HAMSHIRE-FANNETT VS. KOUNTZE BROADCAST (EVADALE)/H-F WINS 67-66!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Ochocinco" post="1137053" timestamp="1322830080"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=92555.msg1136974#msg1136974 date=1322799948]
Is HF that good OR Kountze that bad???
[/quote]Lazeek, I want you to answer these same sarcastic questions in a few years!! You of all know that Kountze isn't that bad, How about they're just that Young. Too young right now to compete with 3 and 4a schools.
[/quote]

I have seen Kountze this year.  They have talent, and they are young.  And they will be fine in their district and region this year.  I agree that they are not on the level of HJ and Silsbee this year, but I would have never dreamed of HF beating the Lions.  Neither would you!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kountze doesn't call the timeout @ the end they win the game and this is a non issue.  I will say that HF played really good man to man defense getting all over Kountze and doing a very good job on the Lynn kid.  He wound up in double figures but was not much of a factor.  They did a good job in keeping him out of the half court set.  That was part of issue that I have seen with Kountze this season.  In years past they were a better half court team but this year in the 2 games I have watched they have struggled.  Still think they will be ok.  I also thought Malveau did a solid job in not trying to block shots like he did last year.  HF also did a much better job against the press and really scored at will against the press.  Not sure why he stayed with it as it was not very effective and led to alot of easy HF baskets.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="1137086" timestamp="1322834334"]
[color=red]If Kountze doesn't call the timeout @ the end they win the game and this is a non issue.[/color]  I will say that HF played really good man to man defense getting all over Kountze and doing a very good job on the Lynn kid.  He wound up in double figures but was not much of a factor.  They did a good job in keeping him out of the half court set.  That was part of issue that I have seen with Kountze this season.  In years past they were a better half court team but this year in the 2 games I have watched they have struggled.  Still think they will be ok.  I also thought Malveau did a solid job in not trying to block shots like he did last year.  HF also did a much better job against the press and really scored at will against the press.  Not sure why he stayed with it as it was not very effective and led to alot of easy HF baskets.
[/quote]Non-issue? Well I'm sure there were many other things that happened in the game that were non issues. Such as, missed free throws, missed layups, errant passes, etc. The bottom line is what name goes into the winning column.  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1137093" timestamp="1322835240"]
[quote author=Wildcatter link=topic=92555.msg1137086#msg1137086 date=1322834334]
[color=red]If Kountze doesn't call the timeout @ the end they win the game and this is a non issue.[/color]  I will say that HF played really good man to man defense getting all over Kountze and doing a very good job on the Lynn kid.  He wound up in double figures but was not much of a factor.  They did a good job in keeping him out of the half court set.  That was part of issue that I have seen with Kountze this season.  In years past they were a better half court team but this year in the 2 games I have watched they have struggled.  Still think they will be ok.  I also thought Malveau did a solid job in not trying to block shots like he did last year.  HF also did a much better job against the press and really scored at will against the press.  Not sure why he stayed with it as it was not very effective and led to alot of easy HF baskets.
[/quote]Non-issue? Well I'm sure there were many other things that happened in the game that were non issues. Such as, missed free throws, missed layups, errant passes, etc. The bottom line is what name goes into the winning column.  ;)
[/quote]

Good point, Dove.  Did you feel the same way last Friday afternoon?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1137141" timestamp="1322838051"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92555.msg1137093#msg1137093 date=1322835240]
[quote author=Wildcatter link=topic=92555.msg1137086#msg1137086 date=1322834334]
[/quote]

[/quote]last Friday afternoon? ??? Memory faded  ??? Next topic please.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1137149" timestamp="1322838321"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=92555.msg1137141#msg1137141 date=1322838051]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92555.msg1137093#msg1137093 date=1322835240]
[/quote]

[/quote]last Friday afternoon? ??? Memory faded  ??? Next topic please.
[/quote]

I am so sorry you chose this board to validate your onset of Alzheimers.  The good news is that the topic will soon be forgotten once we get back to how weak HJs schedule is.

[quote name="utfan06" post="1136924" timestamp="1322797004"]
Anything but!! I know we lost some players but that was ridiculous! !
[/quote]

LMAO! Was it really that bad 'utfan'?

Please tell me it wasn't.  :(

I'm thinking these kids are playing with no heart or motivation these days. SMH

H-F had quite a few buckets off breaking Kountze's press last night thats def good to see when you have WOS Silsbee and H-J that press really well. The Horns came out hot and put together a great 1st quarter and half of the 2nd quarter and then their swith turned off for some reason and they let Kountze back in it with turnovers and just spotty defense. I give some serious props to Kountze for battling and getting themselves back in it and taking advantage of those mistakes. I say all the time if you let a quality team just hang around and hang around it will end up biting you in the butt and it nearly did last night. On a positive note though my horns kept their cool and put together a really good play last night to win it. Thats a pretty solid squad that H-F has and I love watching them play. Keep up the good work guys and clean up the turnovers.

Very disciplined against the press.  They also played very good defense most of the game.  Just not sure why the kid called time out and then why he was kid throwing the ball in as their best freee throw shooter.  On a side note, does the HF coach ever stop yelling? Was surprised at how few kids HF had on the bench, has some kids quit left HF?  Not counting the doves.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="1137675" timestamp="1322865512"]
Very disciplined against the press.  They also played very good defense most of the game.  Just not sure why the kid called time out and then why he was kid throwing the ball in as their best freee throw shooter.  On a side note, does the HF coach ever stop yelling? Was surprised at how few kids HF had on the bench, has some kids quit left HF?  Not counting the doves.
[/quote]not surprising. Coach Decello is IMO the Bob Knight of HS Hoops. Very Emotional but one of the best all around coaches out there...

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="1137675" timestamp="1322865512"]
[/quote]Whats wrong with yelling?

Kountze is a little smaller this year than they have been in the past which has cut down on their steals on the defensive end.They seem to be playing 1 on 5 on the offensive end.They need someone to step up and put pressure on the defense,that will open Linn up on the perimeter.When he gets back to that type of game the Lions will be fine.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder