Jeff Bagwell

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1153712" timestamp="1325620713"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=93573.msg1153660#msg1153660 date=1325615314]
pamlerio,big mac, sosa, and Bonds should all make before bagwell makes it!!!
[/quote]

Why? They're cheaters. Bagwell to my knowledge has never been connected to  steroids. Imo anyone known to have taken peds should be banned from the hof.
[/quote]

I'm fairly convinced (by before and after pictures ) that Bagwell juiced. Just has not been connected. Now for what it's worth, I do think he did it for injury reasons.
JMO.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1153721" timestamp="1325621117"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=93573.msg1153712#msg1153712 date=1325620713]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=93573.msg1153660#msg1153660 date=1325615314]
pamlerio,big mac, sosa, and Bonds should all make before bagwell makes it!!!
[/quote]

Why? They're cheaters. Bagwell to my knowledge has never been connected to  steroids. Imo anyone known to have taken peds should be banned from the hof.
[/quote]

I'm fairly convinced (by before and after pictures ) that Bagwell juiced. Just has not been connected. Now for what it's worth, I do think he did it for injury reasons.
JMO.
[/quote]

Until its been proven there is no use in speculating who did and who didn't. We know sosa, bonds, mac and others used steriods and they don't belong in the hof for that reason.

Guest basketball25
bonds was already great when he played for the pirates!!! he was a 5 tool player, and he is 10 times better than bagwell bonds is a all-time great with steroids or without!!

[quote name="baseball25" post="1153775" timestamp="1325627005"]
bonds was already great when he played for the pirates!!! he was a 5 tool player, and he is 10 times better than bagwell bonds is a all-time great with steroids or without!!
[/quote]

He was a great player, but he made a decision to cheat so he shouldn't be  rewarded for it. Bonds never would've hit near as many hr as he did if he wouldn't of used  steroids. If you decide to break the rules then you don't go to the hof, it doesn't matter how good you could've been.

Guest basketball25
bonds is the only player with 400 hrs and 400 stolen baseball and he has 500 each!! 8 gold gloves and 7 mvps, you still have to be great at what you do and he was already great, still have to be discplined at the plate !!! i have been around alot of college players that cheayed and they still couldnt hit a curveball and etc gotta already be great at what u do, pitchers would go up 8 mph but still couldnt hit a back side of a barn, still have to throw strikes, get ahead in the count andl have movement on your fastball and have to be mentally tough!!!

[quote name="baseball25" post="1154034" timestamp="1325645972"]
bonds is the only player with 400 hrs and 400 stolen baseball and he has 500 each!! 8 gold gloves and 7 mvps, you still have to be great at what you do and he was already great, still have to be discplined at the plate !!! i have been around alot of college players that cheayed and they still couldnt hit a curveball and etc gotta already be great at what u do, pitchers would go up 8 mph but still couldnt hit a back side of a barn, still have to throw strikes, get ahead in the count andl have movement on your fastball and have to be mentally tough!!!
[/quote]

I agree steroids alone don't make you a good baseball player. Id you have skill the will definitely make you better. Bottom line is bonds cheated he doesn't belong in the hof no matter how good he was.

Guest basketball25
your just being a hater!!! the guy should be in the hof easy!!! let me guess u think clemens shouldnt be either???  dont hate the player hate the game, sosa and big mac brought baseball back!!! wasnt a steroid policy till like 2002 its baseballs fault for letting this go on for so long!!! bagwell started getting more injured when he couldnt juice up anymore!!

[quote name="baseball25" post="1154145" timestamp="1325654169"]
your just being a hater!!! the guy should be in the hof easy!!! let me guess u think clemens shouldnt be either???  dont hate the player hate the game, sosa and big mac brought baseball back!!! wasnt a steroid policy till like 2002 its baseballs fault for letting this go on for so long!!! bagwell started getting more injured when he couldnt juice up anymore!!
[/quote]

Typical blame everyone else other than the people who did the act. The players knew what they were doing was wrong not to mention steriods are  ILLEGAL. Let me say this again YOU decide to break the rules the punishment comes down on YOU, because only YOU are responsible for YOUR actions.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't speculate on players who may or may
not have used  steroids. Bagwell has no known connection to steriods.

Guest basketball25
lol how do you think pujos came back from a broken wrist in 2 weeks???? common sense man, always something out there you cant detect!!!

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1154155" timestamp="1325657945"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=93573.msg1154145#msg1154145 date=1325654169]
[/quote]

Typical blame everyone else other than the people who did the act. The players knew what they were doing was wrong not to mention steriods are  ILLEGAL. Let me say this again YOU decide to break the rules the punishment comes down on YOU, because only YOU are responsible for YOUR actions.

[/quote]

I got a bridge in Brooklyn I will sale you on the cheap..  ;)

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1154202" timestamp="1325685660"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=93573.msg1154155#msg1154155 date=1325657945]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=93573.msg1154145#msg1154145 date=1325654169]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not interested in a bridge, but I hear you've got some ocean front property in Arizona. If you can see the sea from the front porch I might just be interested. ;) ;D ;D

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1154416" timestamp="1325708649"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=93573.msg1154202#msg1154202 date=1325685660]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=93573.msg1154155#msg1154155 date=1325657945]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not interested in a bridge, but I hear you've got some ocean front property in Arizona. If you can see the sea from the front porch I might just be interested. ;) ;D ;D
[/quote]

Excellent, Falcon. Nice retort....some on here actually can take a little "ribbing".  ;D

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1153926" timestamp="1325636037"]
Honestly I'd like to see the hall hold out one more year so Biggio and Bagwell could go in together, now that would be awesome!
[/quote]

I am hoping for this very same thing. Hoping to make another trip up to Cooperstown next August.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83