PAM fans and Umbreallas?

bnic1500

Its the Mardi Gras song, its a VERY different way for our fans to i guess have an affect the game. Can you imagine being on the opposing sideline and hear our band blasting that song and then looking up and seeing the fans having a blast? It takes its toll on opposing teams.....not to mention the fact that they're usually getting spanked when the band cranks it up....sorry Big D, its been majestic this year.

[quote name="bigd92" post="1126765" timestamp="1321917824"]
I can tell you its a curse; everytime they pull them out for that song bad things happen and the momentum shifts to the other team. Been telling folks this since it started against Spring Westfield.
[/quote]
I agree with you Big92!  Glad to see someone else noticed and that's why I mentioned it to the band director. It would be a great song for the end of the game, when the win is sealed ;D

[quote name="I LUV MY CITY!!! (formerly known as ThaGhost)" post="1127197" timestamp="1321942422"]
Also as silly as it may sound, i feel as if that song and dance has given the whole PAM Community together. there's finally less and less talk about the "PAST" schools, and thats been kind of an UNOFFICIAL tradition for some time now....IJS
[/quote] I agree. When the song is played you do feel a sense of togetherness of the crowd. Something that hasn't happened in past years. It certainly gets the crowd involved which is a good thing because prior to this season PAM fans were "Mute"

It's really the only time that the crowd stands and makes a world of noise. The rest of the time they sit there like they are owed something. One thing I will say I don't like is when our band starts blasting music and we have the football. Someone needs to tell the band director that you blast the music when the other team has the ball. Like Clear Springs did and Houston Memorial will do Saturday  like they did last year. That's like band rule 101. Why would you make it harder for us to hear with the ball ? 

[quote name="mypooh" post="1127229" timestamp="1321963690"]
It's really the only time that the crowd stands and makes a world of noise. The rest of the time they sit there like they are owed something. One thing I will say I don't like is when our band starts blasting music and we have the football. Someone needs to tell the band director that you blast the music when the other team has the ball. Like Clear Springs did and Houston Memorial will do Saturday  like they did last year. That's like band rule 101. [b]Why would you make it harder for us to hear with the ball ? [/b]
[/quote]

dude in years of varsity play, i dont it Singleton has said "HIKE" one time. its all visual now between the QB and C, hince the C looking between his legs, for the signal from Singleton. i feel as if theband SHOULD play and play LOUD, doesnt matter if we have the ball or not. i tell you what, pass practice today and see what we have going on, i assure you that EITHER band playing affects the team.

That song is bad news and it has been since 2004; Im not a superstitous person but it is a song of relvalry. The actual name of it is Do what ya wanna. Im not a Mardi Gras fan so im probably in the minority here. I just wish they would wait till the end of games to play it or not at all. Our fans suck anyway thats why I sit on the visitors side. They loud about complaining and dissing the coaches but not yelling and screaming in support.

[quote name="bigd92" post="1127790" timestamp="1322003552"]
That song is bad news and it has been since 2004; Im not a superstitous person but it is a song of relvalry. The actual name of it is Do what ya wanna. Im not a Mardi Gras fan so im probably in the minority here. I just wish they would wait till the end of games to play it or not at all. Our fans suck anyway thats why I sit on the visitors side. They loud about complaining and dissing the coaches but not yelling and screaming in support.
[/quote]

You're absolutely right! 

[quote name="I LUV MY CITY!!! (formerly known as ThaGhost)" post="1127475" timestamp="1321985118"]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=92036.msg1127229#msg1127229 date=1321963690]
It's really the only time that the crowd stands and makes a world of noise. The rest of the time they sit there like they are owed something. One thing I will say I don't like is when our band starts blasting music and we have the football. Someone needs to tell the band director that you blast the music when the other team has the ball. Like Clear Springs did and Houston Memorial will do Saturday  like they did last year. That's like band rule 101. [b]Why would you make it harder for us to hear with the ball ? [/b]
[/quote]

dude in years of varsity play, i dont it Singleton has said "HIKE" one time. its all visual now between the QB and C, hince the C looking between his legs, for the signal from Singleton. i feel as if theband SHOULD play and play LOUD, doesnt matter if we have the ball or not. i tell you what, pass practice today and see what we have going on, i assure you that EITHER band playing affects the team.
[/quote]

It's not about saying hike but when we burning timeouts on the road in the third quater. We may need them in the 4th quater against Laporte cuz the calls and plays not right. That tells you why the band doesn't need to play. Most of the plays are called from the sidelines that means that attention to detail needs to be at a high. There is also changes made to the play called from the sidelines. No one said that you have to hear hike. I played at the college level and in pee wee league you are taught to watch the snap of the ball. It's a reason in the NFL the home team fans are quiet when they have the ball. Then again I must remember I'm talking about the new school era. Hell there is plenty talking during the national anthem. I'm just saying anyone that knows football knows that in close games timeouts are very vaulable.In hindsight had we not got a holding call on Saturday on 4th down with 4 minutes to go. We stuck with no timeouts left and less then 4 minutes to go in the game. I have attended my share of practices and when my kid is through playing I will still be supporting the Titans. I just think we on to something big this year and in the future. We also need to make sure we start doing things the proper way. IMO that's all 

[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=92036.msg1127790#msg1127790 date=1322003552]
[/quote

To everyone on the forum Big D is calling us out. If he sits on Houston Memorial side let's make him jealous by making noise and supporting the team from now on( for the right reason). May he can see where Roger Clemens was geting the hook up form this week while he over there this week. LOL !!! I really think that fan support is a lost art there is a lot of games attend and all the fans do the that just sit there. I then paid my money I'm having a good time. Hint I do not get up with my umbreallas on this song.

I do sit on our side from time to time but I pay for it. Its like all the negative peoplee sit next to me  and I could just scream. My Pooh its crazy how our fans look at you if you make some noise trying to support the team; Games are suppose to be loud and energized. People who dont like should stay home, for some its their first game of the season anyway.

[quote name="bigd92" post="1128346" timestamp="1322071522"]
I do sit on our side from time to time but I pay for it. Its like all the negative peoplee sit next to me  and I could just scream. My Pooh its crazy how our fans look at you if you make some noise trying to support the team; Games are suppose to be loud and energized. People who dont like should stay home, for some its their first game of the season anyway.
[/quote]I've been to a ton of Memorial games and have sat on the home side, sometimes with you.  The problem is the old school fans.  they're so busy screaming SFA, Lincoln, or T-J and don't realize that those teams don't exist anymore.  Let it go.  Root for these current kids.  They're a good team and need support.  I hear all this 'If this were at Lincoln' or 'we didn't have this problem at T-J.  The bad thing about it is that these old school dudes do this around recently graduated Memorial kids and players, teaching them the same foolishness. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1128376" timestamp="1322073264"]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=92036.msg1128346#msg1128346 date=1322071522]
[/quote]I've been to a ton of Memorial games and have sat on the home side, sometimes with you.  The problem is the old school fans.  they're so busy screaming SFA, Lincoln, or T-J and don't realize that those teams don't exist anymore.  Let it go.  Root for these current kids.  They're a good team and need support.  I hear all this 'If this were at Lincoln' or 'we didn't have this problem at T-J.  The bad thing about it is that these old school dudes do this around recently graduated Memorial kids and players, teaching them the same foolishness.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. Still coming to games in the old school colors. Geesh. Let it go this years group of kids was 7-8 years old when the school switched.

[quote name="bigd92" post="1128346" timestamp="1322071522"]
[/quote]

As I say the wagon is rolling baby it's so full you have to get yr tickets early. Get on board !!!! LOL

Agree everyone stuck on the past, Need to stop and get on board, support these boys and what they are doing. I say Keep the song but at the same time they play the song when we have the momentum in the game. Its sad when you see other teams  fans in there school colors and parents didnt even attend the school, but our fans always having purple gold or maroon and gold apparel. The Titans only team in PA so we should rally behind them. We have a great shot to going to state and we steady hear negative things instead of cheering for our team.

I hated the consolidation and voted against it but hey majority rules. I let it go and I supported these kids from day one;others should do the smae. I may get sickened by a playcall but I am responsible enough to know that screaming at the coaches and tearing them down to the kids is divisive. If we want a goog product out on the field; community support is imperative.

[quote name="bigd92" post="1128755" timestamp="1322104001"]
I hated the consolidation and voted against it but hey majority rules. I let it go and I supported these kids from day one;others should do the smae. I may get sickened by a playcall but I am responsible enough to know that screaming at the coaches and tearing them down to the kids is divisive. If we want a goog product out on the field; community support is imperative.
[/quote]

That's all I've said. As a graduate of SFA, you couldnt tell me nothing bad about the SFA Eagles however, the love of the game and just being at the games is a huge thrill for me and my family. Now, the Eagles have been reborn through THE TITANS....GO YE MIGHTY TITANS!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont