WILLIS TACO BELL HOLIDAY CLASSIC THREAD/POST UPDATES HERE!

WOSgrad

Wednesday Games:

Beaumont Central vs. Bellaire Episcopal, 10:30 a.m.
Goodrich vs. Houston St. Agnes, 10:30 a.m.
Beaumont Kelly vs. Spring DeKaney, 12:00 p.m.
Dayton 58, Aldine MacArthur 23
Tomball vs. Splendora, 1:30 p.m.

[i]Winner's Bracket[/i]
Beaumont Central/Bellaire Episcopal winner vs. New Caney/Aldine Eisenhower, 4:30 p.m.
Goodrich/Houston St. Agnes winner vs. Waller/Klein Oak winner, 4:30 p.m.
Houston St. John's/Kingwood Park winner vs. Beaumont Kelly/Spring DeKaney winner, 6:30 p.m.
Dayton vs. Tomball/Splendora winner, 7:30 p.m.

[i]Consolation Bracket[/i]
Beaumont Central/Bellaire Episcopal loser vs. New Caney/Aldine Eisenhower loser, 4:30 p.m.
Goodrich/Houston St. Agnes loser vs. Waller/Klein Oak loser, 4:30 p.m.
Houston St. John's/Kingwood Park loser vs. Beaumont Kelly/Spring DeKaney loser, 6:30 p.m.

Wednesday Games RESULTS:

Beaumont Central 48, Bellaire Episcopal 27
Goodrich 43, Houston St. Agnes 53
Beaumont Kelly vs. Spring DeKaney, DeKaney Won (Score Unknown)
Tomball vs. Splendora, Tomball Won (Score Unknown)

[i]Winner's Bracket[/i]
Beaumont Central vs. New Caney/Aldine Eisenhower, 4:30 p.m.
Houston St. Agnes vs. Klein Oak, Klein Oak Won (Score Unknown)
Kingwood Park 43, Spring DeKaney 70
Dayton vs. Tomball, Dayton Lost (Score Unknown)

Bellaire Episcopal vs. New Caney/Aldine Eisenhower loser, 4:30 p.m.
Goodrich vs. Waller, 4:30 p.m.
Houston St. John's vs. Beaumont Kelly, 6:30 p.m.
MacArthur vs. Splendora, 7:30 p.m.

[quote name="rschuldt" post="1151843" timestamp="1325169124"]
Wednesday Games RESULTS:

Beaumont Central 48, Bellaire Episcopal 27
Goodrich 43, Houston St. Agnes 53
Beaumont Kelly vs. Spring DeKaney, DeKaney Won (Score Unknown)
Tomball vs. Splendora, Tomball Won (Score Unknown)

[i]Winner's Bracket[/i]
Beaumont Central vs. New Caney/Aldine Eisenhower, 4:30 p.m.
Houston St. Agnes vs. Klein Oak, Klein Oak Won (Score Unknown)
Kingwood Park 43, Spring DeKaney 70
Dayton vs. Tomball, Dayton Lost (Score Unknown)

Bellaire Episcopal vs. New Caney/Aldine Eisenhower loser, 4:30 p.m.
Goodrich vs. Waller, 4:30 p.m.
Houston St. John's vs. Beaumont Kelly, 6:30 p.m.
MacArthur vs. Splendora, 7:30 p.m.
[/quote]

Thanks!

Dayton won second game as well. I have yet to find who they played, but the fact of the matter is that they won. They will play tomorrow at Noon for the Gold Bracket Championship.

If anybody has found anything feel free to share. I have mainly been searching about the Internet all day and still do not have 100% of the games up to par. I will be grateful for any results.

[quote name="rschuldt" post="1152271" timestamp="1325211885"]
Dayton won second game as well. I have yet to find who they played, but the fact of the matter is that they won. They will play tomorrow at Noon for the Gold Bracket Championship.

If anybody has found anything feel free to share. I have mainly been searching about the Internet all day and still do not have 100% of the games up to par. I will be grateful for any results.
[/quote]

That is outstanding...Dayton is VERY under-rated!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1152273" timestamp="1325212099"]
[quote author=rschuldt link=topic=93515.msg1152271#msg1152271 date=1325211885]

[/quote]

That is outstanding...Dayton is VERY under-rated!
[/quote]
That's what I'm starting to think as well. From what I understand, the Tomball game that Dayton lost was close the whole time. I don't know Tomball's rankings or anything though. If Tomball is ranked low, then I am led to believe that we just had an "uh-oh" game.

Finally found some results on Chron.com, and after filling in what I could on my bracket, found out the following:

Beau. Central is playing for the Tournament Championship Tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. against Spring Dekaney

Dayton is playing in the Gold Bracket Championship Tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. against an unknown opponent (can't figure out who it will be, but it is between Klein, Concordia, St. Agnes, and a fourth unknown team)

I have yet to find any information past the second round for the consolation bracket, however, which is why I don't have anything for Goodrich and Kelly. Any help on these two would be much appreciated.

Here is rschuldt's bracket.  I better watch it, or he will replace me!  If you have some of the information to help get the brackets complete it would help him and me.

[img]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3235/willischamp1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5589/willischamp2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/355/willisother.jpg[/img]

Found this on yourhoustonnews.com

The Willis Ladykats finished off their 5th Annual Taco Bell Holiday Classic in style Wednesday, with senior Renata Marquez swishing a midcourt shot just before the buzzer to beat Beaumont Central 56-53 and give the team a seventh-place finish at the event.

Willis inbounded the ball needing to go the full court with seven seconds remaining. Marquez threw the ball in and got it right back before dribbling to midcourt and having to redirect after a defender stepped in her way. After she went another direction another defender stepped in her path and she heaved the shot that hit nothing but net with just a few seconds left.

“It was amazing,” Willis coach Kelly Savoy said. “Their kids were so in shock they didn’t grab the ball to inbound it.”

Kristen Hinds tied a school record with seven 3-pointers and finished with those 21 points. She tied the mark set by Mandy Anderson and tied by Monee Marquez. The trio will be in action today at the school’s alumni game and 3-point shooting contest.

Renata Marquez scored 17 against Central.

College Park took third place at the tourney, blasting Lorena 73-34 with Alexia Sanders and Megan Shafer each scoring 18 and Lexxus Ward 16. CP’s Danielle Munoz was named the tourney’s defensive MVP, while Lady Cav Priyanka Duvvuru made the all-tournamenet team along with Marquez.

Dekaney won the tournament, beating HCYA 57-46 in the final.

In other games Wednesday, Oak Ridge lost to Madisonville 67-37 in the consolation final, Waller beat Montgomery 42-37 and New Caney topped Eisenhower 41-30.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1152809" timestamp="1325309875"]
Found this on yourhoustonnews.com

The Willis Ladykats finished off their 5th Annual Taco Bell Holiday Classic in style Wednesday, with senior Renata Marquez swishing a midcourt shot just before the buzzer to beat Beaumont Central 56-53 and give the team a seventh-place finish at the event.

Willis inbounded the ball needing to go the full court with seven seconds remaining. Marquez threw the ball in and got it right back before dribbling to midcourt and having to redirect after a defender stepped in her way. After she went another direction another defender stepped in her path and she heaved the shot that hit nothing but net with just a few seconds left.

“It was amazing,” Willis coach Kelly Savoy said. “Their kids were so in shock they didn’t grab the ball to inbound it.”

Kristen Hinds tied a school record with seven 3-pointers and finished with those 21 points. She tied the mark set by Mandy Anderson and tied by Monee Marquez. The trio will be in action today at the school’s alumni game and 3-point shooting contest.

Renata Marquez scored 17 against Central.

College Park took third place at the tourney, blasting Lorena 73-34 with Alexia Sanders and Megan Shafer each scoring 18 and Lexxus Ward 16. CP’s Danielle Munoz was named the tourney’s defensive MVP, while Lady Cav Priyanka Duvvuru made the all-tournamenet team along with Marquez.

Dekaney won the tournament, beating HCYA 57-46 in the final.

In other games Wednesday, Oak Ridge lost to Madisonville 67-37 in the consolation final, Waller beat Montgomery 42-37 and New Caney topped Eisenhower 41-30.

[/quote]

Appeciate it, HillGuy!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1152788" timestamp="1325306494"]
Anyword on the Central/Dekaney game?
[/quote]

Dekaney beat Central 80-39, giving Central 2nd place in the Tournament.

As for the article: Thanks HillGuy for finding the article, but I am not sure if it is current or not. The Willis ISD website says 7th Annual. Thanks again for the effort! And congrats to the Lady Eagles in their tournament!

[quote name="rschuldt" post="1152842" timestamp="1325346235"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93515.msg1152788#msg1152788 date=1325306494]
Anyword on the Central/Dekaney game?
[/quote]

Dekaney beat Central 80-39, giving Central 2nd place in the Tournament.

As for the article: Thanks HillGuy for finding the article, but I am not sure if it is current or not. The Willis ISD website says 7th Annual. Thanks again for the effort! And congrats to the Lady Eagles in their tournament!
[/quote]

You know, you are correct...there was no date byline on it!  As confusing as it was to get any info out of this tournament online and the brackets were very complicated, it was difficult to figure out what was going on.  Usually the "Gold" bracket is the championship, but not in this case, ha....as hard as I try, I still can't even carry WOSgrad's water when it comes to research!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder