Vidor Pirates 2011 10-3

To all the Boys on our football team, and all the support groups, band, cheerleaders, drill team:

THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL SEASON!
You have made so many of us, proud, and given us a ride only a few can remember. I will never forget this season. I can only hope that your group has started a legacy. The kids playing youth ball today, have heroes to look up to.

God Bless the class of 2012 we love you!

Hell, I'm proud of them too!! All of you played your hearts out against our Wildcats, and you have a very disciplined and excellent team and wonderful fans. I know you have all been through a lot the last couple of months, and I could see from across the field that Everyone has become closer because of it. I kinda Wish that BOTH teams could have won tonight, but unfortunately we all know it doesn't work like that. I can't wait to see how you guys do next year!! Thanks for a great game tonight, it was a pleasure to see you play football!! Congratulations on a great season!!

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1130804" timestamp="1322288445"]
Hell, I'm proud of them too!! All of you played your hearts out against our Wildcats, and you have a very disciplined and excellent team and wonderful fans. I know you have all been through a lot the last couple of months, and I could see from across the field that Everyone has become closer because of it. I kinda Wish that BOTH teams could have won tonight, but unfortunately we all know it doesn't work like that. I can't wait to see how you guys do next year!! Thanks for a great game tonight, it was a pleasure to see you play football!! Congratulations on a great season!!
[/quote]
Thanks, very classy post and sentiment.  Y'all have a great team and fan support, hope you do well and go far!

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1130822" timestamp="1322290525"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92240.msg1130804#msg1130804 date=1322288445]
[/quote]
Thanks, very classy post and sentiment.  Y'all have a great team and fan support, hope you do well and go far!
[/quote]Thank you, sir we all hope we do well and go far too!! :)

Vidor Pirates, you have no reason to hang your head, walk through the halls of your school, with your chin up and a smile on your face, because you have won a game much more complex and difficult, and that's the game of life. In this world where respect is a rare commodity, and hard to come by, you have won. Hands down you have won. Matt is smiling down on his team, knowing they gave 110% on and off the field. Your peers are still talking about what a great thing you've done, and you did it with pride, dignity, and self respect, that would make anyone proud to be associated with, and any team proud to know they stepped on the field of play, with the Vidor Pirates. The downside of this season to most of your opponents, is the fact that most of your starters will be returning, and I guarantee that every coach has you on their radar, and their chalk boards bear your names.

Good luck to your graduating Seniors, and walk proud boys, walk proud.......

Super Pirates, thank you for an outstanding year and a great run. You played to every ounce of talent you had and with a lion's heart. For some of us old guys, you were an answered prayer for all the years of heartache we've had to endure. Seniors, God bless you all in your endeavours in life; take the team work and tenacity your learned from this and you will do well in life. Juniors and underclassmen: [color=red][size=10pt][font=georgia][b]2012 FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS TODAY!!! [/b] [/font] [/size] [/color] There is no "time off"!!! A district championship and another run at state is earned this summer running and in the weight room. We expect HUGE things from you next year, GO OUT AND GET 'EM!!

[move][size=36pt][font=georgia][b]GO 2012 PIRATES!!![/b][/font][/size][/move]

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1130844" timestamp="1322308945"]
Vidor Pirates, you have no reason to hang your head, walk through the halls of your school, with your chin up and a smile on your face, because you have won a game much more complex and difficult, and that's the game of life. In this world where respect is a rare commodity, and hard to come by, you have won. Hands down you have won. Matt is smiling down on his team, knowing they gave 110% on and off the field. Your peers are still talking about what a great thing you've done, and you did it with pride, dignity, and self respect, that would make anyone proud to be associated with, and any team proud to know they stepped on the field of play, with the Vidor Pirates. The downside of this season to most of your opponents, is the fact that most of your starters will be returning, and I guarantee that every coach has you on their radar, and their chalk boards bear your names.

Good luck to your graduating Seniors, and walk proud boys, walk proud.......
[/quote]Great words Mark..... thank you.... +1

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1130992" timestamp="1322324189"]
Congrats Vidor on a great season. Y'all had a heck of a team and played hard the whole game. Now for the fans I got one word, WOW. The fan support is amazing and they stayed loud throughout the whole game. It was a pleasure playing y'all.
[/quote]

Same here about ya'll. You have a heck of a team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder