Fight mars end of Ozen's playoff run

SgtRey

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="1132523" timestamp="1322369766"]
That's sad, unexcusable and downright embarrassing to me. I can understand a little jaw jacking but when it comes to this, individuals need to be reprimanded. I'm not one to point fingers because I think wrong is wrong no matter how you slice it. I have been a LM fan for 30 years and I have never seen such extreme disorder by a LM team or few. The Lumberton fiasco was just jaw jacking from both sides and both teams were reprimanded on both sidelines one at a time and that pretty much contained the situation from escalating any further.

This on the other hand is completely unacceptable and although it's hard to discern all that were involved in the melee for now but whoever is found to have swung helmets or kicked players while they were down on the ground should be suspended from next weeks game on the LM side. Ozen isn't my concern because they should handle their own business appropriately. I don't care about winning or losing next week as this behavior is outrageous. If you can't figure out who to punish on the LM side then the Uil should disqualify LM from the playoffs. I love my Coogs but sometimes you have to do what is the right thing to do. If I catch flack for voicing my opinion then so be it!
[/quote] Good Post !

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BWOOD" post="1132470" timestamp="1322367026"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=92289.msg1132441#msg1132441 date=1322365823]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Fight-mars-end-of-Ozen-s-playoff-run-2294207.php#photo-1797141

Check these pics out....sad...
[/quote]

After seeing the pictures man the cops are big.  The cops should be disciplined and held accountable for their actions.  This is the example of misconduct on the part of the cops.

I talked to a local school district police chief.  He said that school district policy states that the only way event officers would get involved in a "on field" fight, before, during or after a game, between uniformed players is if the coach, administrator, superintendent or any other school official ordered the police officers to intervene.  He said that it is the responsibility of the coaches to control or intervene in any incidents involving players.

[b]This p**** me off.  Mr. Big cop with his arm in the throat of a 17 year old football player.  I bet the cop went home and bragged to his family what he done.[/b]
[/quote] And I bet you have a problem with authority all the way around. He was doing his job.

That's sad, unexcusable and downright embarrassing to me. I can understand a little jaw jacking but when it comes to this, individuals need to be reprimanded. I'm not one to point fingers because I think wrong is wrong no matter how you slice it. I have been a LM fan for 30 years and I have never seen such extreme disorder by a LM team or few. The Lumberton fiasco was just jaw jacking from both sides and both teams were reprimanded on both sidelines one at a time and that pretty much contained the situation from escalating any further.

This on the other hand is completely unacceptable and although it's hard to discern all that were involved in the melee for now but whoever is found to have swung helmets or kicked players while they were down on the ground should be suspended from next weeks game on the LM side. Ozen isn't my concern because they should handle their own business appropriately. I don't care about winning or losing next week as this behavior is outrageous. If you can't figure out who to punish on the LM side then the Uil should disqualify LM from the playoffs. I love my Coogs but sometimes you have to do what is the right thing to do. If I catch flack for voicing my opinion then so be it!
[/quote] Great post... I agree there should be some discipline taken. And I think the UIL SHOULD look into it. *high five*

[/quote]

Thank You!!  You took the words right out of my mouth!!

Seriously??!! 

[quote name="BWOOD" post="1132470" timestamp="1322367026"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=92289.msg1132441#msg1132441 date=1322365823]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Fight-mars-end-of-Ozen-s-playoff-run-2294207.php#photo-1797141

Check these pics out....sad...
[/quote]

After seeing the pictures man the cops are big.  The cops should be disciplined and held accountable for their actions.  This is the example of misconduct on the part of the cops.

I talked to a local school district police chief.  He said that school district policy states that the only way event officers would get involved in a "on field" fight, before, during or after a game, between uniformed players is if the coach, administrator, superintendent or any other school official ordered the police officers to intervene.  He said that it is the responsibility of the coaches to control or intervene in any incidents involving players.

This p**** me off.  Mr. Big cop with his arm in the throat of a 17 year old football player.  I bet the cop went home and bragged to his family what he done.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don'y always agree with your tone or your posts, but I will give credit where it's due. +1 for taking a stand against this ridiculus behavior.

I agree Octfeb. Every year we see more of this kind of crap. Either in person close to home, or by video, news story or whatever. Point is that it's happening more and more. It has to stop NOW before a kid gets seriously hurt or killed. It's a only game! I wish the UIL would get serious about stopping it. I'm talking about program discipline, playoff disqualifications, whatever it takes. I'm sorry for the good fans of Ozen and LM.

It is only going to get worse before it gets better. Coaches and teachers have "NO" control anymore and it is not their fault. Bring paddling back to schools. Schools lost control when they quit paddling. JMO of course. Someone made a comment earlier about young people not fearing or respecting authority. BINGO!!!!!! Believe me it is at every single school.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1132699" timestamp="1322404348"]
It is only going to get worse before it gets better. Coaches and teachers have "NO" control anymore and it is not their fault. Bring paddling back to schools. Schools lost control when they quit paddling. JMO of course. Someone made a comment earlier about young people not fearing or respecting authority. BINGO!!!!!! Believe me it is at every single school.
[/quote]I agree... bring the paddling and true discipline back.  Quit letting them get away with every darn thing.  There should be consequences to their actions.  I see kids everyday that doesn't know how to say "yes sir" and "yes mam"... when I was young my Dad slap the shit out of me for not addressing my elders with respect.  Excuse my french, but parents, teachers and trusted neighbors need to stop fearing these kids and start back being the adults.

[/quote]

I agree Solo....
The way things are these days, I would hate to be charged with "paddling" an unruly student.  Many of these kids have access to guns and knives (the way us old-timers had access to baseball cards and bubble gum)..and they think nothing of using those weapons against someone who was "disrespectful" to them.  Back in the day, when a teacher reprimanded a student either verbally or by corporal punishment, the student for the most part learned his lesson (even though maybe it took several times).  Many kids nowadays  don't respect nor fear their parents, let alone respect teachers/coaches or anyone else in authority.  Sad state of affairs but that's how I see it.

[quote name="songone" post="1132702" timestamp="1322404636"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92289.msg1132699#msg1132699 date=1322404348]
[/quote]I agree... bring the paddling and true discipline back.  Quit letting them get away with every darn thing.  There should be consequences to their actions.  I see kids everyday that doesn't know how to say "yes sir" and "yes mam"... when I was young my Dad slap the censored out of me for not addressing my elders with respect.  Excuse my french, but parents, teachers and trusted neighbors need to stop fearing these kids and start back being the adults.
[/quote]

I agree good post. Parents need to quit being a "friend" to their child and be a Parent.

It is only going to get worse before it gets better. Coaches and teachers have "NO" control anymore and it is not their fault. [b]Bring paddling back to schools. Schools lost control when they quit paddling. [/b]JMO of course. Someone made a comment earlier about young people not fearing or respecting authority. BINGO!!!!!! Believe me it is at every single school.
[/quote]They still have paddling. It's up to the parents whether or not the school has permission to paddle them.

[quote name="YankeeDawg" post="1132708" timestamp="1322405196"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92289.msg1132699#msg1132699 date=1322404348]
[/quote]

I agree Solo....
The way things are these days, I would hate to be charged with "paddling" an unruly student.  Many of these kids have access to guns and knives (the way us old-timers had access to baseball cards and bubble gum)..and they think nothing of using those weapons against someone who was "disrespectful" to them.  Back in the day, when a teacher reprimanded a student either verbally or by corporal punishment, the student for the most part learned his lesson (even though maybe it took several times).  Many kids nowadays  don't respect nor fear their parents, let alone respect teachers/coaches or anyone else in authority.  Sad state of affairs but that's how I see it.
[/quote]

I agree also YankeeDawg.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1132709" timestamp="1322405226"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=92289.msg1132702#msg1132702 date=1322404636]
[/quote]I agree... bring the paddling and true discipline back.  Quit letting them get away with every darn thing.  There should be consequences to their actions.  I see kids everyday that doesn't know how to say "yes sir" and "yes mam"... when I was young my Dad slap the censored out of me for not addressing my elders with respect.  Excuse my french, but parents, teachers and trusted neighbors need to stop fearing these kids and start back being the adults.
[/quote]

I agree good post. Parents need to quit being a "friend" to their child and be a Parent.
[/quote]

Many kids have only one parent in their lives, usually the mother...Not saying tht a mom can't raise a child the right way, but it's beneficial to have a man around to do some rear end kicking when/as required.  Look at recent cases where kids have attacked, stabbed, shot and even killed a parent because parent wouldn't let the brat have his/her own way...If I ever raised hand to either of my parents, I wouldn't be here typing now...

[quote name="octfeb" post="1132710" timestamp="1322405233"]
It is only going to get worse before it gets better. Coaches and teachers have "NO" control anymore and it is not their fault. [b]Bring paddling back to schools. Schools lost control when they quit paddling. [/b]JMO of course. Someone made a comment earlier about young people not fearing or respecting authority. BINGO!!!!!! Believe me it is at every single school.
[/quote]They still have paddling. It's up to the parents whether or not the school has permission to paddle them.
[/quote]

I agree, they make you sign a paper every year stating if they can discipline your kid or not. But schools are so scared of lawsuits that you can ask many school districts and most will tell you that they don't dare paddle kids anymore. They have ISS, what a joke.

[quote name="YankeeDawg" post="1132712" timestamp="1322405565"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92289.msg1132709#msg1132709 date=1322405226]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Many kids have only one parent in their lives, usually the mother...Not saying tht a mom can't raise a child the right way, but it's beneficial to have a man around to do some rear end kicking when/as required.  Look at recent cases where kids have attacked, stabbed, shot and even killed a parent because parent wouldn't let the brat have his/her own way...If I ever raised hand to either of my parents, I wouldn't be here typing now...
[/quote]

BINGO!!!!!!! Right on.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1132716" timestamp="1322405731"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=92289.msg1132710#msg1132710 date=1322405233]
[/quote]

I agree, they make you sign a paper every year stating if they can discipline your kid or not. But schools are so scared of lawsuits that you can ask many school districts and most will tell you that they don't dare paddle kids anymore. They have ISS, what a joke.
[/quote]Putting these kids in "TIMEOUT" will not work!

[quote name="YankeeDawg" post="1132712" timestamp="1322405565"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92289.msg1132709#msg1132709 date=1322405226]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Many kids have only one parent in their lives, usually the mother...Not saying tht a mom can't raise a child the right way, [b]but it's beneficial to have a man around to do some rear end kicking when/as required.[/b]  Look at recent cases where kids have attacked, stabbed, shot and even killed a parent because parent wouldn't let the brat have his/her own way...If I ever raised hand to either of my parents, I wouldn't be here typing now...
[/quote]umm.. I am a mother of a son who's dad chooses not to be in the picture. And I have no problem "rearend kicking" when necessary. I kinda take offense to that.

La Marque is classless! A bunch of gang members and thugs. My brother teaches their and he can verify everything I tel you. Their drop out rate is like a Black Friday sale! Most kids come to school when they want to and they are well below all their test scores. Half of the football team is over 18 and their grade point average is pushed to a curve to make them all able to play. Come on son!

[quote name="octfeb" post="1132720" timestamp="1322405945"]
[quote author=YankeeDawg link=topic=92289.msg1132712#msg1132712 date=1322405565]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Many kids have only one parent in their lives, usually the mother...Not saying tht a mom can't raise a child the right way, [b]but it's beneficial to have a man around to do some rear end kicking when/as required.[/b]  Look at recent cases where kids have attacked, stabbed, shot and even killed a parent because parent wouldn't let the brat have his/her own way...If I ever raised hand to either of my parents, I wouldn't be here typing now...
[/quote]umm.. I am a mother of a son who's dad chooses not to be in the picture. And I have no problem "rearend kicking" when necessary. I kinda take offense to that.
[/quote]I'm proud of you Mom... We need more like you!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1132723" timestamp="1322406007"]
La Marque is classless! A bunch of gang members and thugs. My brother teaches their and he can verify everything I tel you. Their drop out rate is like a Black Friday sale! Most kids come to school when they want to and they are well below all their test scores. Half of the football team is over 18 and their grade point average is pushed to a curve to make them all able to play. Come on son!
[/quote]OUCHY!!

[quote name="octfeb" post="1132720" timestamp="1322405945"]
[quote author=YankeeDawg link=topic=92289.msg1132712#msg1132712 date=1322405565]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he means some cases not all. Good for you octfeb.

[quote name="songone" post="1132719" timestamp="1322405846"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92289.msg1132716#msg1132716 date=1322405731]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=92289.msg1132710#msg1132710 date=1322405233]
[/quote]

[/quote]Putting these kids in "TIMEOUT" will not work!
[/quote]

Right on again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124