1. 1. Who wins?

• PN-G
    • Dayton

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="robertpz" post="1114646" timestamp="1321109852"]
My nephew plays for PNG, but I am also a Dayton grad. I have been to a couple of PNG games this season where they went 1-1. Against Livingston, they struggled against a solid running game. While Dayton may not have a power RB, they do have a nice tandem of a running QB and a quick RB, a combination which gave PNG fits against Crosby. Plus, unlike Livingston, Dayton can also throw the ball.

I think it will be a close game, but I give the edge to Dayton w/ their nice mix of running & passing as I think PNG, which can be overagressive at times with their Defense, will make one mistake that gives Dayton the win in the end...

Now when my nephew becomes the starting QB at PNG next year, I may feel differently if this matchup occurs again next year!
[/quote]
Livingston and Crosby were way early in the season. And no offense but when Livingston had mays i don't think anyone can say that they were just as good as them. But anyways PNG has shown great improvement in there run defense. Look at what they did against Vidor. They controlled a great running game. Dayton has struggled this year against teams that, IMO, aren't as good as PNG. I think PNG comes up with a win in this one.

[quote name="robertpz" post="1114646" timestamp="1321109852"]
My nephew plays for PNG, but I am also a Dayton grad. I have been to a couple of PNG games this season where they went 1-1. Against Livingston, they struggled against a solid running game. While Dayton may not have a power RB, they do have a nice tandem of a running QB and a quick RB, a combination which gave PNG fits against Crosby. Plus, unlike Livingston, Dayton can also throw the ball.

I think it will be a close game, but I give the edge to Dayton w/ their nice mix of running & passing as I think PNG, which can be overagressive at times with their Defense, will make one mistake that gives Dayton the win in the end...

Now when my nephew becomes the starting QB at PNG next year, I may feel differently if this matchup occurs again next year!
[/quote]These are some very good points. Mayes at Livingston, had he stayed healthy, would be playing ya'll instead of us IMO and you'd see how hard that kid runs....Crosby, well, they beat us with a solid run attack.....IMO we just came off an easy win against a very weak Gregory Portland team and I think we underestimated Crosby offense. Learned a lesson I believe. Our defense has vastly improved so we should be able to hold our own...now if our defense can't stop Fowler and the crew, then I think it will be a shoot out, because I don't think Dayton can stop our weapons, ie Bertrand, Miller, Nelson, Chipman, Lacour, and possible even Arvie( think he is going to finally see some plays)...so it could be like the Ozen BH game, quite frankly, that drives me crazy....Now is your nephew AJ?

Yes my nephew is AJ. Boy that would have stirred the pot if I was talking about someone else! :)

He's a good kid. He just needs to figure out whether his heart (and size) is more suited for basketball or football. I am hoping to help send him to a football camp this summer to help get a little edge going into next year. He went to the UT camp this past summer, but even as a Longhorns fan, I know that it is more of a PR camp in early June than a true developmental opportunity.  I told his stepdad (my brother) he needs a little swagger to him to help push him competitively. Whatever he sets his mind to, I know he will do well...

Good look to both teams tonight!

OK I have question our band has put out calls to the stadium. No return Call from them. our band needs to talk to someone about being able  bring in pizza at half time who do we need to call to get an answer name and phone# would be great thanks

[quote name="octfeb" post="1114862" timestamp="1321118529"]
OK I have question our band has put out calls to the stadium. No return Call from them. our band needs to talk to someone about being able  bring in pizza at half time who do we need to call to get an answer name and phone# would be great thanks
[/quote]

Wish I could help, but my kids attend school in BISD and I can tell you that they NEVER return calls.  Whenever you do successfully get to speak with someone, they don't know what they are talking about.  The BISD Police are usually pretty helpful though, but I am not sure that would help in this situation.

[quote name="invictus" post="1114868" timestamp="1321118785"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90983.msg1114862#msg1114862 date=1321118529]
[/quote]

Wish I could help, but my kids attend school in BISD and I can tell you that they NEVER return calls.  Whenever you do successfully get to speak with someone, they don't know what they are talking about.  The BISD Police are usually pretty helpful though, but I am not sure that would help in this situation.
[/quote]ugh well hopefully someone will know they were aloud to last year I would think it still aloud this year. But who knows. Thanks for responding to my post

[quote name="robertpz" post="1114803" timestamp="1321115229"]
Yes my nephew is AJ. Boy that would have stirred the pot if I was talking about someone else! :)

He's a good kid. He just needs to figure out whether his heart (and size) is more suited for basketball or football. I am hoping to help send him to a football camp this summer to help get a little edge going into next year. He went to the UT camp this past summer, but even as a Longhorns fan, I know that it is more of a PR camp in early June than a true developmental opportunity.  I told his stepdad (my brother) he needs a little swagger to him to help push him competitively. Whatever he sets his mind to, I know he will do well...

Good look to both teams tonight!
[/quote]AJ is in the same boat as Miller was last year behind Doty....I think AJ will do great next year, I personally would like to see him get more reps in a game, Maybe that will happen tonight ;)....I know he has a cannon for an arm and he runs well and is freaking tall. One thing for sure is that he looks intimidating out there....he is a good kid though and I know he will do well...can't wait to see him in basket ball!!!! He'll just have to wait now as we move into the playoffs ;)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1114880" timestamp="1321119195"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90983.msg1114868#msg1114868 date=1321118785]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90983.msg1114862#msg1114862 date=1321118529]
[/quote]

[/quote]ugh well hopefully someone will know they were aloud to last year I would think it still aloud this year. But who knows. Thanks for responding to my post
[/quote]

If you want to call the BISD Police Dept, their number is 409-617-7001.  If they don't know the answer, I am sure they may be able to point you in the right direction.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1114911" timestamp="1321120644"]
Anybody know the phone #call to the stadium I can't find it anywhere Texas bob don't even have it.  ::)
[/quote]

Call Ford Park, surely they have the number seeing how they sit down the road from each other.

(409) 951-5400

[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="1114932" timestamp="1321121265"]
Lets go Indians.... Complete the sweep and lets hear what excuses 19-4a still comes up with.
[/quote]Won't be no excuses from us. If we get beat, that'll mean we got beat by the better team. But, "THE BRONCOS ARE READY TO STAMPEDE THE BUTCH TONIGHT" ;) ;)

[quote name="knightrider" post="1114961" timestamp="1321122235"]
[quote author=vidor96pirates link=topic=90983.msg1114932#msg1114932 date=1321121265]
Lets go Indians.... Complete the sweep and lets hear what excuses 19-4a still comes up with.
[/quote]Won't be no excuses from us. If we get beat, that'll mean we got beat by the better team. But, "THE BRONCOS ARE READY TO STAMPEDE THE BUTCH TONIGHT" ;) ;)
[/quote]These two match up pretty well....whose ever defense can step up to the plate to stop the offense at least in one or two possessions could be the difference 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder