18 - 3A

txcan

It will be easier to stick your neck out with a prediction after this week....I'll go ahead and make mine...

Huntington
Jasper
Hudson
Central
Center
Diboll
Kirbyville

Central and Hudson may flip flop, but I'll take Hudson because of tradition, they always find a way.

Now those of you who wouldn't predict (no look) can tear my predictions apart...

[quote name="txcan" post="1161066" timestamp="1326688439"]
It will be easier to stick your neck out with a prediction after this week....I'll go ahead and make mine...

Huntington
Jasper
Hudson
Central
Center
Diboll
Kirbyville

Central and Hudson may flip flop, but I'll take Hudson because of tradition, they always find a way.

Now those of you who wouldn't predict (no look) can tear my predictions apart...
[/quote]My predictions aren't usually very good...lol...but I'm thinking the same way you are. Big game tuesday night with Hudson at Huntington.

This district has alot of parity this year.  There are 5 teams that could make the playoffs. 
The list you listed is about as close as you could guess.  Huntington could win the district with a strong finish (would be the first in 25 or so years), and should make the playoffs even if they dont.  Jasper, Center, Hudson, and Central all have a shot at the playoffs. Diboll and Kirbyville may struggle although I have seen where Diboll played some folks close.
My Prediction:

Huntington
Jasper
Central
Center
Hudson
Diboll
Kirbyville

Im obviously a homer but:

those who think Huntington wont make the playoffs, do you know that they have beat Central and Hudson already earlier in the year?  Does that count for anything?  I understand tourny play is what it is and district home/away games are a big part of the game, but I think they at least should be given a top three at this piont (this week is big).  Plus there is a little added rivalry with Central now as yall may know....

I believe Huntington deserves at the least a top 3 consideration.  I honestly believe they can win the district if they finish strong.
That being said, it will be tough for them to beat Hudson and Central 3 times in a
row.  And that is what they are looking at. 
Huntington has began district about as well as they could, except for the loss to Center.
Huntington has a better team than Central IMO, Central is still young, if they let the added rivalary affect them, they could be in for 2 close games.  They should approach the game as any other and they should win by 10-12.  I they play to the rivalary it will be a much closer game. JMO

I expect Jasper to win it all, but Huntington has the best combo of guard play and Hudson will find a way to win at home.

Jasper
Hudson
Central
Huntington
Center
Diboll
Kirbyville

The second half of this district will be the tell-tell story of this district; no team is great, but Jasper has some kids (Collins & Smith) that if they relax,  play and grow up quickly, they have the potential to separate themselves from the pack. Good luck Jasper!

[quote name="txcan" post="1161252" timestamp="1326752213"]
How many overtimes in district play so far? I think Huntington and Center had one, not sure but Huntington Jasper had one and I know Hudson Central was one... Anymore?
[/quote]Huntington @ Jasper was an overtime. Jasper was behind 17 in the fourth and came back. Huntington was lucky to get out of there with a win....

Ok, Huntington beats Hudson at home in an UGLY one IMO.  That makes Huntington 2 for 2 against Hudson but we still have to go to Hudson.  Huntington has Central Friday in Central and it's a game both teams need.  Central would drop to 3 and 3 with a lose and Huntington would lose the tie for first with Jasper (assuming they beat Diboll tonight).  Also a big game for Hudson and Center Friday? If Hudson drops that one they will move to 2-4. Playoffs wide open.

[quote name="txcan" post="1162060" timestamp="1326861112"]
Ok, Huntington beats Hudson at home in an UGLY one IMO.  That makes Huntington 2 for 2 against Hudson but we still have to go to Hudson.  Huntington has Central Friday in Central and it's a game both teams need.  Central would drop to 3 and 3 with a lose and Huntington would lose the tie for first with Jasper (assuming they beat Diboll tonight).  Also a big game for Hudson and Center Friday
[/quote]Not many turnovers in this game txcan. Is that what made it ugly?...lol. Thought it was a hard fought win......a couple scuffels and a roudy croud. Typical Hudson game.

Good win for Huntington.  Didnt see the game, but it sounds like they pulled away in the 3rd which is usually the case.  All the games are critical in district and home court does usually play a factor.  If they can beat Central at Central then it should help the overall look, because the second half of Huntington's schedule will be the tougher half IMO.
Central @Central to finish this half.
Break
Center @ Home
@ Diboll, could be close, but dont think it will
@ Kirbyville, they beat Kirbyville no matter where
Jasper @ Home, could be close, only team I see having a shot of beating them at home
@Hudson, will be tough at their gym and for the 3rd time
Central @ Home, will be a close game if both teams are still in hunt

Seems to me to be an easier 2nd half, only tough away game would be Hudson and having Jasper, Center and Central at home wil be good.
FT's and missed shots in the paint made it ugly....overall good game to watch. Glad to see the Hudson kids make the trip, always makes the games more exciting.

It may be, I say that because I dont think Center will beat them again even if they played at Center.  Diboll could be close at Diboll, Kirbyville (it dosent matter), Jasper at home and IMO the only team that has a shot at beating Huntington at home.  Huntington @ Hudson, dogfight.  Central shouldnt be trouble the last game, unless both teams are still in the hunt, very likely, and if Huntington dosent approach them as just another team, and if they have beat them 2 times already.
It is tough to beat a team 3 times in a year, unfortanate they met before district and had to play.  I think they will split.
But, who knows, it may be the easier end.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124