Eastex Rut Meter

rip2506

Give your opinion as to where we are or evidence you have seen to the contrary.

I am aware of the general principle as it depends and can be regional.

I am at 96 and 255 and I saw hard evidence of pre-rut activity in Mid to late Oct.. scrapes .. rubs.. all of this is none existent right now.. which leads me to believe they have been breeding for around two to three weeks or more and  we are done... someone please give evidence of the contrary.. buck nose down on doe trail etc.

grabbing for straws and do not want it to end just yet.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1134579" timestamp="1322594430"]
in East Texas i saw a buck tailing a doe this past Friday, and Sunday, after a heavy rain the night before, my dad found a fresh scrape.  Our lease burned, though, so i don't really know if our rut has been messed up out there because the does were stressed.
[/quote]

keep it coming boyz!  KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

The Lord heard my request... saw evidence here in Beaumont that the rut is still in full effect.... I was going to my home off Walden rd and in a big cattle pasture which I have never seen deer after 8 years of living here.. I saw a doe being tended by a buck...5:15pm. I rush home maybe 300yds from the sighting and go get my binoculars to get a positive id on the buck. ( shooter, non shooter) well when I get back the doe is 30yds from the road up against the barb wire fence buck 45yds from the fence.. I pull over and just watch for a minute when a fed ex truck needs me to move up so he can pull into the new edition. I oblige him and that is when the doe spooks a breaks out into a full on top end sprint and the buck hits the nitrous bottle and is right on her tail... reminded me of top gun when the pilot was trying to shake the enemy... crazy.... she would break left and he would break left... she would break hard right and he would break hard right... ( you know in eastexas with all the trees you cannot see all this activity)  it was awesome.. she finally gives up and stops out in the middle of the pasture... and he strolls up to her and says.. you thought you were going to loose me didn't you.  Now come to big Papa.

The buck appeared to be an 8pt ( never got a side view) but was not symmetrical and just under 13 inches but sure was cool to watch..

I am hunting tomorrow for sure!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83