Sour grapes...

WOS92

I just saw this response from a particular ever-insightful and always-wrong BH fan, and I thought I'd clear up a misconception:

bh89-2 wrote:

WOS92 wrote:

Giddings is nowhere near the Trinity River. The only true "west of the Trinity" teams we played this year were Dayton and Liberty, who we beat by a combined 86-9 (way to represent, Westies). That's not including the donkey stomp we put on BH in a four-quarter scrimmage. Once you're past Houston, you don't count as a "west of the Trinity" team. You're a "west of Houston" team.

Sour grapes.......

OK, if we are East of Houston, you are East of Vidor.....

Good luck next year and please hold on to that scrimmage with BH....Next year will be even worse for us both.....

The term "sour grapes" is not the same as being a sore loser or jealous. The term is rationalization of a failure to attain a desired end. In the fable by Aesop, from which the term was drawn, a fox realizes that he can never hop high enough to reach the grapes. So, he rationalizes that even if he had reached them, they probably would have been too sour to eat. That's what "sour grapes" means. If WO-S (or any other) fans had said, "Being state champ is overrated anyway," THEN it would be "sour grapes."

Now you know...

And knowing is half the battle...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83