

I hate to say it but, the truth Crosby has plenty of talent and weapons to be very good next year. I don't care how many starters come back. The most productive members of Crosby's team are good solid kids that will develop into great leaders. That in itself should be enough to cause concern for the rest of 19-4A.

(Time to put my purple glasses back on)

Crosby still has no chance of beating Dayton, last year was their best chance for the foreseeable future.
But, in the words of Everett Hitch(Appaloosa 2008) "Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable what your life becomes".

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1180566" timestamp="1329572043"]
Not sure what Crosby, BH, or Dayton are worried about.  Those fine new folks on Beltway-8 are gonna spank all of us next year.
[/quote] Seriously? Don't be getting them "fine new folks" over there on beltway 8's hopes up there smoking baby... you "fine new folks",  there is a reason he is called the smoking baby.. I will leave you "fine new folks" with your thoughts on that reason ;D

Question?If you look @ football pics like 3 Dow Jones companies and you wanted to be successful @ investing for the ups/downs over the long term you'd pick solid performers w/a few risks pics that could pay off.My portfolio would read Dayt,Crosby,Summer Creek and penny stock BH ;D ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="1180813" timestamp="1329614007"]
Question?If you look @ football pics like 3 Dow Jones companies and you wanted to be successful @ investing for the ups/downs over the long term you'd pick solid performers w/a few risks pics that could pay off.My portfolio would read Dayt,Crosby,Summer Creek and penny stock BH ;D ;D
[/quote]

As your investment advisor, just so you know, 14% avg over 30 years on a "penny" is going to take a long time to retire.  Better hope them cows start dropping calfs like flies and beef goes up near the price of gold.  Futures don't look good for the other three choices......  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="oldrock" post="1180894" timestamp="1329655002"]
We must all remember that it is not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.  I would not count out anybody in this new district.  I look forward to some real good football next year.
[/quote]

No, No, No, you got it wrong Rock.  Always count them out so when they kick your tail it gives them something to brag aout.  That way when you beat them they have to eat their words.  That's what football is really about, the message board smack, not the W's.......... ;D ;D

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1181871" timestamp="1329845887"]
I believe when Lee went down to 4a they where supposed to be "beating" us to. GCM and Lee didn't do anything in our district. Just recognize those northern Yankee schools are moving down into our districts not the other way around.
[/quote]

If a tree fell in your back yard you could cross it into Summer Creek.  Everyone knows Hwy 90 seperates the "Yankees" from good folks (well except Barret Station) that is.  It used to be north of 90 and a land slide happened.  ;D ;D

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1181893" timestamp="1329848143"]
Dayton is further north by latitude than Crosby. Just pointing it out. In [b]my home state north of I-10 is refereed to as being Yankee. gotta love Louisiana.[/b]
[/quote]Well that explains it.. I used to live there.. notice I said LIVE there not from there... I couldn't wait to get back to Texas

[quote name="octfeb" post="1181994" timestamp="1329853399"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=95315.msg1181893#msg1181893 date=1329848143]
Dayton is further north by latitude than Crosby. Just pointing it out. In [b]my home state north of I-10 is refereed to as being Yankee. gotta love Louisiana.[/b]
[/quote]Well that explains it.. I used to live there.. notice I said LIVE there not from there... I couldn't wait to get back to Texas
[/quote]

Dayton! Where people from Louisiana can feel smarter ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1181998" timestamp="1329853617"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=95315.msg1181994#msg1181994 date=1329853399]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=95315.msg1181893#msg1181893 date=1329848143]
[/quote]

Dayton! Where people from Louisiana can feel smarter ;D
[/quote]Well if I were FROM Louisiana you might would have a point... But I'm not.. so have have NOTHING :-*

Has anyone heard about getting any Baytown Lee transfers ? I think we are past the deadline now and last I read they had 34 transfer to GCM and Sterling to compete in athletics next year. If any of them run a 4.5 or faster I would have picked them up every morning :)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1182154" timestamp="1329860235"]
Has anyone heard about getting any Baytown Lee transfers ? I think we are past the deadline now and last I read they had 34 transfer to GCM and Sterling to compete in athletics next year. If any of them run a 4.5 or faster I would have picked them up every morning :)
[/quote]Yeah they transferred to Dayton... One kid I heard got some wheels and not to shabby at football... LOL do ya believe me? LOL or not LOL  :o

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1182298" timestamp="1329871646"]
Last person I have seen run a 4.5 was at the family dollar on eagle drive. I have never seen a big woman move like that guess she was worried someone might see.
[/quote]

I think that was a Dayton women, she probally thought it was a dougnut place

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83