Beaumont West Brook vs. Beaumont Central Game Thread/Central wins 57-51!

WOSgrad

I must agree.  Smith is as good or better than the last good Central player, Gulley, but 10 times more athletic.  He showed off the full game tonigt with the long range shot, high flying  dunks, and nice open court behind the back moves. He also showed great leadership out there.  Our underclassmen looks up to him.  I would have liked him to make more free throws, however. 

As far as the team goes, I've seen better performances.  We were horrible from the free throw line.  We have size and pretty good bigs this year.  Our post passes needs to be better.  I would also like to see plays ran for Smith, like screens or backdoor cuts vs. Iso. And let him create all the time.  Everything else is fixable.  I do lke our depth and size coming off the bench.  I also am starting to like the Freshman starter (yes, that's right.  He started) post player. We will need to play a flawless game on Friday to take down this H-J team.  Those guys are good and will be ready.

I will also add that if Central is the #1 team in the Dirty Dozen that WB needs to be getting more votes.  They only had two votes total this week compared to 96 for Central.  WB is coming in at #14.........not hardly!!!!  Even with the lose they will move up in my poll for sure.

Actually, Central was better from the free-throw line than WB.  Not a lot, but had a better percentage.  Both could use improvement.  I thought the players looked good tonight, but they looked much better Friday night against Hamshire-Fannett.  Smith is definitely coming into his own as a leader on the team.

[quote name="WB1993" post="1128068" timestamp="1322028679"]
Smith is the real deal. Very impressive tonight, also liked WB's Mike Zeno.
[/quote]zeno is a great player

#24 for WB is Jordan Green......Not sure Zeno's number but tall.lanky, mini fro Post with handles....but went to Vincent together.  Zeno and Wilridge the freshman from Central are cousins.  Also kin to da Dove and all have ties to AAU ball with Defenders Select.

Way to go guys

[quote name="mfd814" post="1128164" timestamp="1322058123"]
#24 for WB is Jordan Green......Not sure Zeno's number but tall.lanky, mini fro Post with handles....but went to Vincent together.  Zeno and Wilridge the freshman from Central are cousins.  Also kin to da Dove and all have ties to AAU ball with Defenders Select.

Way to go guys
[/quote]Ok.  the tall kid.  I understand now.  From where I was sitting, #24 from West Brook made that team go last night with his quickness and penetration.  He just couldn't really do much damage with our length. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1128341" timestamp="1322070840"]
We mostly use Smith to bring the ball upcourt.  I've seen Garrison running some pg, most of the time, when Smith is on the bench.
[/quote] I need to find those Houston refs before we play Central. They called one of the summer games and must have made 4 [color=red]palming the ball [/color]calls against Smith. He lost his focus :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder