19-4A All-District

oldrock

If it hasn't changed each school gets one vote, usually the head coach votes but i'm sure he gets input from his assistants prior to the voting. Also gets help on who to nominate. You're not supposed to be able to vote on your own nomination (usually your kid) but I have seen it happen. Supposed to be a honor system with the voting. But I also have seen a coach nominate a kid from another team when it's that obvious on who needs to win the award. As for honorable mention, it's usually a player a coach nominated but didn't get enough votes to make 1st or 2nd team. So basically anybody who was nominated, again each district has their own voting system.

[quote name="RedNeck_From_Hill" post="1135599" timestamp="1322680149"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=92483.msg1135398#msg1135398 date=1322667593]
How did tyler newcomb not get offensive mvp. Im not a bh fan by any means but his numbers speak for themselves. I know I gave him a hard time throughout the year but that was just smack would have loved him on the bronx.
[/quote]
Nice post and we are all SMACK talkers, it all goes with being competitive.  [b]I think it is pretty obvious that there were some "deals" made to get some of these kids names on the list[/b]. It appears to start with some of the First Team Defense and MVP.  I am shocked that Garrett Dolan is not there and even more shocked that Newcomb wasn't MVP and that Duke isn't on First Team Offense ...... These picks are "fishy" (Big Time).
[/quote]

I know, you are not serious.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1136092" timestamp="1322740276"]
[quote author=RedNeck_From_Hill link=topic=92483.msg1135599#msg1135599 date=1322680149]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=92483.msg1135398#msg1135398 date=1322667593]
How did tyler newcomb not get offensive mvp. Im not a bh fan by any means but his numbers speak for themselves. I know I gave him a hard time throughout the year but that was just smack would have loved him on the bronx.
[/quote]
Nice post and we are all SMACK talkers, it all goes with being competitive.  [b]I think it is pretty obvious that there were some "deals" made to get some of these kids names on the list[/b]. It appears to start with some of the First Team Defense and MVP.  I am shocked that Garrett Dolan is not there and even more shocked that Newcomb wasn't MVP and that Duke isn't on First Team Offense ...... These picks are "fishy" (Big Time).
[/quote]

I know, you are not serious.
[/quote]

Don't think any "deals" were made.  I do agree that Dolan should have been on the 1st Team.  Not to knock any of the other LBs on that list, but he was one of the best players on the field in every game that I watched BH play.

The most important person to a teams offense is an MVP for that team not for the whole district.  The emphasis for a district MVP would be what they did compared to everyone in the district not just one team.  In other words, who outperformed everyone else in the district.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1135743" timestamp="1322690902"]
Austin Walter should've been the offensive MVP. Hands down most productive offensive player on the district's best offense, with the district's best numbers.
[/quote]

I agree that it should have been Austin or Tyler. Tyler has a better average yard per carry that Austin did and I garuntee thatTyler didn't have as many long break away runs as Austin did. Tyler is my vote for MVP. Denny does a great job running the offense at BH, but his numbers do not warrent the MVP IMO.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1136517" timestamp="1322766420"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=92483.msg1135743#msg1135743 date=1322690902]
Austin Walter should've been the offensive MVP. Hands down most productive offensive player on the district's best offense, with the district's best numbers.
[/quote]

I agree that it should have been Austin or Tyler. Tyler has a better average yard per carry that Austin did and I garuntee thatTyler didn't have as many long break away runs as Austin did. Tyler is my vote for MVP. Denny does a great job running the offense at BH, but his numbers do not warrent the MVP IMO.
[/quote]

So Austin gets penalized for being the every down back? Sorry bud i just think this says it all.

Austin Walter - Crosby
Rush: 207 att, 1359 yds, 16 TDs, 6.57 avg
Recv: 20 catches, 184 yds, 2 TDs
1st Place Rushing
1st Place Points Scored (110)
1st Place All-Purpose Yards (1543)

See those 1's that means hes better than anyone else in district.

As for the discussion of offensive MVP, if the statement "most important offensive player for his team" where the case then Merka would have won that award all 3 years he played. It's simply fallacious to say that. Austin was the most explosive and exceptional offensive player in the District period. Why would you penalize him because his brother is good too? that makes no sense.

Merka got messed over every year. Im a bronco fan and it still shocked me how he always got looked over. Last year without merka the coogs would have been lucky to win 5 games. Everybody knows that these awards alot of the time are a joke and have no merit its just the way it is. I think the offensive mvp of 19 4a is an example of that.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1138400" timestamp="1322917503"]
Merka got messed over every year. Im a bronco fan and it still shocked me how he always got looked over. Last year without merka the coogs would have been lucky to win 5 games. Everybody knows that these awards alot of the time are a joke and have no merit its just the way it is. I think the offensive mvp of 19 4a is an example of that.
[/quote]

+1 Bronco fan who is realistic.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1138331" timestamp="1322891821"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=92483.msg1136517#msg1136517 date=1322766420]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=92483.msg1135743#msg1135743 date=1322690902]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So Austin gets penalized for being the every down back? Sorry bud i just think this says it all.

Austin Walter - Crosby
1st Place Rushing

[b]See those 1's that means hes better than anyone else in district.[/b]

As for the discussion of offensive MVP, if the statement "most important offensive player for his team" where the case then Merka would have won that award all 3 years he played. It's simply fallacious to say that. Austin was the most explosive and exceptional offensive player in the District period. Why would you penalize him because his brother is good too? that makes no sense.
[/quote]

Wrong again ;D It just means that he got the ball more times, not that he was better! The yards per carry says more than the total yards IMO.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1138400" timestamp="1322917503"]
[/quote]

I think if it would have been a Bronco you would have been all for it ;) I wouldn't go as far as it is a joke and has not merit! Without Caleb BH is deffinitly a different team, but I think he fits in about about the 3-5 spot on player stats in the district.

Its not the mvp for the team its for having outstanding offensive numbers in your district. I would also like to tell you he was no where near the top 3 to 5 in offensive output. His numbers for a qb were about the lowest in our district. He had less than 1200 yds passing and rushing. That is very weak considering he played 11 games and besides I was saying newcomb should have won the award.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1140710" timestamp="1323191363"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=92483.msg1138331#msg1138331 date=1322891821]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=92483.msg1136517#msg1136517 date=1322766420]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Austin Walter - Crosby
1st Place Rushing

[b]See those 1's that means hes better than anyone else in district.[/b]

[/quote]

Wrong again ;D It just means that he got the ball more times, not that he was better! The yards per carry says more than the total yards IMO.
[/quote]

It also means he had to carry more of the load, and that he still played effectively for 4 quarters. If the cougars would have had another back to take some of the 3 and 1 runs, he probably would have had a much higher yard per carry average. He didn't have a FB to take the 1 yard run on 3rd and 1, he ran it for 1 yard. Also the statement makes little to no sense when you compare the # of points he had. Or the fact that getting a good ypc on 10 rushes a game when people are geared to stop ur qb, is much easier than getting a good ypc when your the guys everyone in the district is trying to stop.

Simply your ypc crutch is the only argument you can make, and when also comparing the # td's, the dual threat nature of Austin, and the fact that he is 1) a better back, and 2) more explosive than any player on the BH squad. Stop being a homer and recognize the immense talent that is Austin Walter. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83