Johnathan Gray Vs. Tre Williams

SFAJACK02

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="The GOAT" post="1148626" timestamp="1324329461"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=93274.msg1148589#msg1148589 date=1324323923]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=93274.msg1148552#msg1148552 date=1324319114]
I'm taking Williams. Gray seems to run a little high to me, Williams has a nice forward lean when he runs and it seems effortless and natrual.
[/quote]thats a joke right. You think gray runs a little high I guess thats why he is the most sought after running back in the country. Find one scouting report that puts williams ahead of gray bet you cant
[/quote]Like i said, look @ the forward lean.
[/quote]
Forward lean my spleen!  Do you think Barry Sanders was ever conscious of his forward lean?  Instincts BABY, instincts.  Both of these backs this year are EXCELLENT.  How can you go wrong with either one of them?  You guys are just pontificating on your personal choices to the extent that it's rediculous.  If you recruit either one of them to your school then head to the drawing board and start drawing up plays that features THEIR features!  Jeeeeeez, it's not rocket science. ::)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="bronco pride" post="1148634" timestamp="1324330900"]
Tre williams is not the second ranked running back in the country. I think tre williams is great but jg is in a league of his own. He had almost 3500 yds and 59 tds in the regular season. He has 205 career tds the national all time record. He has done things that probably wont happen again. I just think he has been so good people take it for [u][b]granite.[/b][/u][/quote]
Good grief!!!  The word is "granted."

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1148634" timestamp="1324330900"]
Tre williams is not the second ranked running back in the country. I think tre williams is great but jg is in a league of his own. He had almost 3500 yds and 59 tds in the regular season. He has 205 career tds the national all time record. He has done things that probably wont happen again. I just think he has been so good people take it for granite.
[/quote]

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2886;_ylt=ArGsHJT8QOxdaPWo.UT1J_tGPZB4

Your the same guy who said that Gray outweighed Williams by 25 pounds.

Why does anyone care what a recruiting service ranks anyone? :D  Does any ranking  prove which kid will be better? To argue who is better is like people who argue which is better a BMW or a Mercedes! Both have a chance to be great! ;D There is not a college coach in the country who makes their choice on players by looking at what the recruiting gurus say!

They don't chose their players on stats either. As mentioned Gray has a much better OL and his team has more weapons besides him. They both have the ability to do great things! No one is saying Gray is not great. I am not even saying Williams is better. And anyone trying to say either one is greater right now is just doing so because they are an A&M or UT fan. Just saying both are top high school players with a chance to do great things.

[quote name="oldollie" post="1148688" timestamp="1324337490"]
They don't chose their players on stats either. As mentioned Gray has a much better OL and his team has more weapons besides him. They both have the ability to do great things! No one is saying Gray is not great. I am not even saying Williams is better. And anyone trying to say either one is greater right now is just doing so because they are an A&M or UT fan. Just saying both are top high school players with a chance to do great things.
[/quote]  I think that is what I am trying to tell this guy.  OK.  He doesn't believe Rivals.  In his mind, Williams is only the 6th or 7th best running back IN THE COUNTRY.  Still splitting hairs, like I said in my first post.  Some people think Williams is better and played against better competition..  Get over it.

The ranking mean nothing when you go off to college it's no more shelter at home. If you go back thru time there is more 5 stars that don't suceed in college then do. The history records will prove that. Brandon Williams is a 5 star and a hell of a player but what is the deal with the kid leaving OU. Hmmm It's not like Summerlin is going to run the ball. Mike Davis is not a 5 star recruit it's no one the kid was inured last yr as a Jr. Look at his numbers compared to Trey Green at Ozen and you will see what the problem is with rankings. Matt Davis is a 4 star for by all recruiting services numbers ranging from 108 - 121. Goodluck I can see the guy playing another postion in college.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami