TAPPS D1 State Championship: Kelly vs Fort Worth Nolan

COPY AND PASTED FROM A DIFFERENT WEBSITE

These teams have met 5 times since 1999.

In 1999 Nolan upset the defending state champ Bulldogs 10-7 denying them a chance at a repeat.

In 2000 Nolan came in with a ton of confidence after beating eventual state champ TCA and pushing a Bishop Lynch squad with Matt Nordgren and Ryan Moats to the limit. Unfortunately too many turnovers did in the Vikings that day, as the Bulldogs advanced.

2003, Kelly must have played a murderers row schedule to have as much ability as they did but have so few wins. They jumped out to a big lead early. Nolan tried to mount a rally, but it was too little too late.

The year is 2007. Kelly has what many people say is one of the best teams in the history of private school football. Not only did they go through the regular season undefeated but they beat one of the best teams in Louisiana as well public or private. Nolan used big plays and ball control offense to stun Kelly that day on their home field and go on to the state championship.

In 2008 Kelly has their chance for revenge a year later taking on a Nolan squad that had stumbled to 4th in district, and barely made the playoffs thanks to the expansion of the bracket to 12 teams that year. Again Nolan upset Kelly and would go on a roll beating Austin St. Mike's, stunning a Johnny Catalano led TCA squad, and avenging an earlier loss to Bishop Lynch in the championship.

Played on the teams that beat kelly in 07 and 08,
Kelly had the size but we had the heart to finish the game i believe.
Saturday will be a great game,
I feel like it's kelly's chance to get back at nolan for taking their spot in the play offs back to back,
For nolan its a chance to overcome last year's disappointing loss against Prestonwood and to defend its record against kelly.

Its gonna come down to who wants it more.
We have the two best teams in tapps, regardless of what people might think, they are. They wouldn't be in the state game if they weren't.
At this point in the season errors and etc. should be a thing of the past and everyone should be on top of their game.
Whoever plays the hardest and the smartest is going to win that game.

Good luck to my vikings! and also to the bulldogs!
Hope no one gets hurt,
and PLEASE. lets have a clean game on both sides!

GO VIKINGS

[quote name="ThatOneGuySaid" post="1137018" timestamp="1322809550"]
Played on the teams that beat kelly in 07 and 08,
Kelly had the size but we had the heart to finish the game i believe.
Saturday will be a great game,
I feel like it's kelly's chance to get back at nolan for taking their spot in the play offs back to back,
For nolan its a chance to overcome last year's disappointing loss against Prestonwood and to defend its record against kelly.

Its gonna come down to who wants it more.
We have the two best teams in tapps, regardless of what people might think, they are. They wouldn't be in the state game if they weren't.
At this point in the season errors and etc. should be a thing of the past and everyone should be on top of their game.
Whoever plays the hardest and the smartest is going to win that game.

Good luck to my vikings! and also to the bulldogs!
Hope no one gets hurt,
and PLEASE. lets have a clean game on both sides!

GO VIKINGS
[/quote]

2007 game still gives me a bellyache!

Go Dawgs!  Good luck Clint!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics