Dogs Escape Upset-PA News Article

[quote name="stevenash" post="1167792" timestamp="1327866374"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95086.msg1167783#msg1167783 date=1327864668]
Question...How does Nederland/PNG get FRONT PAGE of the PORT ARTHUR NEWS, and PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL gets page 3? ??? ???
[/quote]
It's the 27 game winning streak- you know- the one that troubles certain people
[/quote]
Not to worry...Next week that "streak" will be a distant memory.... ;)....and to certain people, life will be back to normal again...well almost.. 8)

[quote name="baddog" post="1167797" timestamp="1327867357"]
.....because it's Ned and PNG.....and it's well.....Memorial.  ;D

There is more circulation of the PA News in Ned and PNG than there is in PA. Do we have to go through all of this again?
[/quote]
Awww thats cold! ;D....Just Memorial huh?...cold...I noticed it yesterday, and was just wondering, because when it was LINCOLN.... ::) ::) ::)...You know the rest, I assume...If they are circulating more in Nederland and Port Neches, maybe they should call it the MID COUNTY NEWS.....I live in Nederland, but I was just wondering... 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1167799" timestamp="1327867600"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=95086.msg1167797#msg1167797 date=1327867357]

There is more circulation of the PA News in Ned and PNG than there is in PA. Do we have to go through all of this again?
[/quote]
Awww thats cold! ;D....Just Memorial huh?...cold...I noticed it yesterday, and was just wondering, because when it was LINCOLN.... ::) ::) ::)...You know the rest, I assume...If they are circulating more in Nederland and Port Neches, [b]maybe they should call it the MID COUNTY NEWS[/b].....I live in Nederland, but I was just wondering... 8)
[/quote]
Not a bad idea.  8)

Lincoln had front news coverage for 20+ years, and they deserved it. It was impressive to watch them dominate 4A basketball. Enjoyed watching them represent our area for all those years. Was hoping PAM would do the same in 5A, but I will settle for some Nederland success and enjoy it while it lasts!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1167799" timestamp="1327867600"]

[/quote]
Awww thats cold! ;D....Just Memorial huh?...cold...I noticed it yesterday, and was just wondering, because when it was LINCOLN.... ::) ::) ::)...You know the rest, I assume...If they are circulating more in Nederland and Port Neches, maybe they should call it the MID COUNTY NEWS.....I live in Nederland, but I was just wondering... 8)
[/quote]

The Beaumont surprise snubs us. What's a guy to do? Mid County News is fine with me and it would be successful.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1167794" timestamp="1327866595"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95086.msg1167792#msg1167792 date=1327866374]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95086.msg1167783#msg1167783 date=1327864668]
Question...How does Nederland/PNG get FRONT PAGE of the PORT ARTHUR NEWS, and PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL gets page 3? ??? ???
[/quote]
It's the 27 game winning streak- you know- the one that troubles certain people
[/quote]
Not to worry...Next week that "streak" will be a distant memory.... ;)....and to certain people, life will be back to normal again...well almost.. 8)
[/quote]

Some people will get such pleasure in ONE Nederland loss. Its inevitable that Nederland will eventually lose. At that point here is what will happen:

1. Nederland will still win the district championship
2. Nederland will continue their district championship win streak
3. Nederland will simply begin a new district game winning streak
4. It will not be the ultimate downfall that some hope for

[quote name="forum" post="1167943" timestamp="1327891219"]
You forgot one... Coach English will suddenly become a bad coach.
[/quote]
That will NOT happen...Nederland is an average team, as far as talent goes, but Coach English is an excellent coach....Thus, the MAIN reason for their recent success....Those kids play very hard, and are a disciplined group...They are not going to out-talent very many teams, but they get the job done. I know I give the Nederland fans a hard time, and its all in fun, but NO ONE will deny the fact that Coach E has done a masterful job in Nederland. Now...with that said....the streak ends this week....write it down!!  :D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1167951" timestamp="1327893763"]
[quote author=forum link=topic=95086.msg1167943#msg1167943 date=1327891219]
[/quote]
That will NOT happen...Nederland is an average team, as far as talent goes, but Coach English is an excellent coach....Thus, the MAIN reason for their recent success....Those kids play very hard, and are a disciplined group...They are not going to out-talent very many teams, but they get the job done. I know I give the Nederland fans a hard time, and its all in fun, but NO ONE will deny the fact that Coach E has done a masterful job in Nederland. Now...with that said....the streak ends this week....write it down!!  :D
[/quote]
You better show up on here this weekend to eat your crow if they don't lose. Or else I will never let you live it down.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1167951" timestamp="1327893763"]
[quote author=forum link=topic=95086.msg1167943#msg1167943 date=1327891219]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Dickie- How about a friendly wager between you and me?  If Nederland loses both games this week, I will pay you $250.  If they split, nobody pays anything.  If Nederland wins both games, you pay me $250.  Fair enough?

[quote name="baddog" post="1167832" timestamp="1327870569"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95086.msg1167799#msg1167799 date=1327867600]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[b]The Beaumont surprise snubs us.[/b] What's a guy to do? Mid County News is fine with me and it would be successful.
[/quote]

This is why we switched from the Surprise to the PA News because the local sports coverage is better.  My hubby loves his sports.

:o...just saw the challenge...BET $250? What if I wore a Nederland District champ t-shirt to the next Nederland game or something? I would have no problem betting the money if I had any control over situation in ANY way...I can have my thoughts on it all day long, but, if I cant directly affect it...Coach English can coach...and believe it or not, I believe in his ability to get it done against the odds, but although its UNLIKELY, I am not willing to bet money against him!..I will wear a shirt or a sign or something like that.... ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1168147" timestamp="1327945404"]
:o...just saw the challenge...BET $250? What if I wore a Nederland District champ t-shirt to the next Nederland game or something? I would have no problem betting the money if I had any control over situation in ANY way...I can have my thoughts on it all day long, but, if I cant directly affect it...Coach English can coach...and believe it or not, I believe in his ability to get it done against the odds, but although its UNLIKELY, I am not willing to bet money against him!..I will wear a shirt or a sign or something like that.... ;)
[/quote]
How bout the usual bet?

He wins both you will have to have a signature that says: "Coach Brian Enlgish is just as good as Coach Boutte."

And he looses both then i will change my signature to: "Coach Brian English is inferior to Coach Boutte in every single way possible."

Sound good?

[quote name="vp32" post="1168149" timestamp="1327945746"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95086.msg1168147#msg1168147 date=1327945404]
[/quote]
How bout the usual bet?

He wins both you will have to have a signature that says: "Coach Brian Enlgish is just as good as Coach Boutte."

And he looses both then i will change my signature to: "Coach Brian English is inferior to Coach Boutte in every single way possible."

Sound good?
[/quote]
Thats a BET!! 8)...Cyber shake on it! ;)

[quote name="vp32" post="1168149" timestamp="1327945746"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95086.msg1168147#msg1168147 date=1327945404]
:o...just saw the challenge...BET $250? What if I wore a Nederland District champ t-shirt to the next Nederland game or something? I would have no problem betting the money if I had any control over situation in ANY way...I can have my thoughts on it all day long, but, if I cant directly affect it...Coach English can coach...and believe it or not, I believe in his ability to get it done against the odds, but although its UNLIKELY, I am not willing to bet money against him!..I will wear a shirt
or a sign or something like that.... ;)
[/quote]
How bout the usual bet?

And he looses both then i will change my signature to: "Coach Brian
English is inferior to Coach Boutte in every single way possible."

Sound good?
[/quote]
That's hilarious VP32!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I have a friend who can print that t-shirt for him!
What size do you need DV?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1168156" timestamp="1327946741"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95086.msg1168149#msg1168149 date=1327945746]
[/quote]
How bout the usual bet?

Sound good?
[/quote]
Thats a BET!! 8)...Cyber shake on it! ;)
[/quote]
*shakes hand*

Good luck Dickie V.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
    • Come on dude, don’t take anything away from the kids on the field. If you want to talk uncharacteristic, we made what 3 or 4 errors in game one. Y’all had 2 EARNED runs.  Defense is normally our strong suit. Your ace didn’t strike out a single one of our kids. Like I said also, you did not out hit us in game 1. Hell you barley out hit us in game 2. We had all the uncharacteristic walks. Josh pitched a hell of a game is what made that game what it was.
  • Topics