Record breaking performance by PNG WR

ndn4eva

[quote name="magic" post="1122065" timestamp="1321645340"]
look I know you love your guy and that's great.  Please get on Rivals or Scout and look at the size speed and highlight tapes of receivers who have committed to SEC schools.  I hope that he has a chance to play college football so you can continue to follow him.  Just not sure why you have to go to such extremes.  I know it is going to shock you, but being an outstanding player for PNG does not mean that you are one of the best in the country.  You are doing the young man a diservice by making such statements.
[/quote]
u know that website doesnt mean ne thing...ya lets rate high school players..we see year in and year out that alot of the highly rated players dont produce in college...alot of the time its the under the radar kids that excel in the game...for example...florida has all the kids that are top rated in the ratings..but do we see an unstoppable force in florida? nooo...some more examples of how the ratings dont mean ne thing...garrett gilbert was a stud in high school..won a couple state championships..what did he do at texas?? fell off the map...another one...sry brenham fans..jaret lee..was amazing in high school..what did he do at lsu?? fell off the map...do i need to list more players that were highly rated and didnt do well? and shall i list players that werent highly rated and did well because i can if u want me too..like i said ratings dont mean crap...

[quote name="Enjun07" post="1122226" timestamp="1321653674"]
[quote author=magic link=topic=91554.msg1122065#msg1122065 date=1321645340]
look I know you love your guy and that's great.  Please get on Rivals or Scout and look at the size speed and highlight tapes of receivers who have committed to SEC schools.  I hope that he has a chance to play college football so you can continue to follow him.  Just not sure why you have to go to such extremes.  I know it is going to shock you, but being an outstanding player for PNG does not mean that you are one of the best in the country.  You are doing the young man a diservice by making such statements.
[/quote]
u know that website doesnt mean ne thing...ya lets rate high school players..we see year in and year out that alot of the highly rated players dont produce in college...alot of the time its the under the radar kids that excel in the game...for example...florida has all the kids that are top rated in the ratings..but do we see an unstoppable force in florida? nooo...some more examples of how the ratings dont mean ne thing...garrett gilbert was a stud in high school..won a couple state championships..what did he do at texas?? fell off the map...another one...sry brenham fans..jaret lee..was amazing in high school..what did he do at lsu?? fell off the map...do i need to list more players that were highly rated and didnt do well? and shall i list players that werent highly rated and did well because i can if u want me too..like i said ratings dont mean crap...
[/quote]

More than not though, higher rated players produce.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1122362" timestamp="1321665684"]
And what D1 Brenham player actually did anything in college or pros? Jarret Lee is a below average hand the ball off QB.
[/quote]

I think Limus Sweed was from Brenham.  He is one that comes to mind.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1122362" timestamp="1321665684"]
And what D1 Brenham player actually did anything in college or pros? Jarret Lee is a below average hand the ball off QB.
[/quote]
Cooper had a pretty darn good pro career...In the MLB! ;D
There have been some pretty good linemen did well in college you just dont here much about them because, well, there linemen!

Point being in all this is that Rivals is not the end all be all of talent. There are a lot of kids that aren't heavily recruited because they were not on the radar screen early on, but they turn out to be damn good D1 players. One thing also is that if Nelson or any kid gets on the radar of a major program (UT, OU, LSU, Bama, USC, etc.) then his ratings imediately go up! Why?  Because they are paying for these recruiting sites and the alumni of those programs don't want to see them recruiting some 2 star kid! 2 stars become 3 stars and 3's become 4's, etc..

[quote name="baseball10" post="1122503" timestamp="1321668337"]
He needs to tell Doty up at Oregon to suck up to his coaches and show some interest in him so we can bring the PNG Combo up with the Ducks!! wouldnt that be awesome! ;)
[/quote]
Nah, they need to both play somewhere down here where we can actually watch them! ;D

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1122391" timestamp="1321666413"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=91554.msg1122362#msg1122362 date=1321665684]
[/quote]

I think Limus Sweed was from Brenham.  He is one that comes to mind.
[/quote]

And what has he done?

I believe he was a wide receiver at UT and played with Vince Young. I think he actually made a game winning catch in a big game (maybe against Tech or Oklahoma - can't recall). 

He was drafted for the Pittsburg Steelers.

Not trying to stir the pot - just trying to remember Brenham players that have been successful after high school.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1122628" timestamp="1321670448"]
You would think Brenham was the only school with any kind of football players if you read some peoples post.
[/quote]

Somebody has had it out for Brenham lately.....  Still in disbelief after Dayton Butchslapped y'all out of the playoffs I guess!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1123189" timestamp="1321680372"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=91554.msg1122628#msg1122628 date=1321670448]
You would think Brenham was the only school with any kind of football players if you read some peoples post.
[/quote]

Somebody has had it out for Brenham lately.....  Still in disbelief after Dayton Butchslapped y'all out of the playoffs I guess!
[/quote]

No disrespect towards the cubs from here.

Brenham seems to be that other team (aside from Dayton) that is a thorn in PN-G's side when it comes playoff time.

I dunno about being butchslapped, I would say lost to an equal team but with a pro kicker! Lol he was the difference in the game, but no noone got butchslapped , it was a good game, turnovers also played a role in it! It must have been all the beer I bought you at hooters at lunch that cluttered up your thinking! Lol

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1123466" timestamp="1321715051"]
I dunno about being butchslapped, I would say lost to an equal team but with a pro kicker! Lol he was the difference in the game, but no noone got butchslapped , it was a good game, turnovers also played a role in it! It must have been all the beer I bought you at hooters at lunch that cluttered up your thinking! Lol
[/quote]

Lol.  It was only one.  Just giving PNGFan a hard time since he started blasting Brenham.  You're right, it was a very good game.

[quote name="badndn" post="1122527" timestamp="1321668732"]
[quote author=baseball10 link=topic=91554.msg1122503#msg1122503 date=1321668337]
He needs to tell Doty up at Oregon to suck up to his coaches and show some interest in him so we can bring the PNG Combo up with the Ducks!! wouldnt that be awesome! ;)
[/quote]
Nah, they need to both play somewhere down here where we can actually watch them! ;D
[/quote]

Very True!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder