Anahuac vs. Hull-Daisetta Game Thread/Anahuac wins 76-26!

WOSgrad

The game was over with 4 mins to go...Anahuac was up about 30 at this point.  The Daisetta coach put in bench players and Anahuac did not, and kept pressing until the game ended.  The officials were horrible, but  it's a shame that the score does not indicate that it was even a game.  Good luck to Anahuac having success doing that to Hardin, EC, Buna, etc...

[quote name="knows2much" post="1119970" timestamp="1321457737"]
The game was over with 4 mins to go...Anahuac was up about 30 at this point.  The Daisetta coach put in bench players and Anahuac did not, and kept pressing until the game ended.  The officials were horrible, but  it's a shame that the score does not indicate that it was even a game.  Good luck to Anahuac having success doing that to Hardin, EC, Buna, etc...
[/quote]

So what about [b]Dayton[/b] beating [b]East Chambers [/b] 81-39, [b]Hardin-Jefferson [/b] beating [b]Little Cypress [/b] 55-16, [b]Vidor[/b] [b]beat West Orange stark 65-22[/b]? 

I understand your concern about the Anahuac coach not pulling off the press with that large of a lead. However, its so early in the season, I'm sure the Anahuac coach is only trying to prepare his team for a tough district. Also I know that 2 of his starters are freshmen and 1 a sophomore so I'm sure he wants them to get as much court time as possible again to be ready for a tough district. According to the other scores you posted it didn't seem as though other teams were worried about the point margin of the game. Its only the second week of the season.

[quote name="smiley0115" post="1120451" timestamp="1321480663"]
I understand your concern about the Anahuac coach not pulling off the press with that large of a lead. However, its so early in the season, I'm sure the Anahuac coach is only trying to prepare his team for a tough district. Also I know that 2 of his starters are freshmen and 1 a sophomore so I'm sure he wants them to get as much court time as possible again to be ready for a tough district. According to the other scores you posted it didn't seem as though other teams were worried about the point margin of the game. Its only the second week of the season.
[/quote]

I understand what you're saying too...but being up by that much might be a good opportunity to work on things to do when you CANT press.  because Anahuac wont be able to press the better teams in their district..not even for a half.  My point was that Anahuac added 20 points to their lead with half of the 4th quarter to go....and they didn't have to.  When there is that much time left and the game is over...get some kids some court time that normally wont get it.  Or work on things you are weak at or need to...that's all

[quote name="knows2much" post="1120897" timestamp="1321541383"]
[quote author=smiley0115 link=topic=91650.msg1120451#msg1120451 date=1321480663]
[/quote]

I understand what you're saying too...but being up by that much might be a good opportunity to work on things to do when you CANT press.  because Anahuac wont be able to press the better teams in their district..not even for a half.  My point was that Anahuac added 20 points to their lead with half of the 4th quarter to go....and they didn't have to.  When there is that much time left and the game is over...get some kids some court time that normally wont get it.  Or work on things you are weak at or need to...that's all
[/quote]

What if the coach thought that the team was weak at pressing?

[quote name="forum" post="1120969" timestamp="1321546039"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=91650.msg1120897#msg1120897 date=1321541383]
[quote author=smiley0115 link=topic=91650.msg1120451#msg1120451 date=1321480663]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What if the coach thought that the team was weak at pressing?
[/quote]

Ok fine..  they're weak at pressing and need to work on it.  He could've let some of the other players work on it too.  I mean, unless their top 5/6 players are never gonna get tired, in foul trouble, fail, get hurt, get sick, miss a game or practice, or anything. If those are the only players that will ever get to play then yeah I understand

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder