Georgia HS Coach Resigns for branding players!

Georgia Coach Resigns After Getting Busted For Branding Players

What a freakin numb skull!

Assistant football coach Mario Hansbrough resigned from Roswell High School after being accused of encouraging his high school football players to brand themselves.

Fulton County school officials say more than a dozen football players at Roswell High branded themselves as a show of solidarity for their team, encouraged by Hansbrough.

Player Morten Mathiaseen bears a scar which he says he does not regret. Mathiaseen says the players heated up inch-long paper clips, and placed them on their chests, creating an oval scar.

Hansbrough resigned shortly after the school began investigating the incident.

“There were allegations made by several students two weeks prior to the winter break, regarding students who were involved in the branding, and an investigation took place at that point,†said Roswell High principal Dr. Ed Spurka.

Eight years ago, Hansbrough resigned from another local high school after allowing a profane rap song to be played at a basketball game.

After resigning from Cherokee High School, Hansbrough was hired at Roswell High.

“I learned of that Thursday, after he resigned,†Spurka said. “I didn’t hire Coach Hansbrough, so I wasn’t aware of that allegation or the situation.â€

Despite his troubles with the school, some students remain loyal. But some feel that the impression he left should not have been so permanent.

The players say they were inspired by a fraternity Greek letter they saw branded on Hansbrough’s arm.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest bulldogbark

this happened at a school last year also....I thingk if you want to do something like that...heck dye your hair , shave your head , paint your toenails blue...but no need to do something that will be there for the rest of your life.....wonder who will hire him next?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont