Toupe or not to pay.......

Guest KHS 89

What is the deal with this Ric Renner's hair piece on FSHouston High School Scoreboard show??? Aside from him appearing to be the biggest tool in the toolshed, that raccoon on his head makes it very difficult to concentrate on any factual information which may or may not be coming from his mouth.

Is there not ANYONE else that fox could find to carry the high school sports wrap-up?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="KHS 89" post="1148156" timestamp="1324186720"]
What is the deal with this Ric Renner's hair piece on FSHouston High School Scoreboard show??? Aside from him appearing to be the biggest tool in the toolshed, that raccoon on his head makes it very difficult to concentrate on any factual information which may or may not be coming from his mouth.

Is there not ANYONE else that fox could find to carry the high school sports wrap-up?
[/quote]
I agree with you about Renner's delivery.  He just gets all over me.  I'm thinking he's the network's head guy's "Brother-in-law."  But  . . .  that hair is REAL.  He can't just get a hair cut, he has to have it harvested.  I have a good friend with hair like that.  Back in the day, it made for a great flat top. :D 8)

Why is he the one chosen?  This thread is an example.  We are talking about him, which means we watched.  And because we are talking about him, others who have yet to tune into their scoreboard/wrapup show (if there is anybody left who hasn't) will tune in if nothing else but to view this guy we have been talking about.

And the worst part is that they figure that after we view it once, no matter what we think about how horrible Ric Renner is, we will continue to tune in because it is, after all, about high school football in Texas.  And they are probably right.

Very true...He's definitely not going to be mistaken for anyone else...Everyone knows who he is and thus the brand he represents...

He used to get on my nerves however I've almost come to like him....When you think of television HS football highlights/coverage he's one of the first people that come to mind....Lots of people have grown up watching him deliver highlights and that type of recognition and brand loyalty has probably made him firmly entrenched for as long as he wants....

He somewhat reminds me of the late Marvin Zindler of Houston ABC news...When I moved to Houston from out of state years ago the first thing I thought was "who and what is this guy?" He seemed absurd and over the top...After figuring out what he was all about and his revered status among many Houstonians I found myself almost entertained with some of his on the air antics...The hair, glasses, outlandish suits, chasing people down and making them uncomfortable and coercing them to do the right thing (most of the time) along with his "slime in the ice machine" reports almost become enjoyable to watch....I wouldn't watch the broadcast just to see him but if I happened to be flipping thru the channels and he was coming up I sure wasn't going to change it....

You've usually got to have something that makes you stand out from your competitors and both of these guys have/had that (whether you personally cared for it or not)

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1148178" timestamp="1324213514"]
Why is he the one chosen?  This thread is an example.  We are talking about him, which means we watched.  And because we are talking about him, others who have yet to tune into their scoreboard/wrapup show (if there is anybody left who hasn't) will tune in if nothing else but to view this guy we have been talking about.

And the worst part is that they figure that after we view it once, no matter what we think about how horrible Ric Renner is, we will continue to tune in because it is, after all, about high school football in Texas.  And they are probably right.
[/quote]

I agree with you, we will continue to watch...but only because it's really the only game in town.  Which is no excuse for hacks like him to be on the air.  Coca Cola is still the number on soft drink manufacturer, but is also the number one advertiser of their products because they know someone will sneak up and take market share...Fox SW should take notes and get someone we can stomach listening to in there

Craig Way, on the other hand, is great.  I've worked with him for years and that guy is an encyclopedia of Texas HS Football...but Renner is like a caracature that's there to entertain, when he acutally just makes me want to slam my nuts between my cupboard doors

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder