Texas City vs. LaMarque Predictions

It is obvious that I am a guest on your excellent site and do not intend to take away from the chatter about the GT teams, but I am curious as to the comments concerning the predictions for the upcoming Texas City vrs LaMarque game. Being from and for the Coogs, and knowing that ya'll are familiar with the records of each and the history of the battles between these two programs what is it that would prompt you to pick the underdog? Would it be sentimental, or a connection having played one or the other? Knowing both programs very well, it is interesting to me to sample " neutral " parties opinions. Believe me there is plenty of SMACK on our home site, so real opinions are requested if you please. Thanks for any input that you might offer.........Wooooooosh!

It is obvious that I am a guest on your excellent site and do not intend to take away from the chatter about the GT teams' date=' but I am curious as to the comments concerning the predictions for the upcoming Texas City vrs LaMarque game. Being from and for the Coogs, and knowing that ya'll are familiar with the records of each and the history of the battles between these two programs what is it that would prompt you to pick the underdog? Would it be sentimental, or a connection having played one or the other? Knowing both programs very well, it is interesting to me to sample " neutral " parties opinions. Believe me there is plenty of SMACK on our home site, so real opinions are requested if you please. Thanks for any input that you might offer.........Wooooooosh![/quote']

Prolly since they beat Dayton they are rooting for Texas City bc they are good fans. I don't give a Rats bc my team was 3-6 1/2 so LaMarex LIVE IT UP. :lol: I just want the winner of your game to win state so we can quiet down all the fans from the north who think our football is DEAD. :shock:

It is obvious that I am a guest on your excellent site and do not intend to take away from the chatter about the GT teams' date=' but I am curious as to the comments concerning the predictions for the upcoming Texas City vrs LaMarque game. Being from and for the Coogs, and knowing that ya'll are familiar with the records of each and the history of the battles between these two programs what is it that would prompt you to pick the underdog? Would it be sentimental, or a connection having played one or the other? Knowing both programs very well, it is interesting to me to sample " neutral " parties opinions. Believe me there is plenty of SMACK on our home site, so real opinions are requested if you please. Thanks for any input that you might offer.........Wooooooosh![/quote']

My opinion as a GT resident and a LaMarque Alumni (Class of '83) is that it is just good, wholesome pride for one's hometown team...in thinking that "if the team that spanked us wins out, we can say we lost to the champs". I don't think it's anything personal against LM. And there's also the thing where people sometimes root for the underdog.

Nevermind the records...unless it is in their team's favor...or the margins of victory, or the opponents they've defeated. "They beat us so we want them to lose...nana, nana, boo, boo"

I would look for a lot of folks, anywhere in the state, to be "rooting" against LM...if not to pull for the underdog, to see "new blood" winning the crown.

Thanks for the replys guys. There is a highlite tape of LaMarque and Yates posted on the other site. Might give some insight to Coog non-believers. See ya'll next year at Reliant.

I will help you out.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5668168236299962459&q=la+marque

La Marque Wins this One....you can't always win the game on the back of one player.......Let's face it VY is not on the TC roster.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder